Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Correct for non exclusive and transition tags.  Exclusive tags I allow them to extend immediately after.  Perks for paying more for that tag.

Stupid question time - How does compensation work please?

For example if it's normally 2 first rounders. What if I don't have a first? Would they get 2 future years or first in 2024 and 2025. Or can a team not bid of they don't have a 2023 1st rounder?

Just now, sparky151 said:

How are they paying more for the tag? Are they required to keep the cap number in year 1 at the tag amount or something? The Exclusive tags cost a lot more than non-exlcusive IRL and I thought the penalty in TCMD was the tag money wasn't available for round 1 of bidding?

I increased it 20%.  Couldn't get the numbers locked in time.  The only tags I'm forcing people to carry for the first round is non exclusive and transition tags.  exclusive tags the guys have already extended those contracts.  Just like I did with Jones.  Tagged him with the exclusive tag and extended his contract.

If you want to discuss doing it different for next year we can.  Kinda late in the game to change anything now.

1 minute ago, mountainpd said:

For example if it's normally 2 first rounders. What if I don't have a first? Would they get 2 future years or first in 2024 and 2025. Or can a team not bid of they don't have a 2023 1st rounder?

Not sure for TCMD but in real life the Dolphins wouldn't be able to sign a franchise tagged player since they don't have a first round pick this year. Lions could sign someone and give up the Rams pick and be done with compensation if they wanted to keep their first next year (they wouldn't do that though).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Good question.... I really don't know to be honest.  

Anyone have a clue on this?

I increased it 20%.  Couldn't get the numbers locked in time.  The only tags I'm forcing people to carry for the first round is non exclusive and transition tags.  exclusive tags the guys have already extended those contracts.  Just like I did with Jones.  Tagged him with the exclusive tag and extended his contract.

If you want to discuss doing it different for next year we can.  Kinda late in the game to change anything now.

Yeah, that should definitely be changed for next year. It's a loophole if nobody actually has to carry a player at the higher number before a new contract that inevitably has a lower cost for the year of the sim. 

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, that should definitely be changed for next year. It's a loophole if nobody actually has to carry a player at the higher number before a new contract that inevitably has a lower cost for the year of the sim. 

I think we've been doing it this way for a bit now but can't recall.  Will note it with things to discuss.

Thanks man.

• Like 1

Good question.... I really don't know to be honest.  

Anyone have a clue on this?

Yes, the team signing a player has to have a first round pick. If they have a second first round pick that is earlier in the draft than their natural pick, they have the option of using it in lieu of their next year's first. So Eagles or Lions could sign a free agent and keep their picks for 2024 if they wanted to. But they wouldn't want to do that. The team losing the player doesn't get the option of which year's picks they receive. 

Just now, sparky151 said:

Yes, the team signing a player has to have a first round pick. If they have a second first round pick that is earlier in the draft than their natural pick, they have the option of using it in lieu of their next year's first. So Eagles or Lions could sign a free agent and keep their picks for 2024 if they wanted to. But they wouldn't want to do that. The team losing the player doesn't get the option of which year's picks they receive. 

This makes sense to me.  If you don't have something it's hard to pretend you do...haha.

Gotta be honest, I haven't seen anyone that's been tagged that is worth two firsts.

• Like 1

Our next phase dates, because I pushed phase 1 you guys will only have today and tomorrow 8pm to submit tender offer sheets.  

Phase 2

• GM can begin to create contract  extensions for Exclusive Tagged players only.

• Use the Tagged option in the drop down cell in the Extension sheet.

• Tender Offer Sheet Contract

• Deadline to have offer sheet bids completed - Saturday, Feb. 18th @ 8pm

• I’ll post the valid contract offers and tag the GM/coGMs by - Saturday, Feb. 18th @ 10pm

Round 1 Free Agent Bidding

• Deadline to have contracts created - Monday, Feb. 20th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results - Monday, Feb. 20th @ 11pm

• Note:  1st round announcement may exceed 11pm

Team GM Tags

Arizona Cardinals - @LuckyNumber11
Atlanta Falcons - @ovfd55
Baltimore Ravens - @Justone2
Buffalo Bills -
@downundermike
Carolina Panthers - @MikeT14
Chicago Bears - @squire12
Cincinnati Bengals - @sparky151
Cleveland Browns - @cortes02
Dallas Cowboys - @JetsandI
Denver Broncos - 
@BowserBroncos 
Detroit Lions - @winitall
Green Bay Packers - @MaximusGluteus
Houston Texans - @jch1911
Indianapolis Colts - @RTTRUTH
Jacksonville Jaguars - @Trojan
Kansas City Chiefs - @RedGold
Las Vegas Raiders - @NYRaider & @Humble_Beast
Los Angeles Chargers - @whodatOL
Los Angeles Rams - @Freebirdsrams
Miami Dolphins - @mountainpd
Minnesota Vikings - @KingOfNewYork
New England Patriots - @Deadpulse
New Orleans Saints - @whodatOL
New York Giants - @ny92mike & @YogiBiz
New York Jets - @bcb1213
Philadelphia Eagles - @EaglesPeteC
Pittsburgh Steelers - @Cbrunn
San Francisco 49ers - @Forge
Seattle Seahawks - @DTMW78
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - @BucsDraftGeek47
Tennessee Titans - @Daniel & @SerenityNow
Washington Commanders - @MKnight82

3 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, I don't remember anyone in TCMD signing a UFA. Can't remember if anyone signed a RFA with pick compensation either. 

It's really a pain of a process to build and it really never gets used.  I'd be down to discuss removing it for next year, but it would require changing things.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

It's really a pain of a process to build and it really never gets used.  I'd be down to discuss removing it for next year, but it would require changing things.

We should keep it but it happens so rarely, it could be done manually and avoid formula crunching. 

• Like 1