All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. At 50 or 53 I'm pretty hell-bent on getting one of the LBs. Wilson, Cooper, Colson. As long as we get one of those guys I'll be happy with whoever else we take. I guess my realistic 50 and 53 list would be Roman Wilson, Michael Hall, Polk, Sainristil, Bullard, Melton, Rosengarten, Braswell, Isaac, Fiske, Nubin, Kingsley, Haynes, Jenkins, Frazier, Zinter, Trice. There's so many fun corners left I'd also be happy with but I doubt we go that way. Rakestraw, Tampa, Lassiter. Of course McKinstry and DeJean. Two guys I really want a bit later are Andru Phillips and Taylor-Demerson. Those are like my dudes.
  3. Pretty good bet there. Don't see WR/RB in play (yet) and I'd be at least mildly surprised if they went OL again that fast. CB, SAF, LB, DL all in play in round 2. Ton of good DBs available in round 2.
  4. I think that last part is an accurate description. Knowing he is the 3rd or 4th option on any given play, it almost appears like the drops come from shock at getting a target vs bad hands lol.
  5. If they stick with strict BPA it’s probably… Newton DeJean JPJ Kool Aid After those 4 I feel like there’s a decent drop off in talent - those guys are first round talents imo. Will be interesting to see if any of them make it close to our pick
  6. This is a good point. I'm a guy that just prefers putting out the most talent on the field and letting it play out but we will not get nothing for Deebo next offseason or may get very little. We can still get solid value this year while then drafting an OL/CB with the pick we use to trade on him. Javon Solomon in the 3rd round anyone?
  7. It appears Miami was pretty focused on Chop, reportedly they had 4-5 offers to trade out but didn’t want to risk missing out on him. They also allegedly tried to trade back into the first round but could not make it happen.
  8. i would’ve been sorely tempted by the raiders here, and i’m guessing we had an offer, but i can understand why they didn’t risk it if they loved latham that much. latham and fashanu were the only tackles i *really* wanted after alt, and they had to know that one of them would’ve gone to the jets and there would be a chance at getting jumped for the other. i did not want fuaga or fautanu at all. having said that, would i have done that trade back and risked settling for mims? probably, tbh.
  9. For all we know, it was at the owner's urging or insistence.
  10. i actually think the lakers are pretty good. it's just that the nuggets are an absolute juggernaut. i love that lakers fans think their problem is darvin ham. he's not good but this team just can't touch denver talent, physicality, athleticism, execution wise beautiful man. all the trauma i went thru with the lakers. our league now
  11. I personally just feel really comfortable with what we have at DT. I like Newton, but we need more bodies on D as well.
  12. I could live with Rose at 36. Take a year to develop and replace Wylie in late 2024 or the 2025 season. That would be fine to me. I don't like Wiley at 40 at all. Wayyyyy too much other talent still here.
  13. Because we started the Tank for Caleb thread which was a billion pages long, then there was the other "Bears take Caleb at 1.1" thread that was about some gm mock draft. The conversation has been had since week 6 of the season lol
  14. When did they hire Ryan Pace
  15. Minnesota's 2025 1st for a 2024 top 40 pick and the other team's 2025 second round pick + more?
  16. When you have a roster lacking at virtually every position group on the field, why do you take a low-ceiling QB with a premium pick? There are Bo Nixes in every draft and most can be had later than No. 12 overall. That's my beef with the pick. I get the argument we needed a QB and Nix holds a lot of what Payton values, okay, that's fine, but is he a franchise altering talent? I don't think so. Sean is no doubt an elite offensive mind and very good head coach, so are you telling me we couldn't find a similar, if not identical, QB prospect next year or the year after? Or later this year? And Sean could coach him up and do so with a supporting of young, ascending players? You can't listen to the cheerleading the local media is doing as they're either a) trying to pump up the fanbase and bring the causal fans back into the fold for their own business reasons, b) fawning over the pick to stay in the good graces of the organizational leadership to assure continued access, or c) both. The national media and other experts, and yes, I know, are not cheerleading this pick in the least as they don't have to worry about polishing apples or generating traffic. I said this last night but it bears repeating - Nix not a bad QB, he's not going to be a colossal bust, a la Paxton Lynch, but what's his ceiling? On what did we just spend the #12 overall pick? I see a guy who's floor is a 10-12 year reliable backup, Trevor Siemian for instance, and whose ceiling is a middle of the road starter, Derek Carr, maybe approaching Kirk Cousins in a peak season or two. In conference that has Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Stroud, Lamar, Herbert and Tua, all in their primes and on all teams with better rosters. And we're supposed to believe Nix is going to be our franchise savior?
  17. Probably seen him throw a ball 5 times so my opinion on the player is worthless. Personally, I like going QB. We've been down the plodder QB route and it's so boring. I'd rather have the trainwreck with the good picks that come with it at this point.
  18. I consider getting anyone considered to be top 2 at their position at a position of need...not including ST...a win. I think getting a top talent at any position has more potential to be pro bowl/all pro and getting say the 9-11 rated WR or OT. So I would be happy with either Cooper or Colson in the 2nd, same as getting DeJean who is probably the top safety.
  19. I’m not saying he’s Ernest Shazor at all, but in order to keep a level head, I always remind myself of Ernest Shazor in 2005. I read all the draft magazines. He was pretty much a consensus round 2-3 guy. I wanted him with our 2nd. We took Nick Collins (“Who?!?!”) and the league, who collectively know more than any draftnik, let Shazor go undrafted. I never ever forget that, because it informs just how little we all know.
  20. I think the last 2 months of knowing exactly where this was going has probably put a damper on it somewhat hahaha... I still can't believe it to be fair...what a year to land that #1 pick off a trade along with everything else that came with it...if Caleb does live up to the billing then it has to be the biggest robbery in NFL history.
  21. Tbf he hasn’t beat out Bagent for QB1 yet, so….
  1. Load more activity