Bloodshed Mafia CIVS WIN!!!

Slappy Mc

i was debating whether i should jump into a full analysis of the story so far, and what it means.

thoughts from the group?

1. Dead Pre-Game - Mayor - Civ Aligned
  2. @OleXmad
  3. @LetTheBallFly
  4. @MookieMonster
  5. @MathMan
  6. @Famous Jameis
  7. @Darth Pees
  8. @bcb1213
  9. @domepatrol91
  10. @Ragnarok
  11. @bucsfan333
  12. @Woz
  13. @squire12
  14. @james.mcmurry13
  15. @theuntouchable
  16. @PuntMyLumps
  17. @stallyns
  18. @Whicker
  19. @gopherwrestler
  20. @EliteTexan80
  21. @kingseanjohn
  23. @MD4L

Just now, MathMan said:

i was debating whether i should jump into a full analysis of the story so far, and what it means.

thoughts from the group?

1. Dead Pre-Game - Mayor - Civ Aligned
  2. @OleXmad
  3. @LetTheBallFly
  4. @MookieMonster
  5. @MathMan
  6. @Famous Jameis
  7. @Darth Pees
  8. @bcb1213
  9. @domepatrol91
  10. @Ragnarok
  11. @bucsfan333
  12. @Woz
  13. @squire12
  14. @james.mcmurry13
  15. @theuntouchable
  16. @PuntMyLumps
  17. @stallyns
  18. @Whicker
  19. @gopherwrestler
  20. @EliteTexan80
  21. @kingseanjohn
  23. @MD4L

Always down for some analyzing of the story. Gives us an easy reference later in the game.

1 minute ago, MathMan said:

thoughts from the group?

Fine by me.  I am going over the opening story and looking for roles on each side.

1 minute ago, PuntMyLumps said:

Haven't checked my PM yet.  Normal civ checking in.  Hope I'm not breaking any rules.  Or do I?

1. Barely involved for most of day one.
  2. Hasn't read the rules.
  3. Hasn't read the PM.
  4. Claiming to be civilian.

Yeah, PuntMyLumps

Just now, Woz said:
  1. Barely involved for most of day one.
  2. Hasn't read the rules.
  3. Hasn't read the PM.
  4. Claiming to be civilian.

Yeah, PuntMyLumps

Oh don't worry about voting for me.  I'll be killed night one just like the last 20 times I tried playing this game.

1 minute ago, MathMan said:

left my notes at work, but from what I recall:

• Town (16)
    • Sheriff - either investigation or possibly handcuff/lockdown ability (a la Bossman from Wrestlemafia: no vote, no power) ... maybe both?
    • Deputies (2) - sound like a pair of watchers (I'm waiting for when they watch each other cause you know it's gonna happen); maybe a watcher and a tracker?
    • Veteran - paranoid gun owner (you visit him at night, regardless of who you are, you dead); possibly vigilante (town night kill)?
    • Old man - martyr, can give up place in game for someone dead (potentially person can be dead multiple nights?)
    • Gigantic man - protector (can lose power due to high caliber rounds, godfather's Magnum (used to kill mayor) and vet's shotgun most likely the risks at this point)
    • Townsfolk (10) - just trying to stay alive
  • Mafia (5)
    • Archer/"The Boss"/"The Godfather" - head mafia, godfather (immune to investigations), may have "big caliber bullet" gun (possibly an every other night power?)
    • Ben - goon (no powers beyond mafia chat)
    • Frankie - lawyer/tailor (turns investigation results on its head)
    • Tony - silencer (person won't be able to speak next day, or have weird posting restrictions)
    • Veronica - temptre ... I mean, role blocker (nullify power at night)
  • Other (1)
    • Distraught mother - was going to give out guns like it was Christmas [dead due to modkill]

What do you have?

Sherrif is usually a day hit. Could be an investigative role for this.

The old man sounds like a lesser Bodyguard. Usually the Bodyguard either dies in place of the target or kills the attacker. In this case, it sounds like he just dies.

And I'd guess the deputies are a Watcher and Tracker.

Big guy is an Angel. But survives the first unblockable hit. Which is a cool twist.

Sounds like mafia has an unblockable hitter (based on the big guy's role), a roleblocker, a silencer, and a Framer. So the fifth is... Nothing? Maybe a solo guy not in the chat. But if this is a 'bloody' mafia, maybe he has hits.

Also, not a fan of silencers.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

The old man sounds like a lesser Bodyguard. Usually the Bodyguard either dies in place of the target or kills the attacker. In this case, it sounds like he just dies.

Not sure it's that. He's not going to out fight the mafia.

Sounds like he sacrifice himself to resurrect someone. Whether that includes lynches was left unclear.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Not sure it's that. He's not going to out fight the mafia.

Sounds like he sacrifice himself to resurrect someone. Whether that includes lynches was left unclear.

Oh. I read it as he'd give his life to save someone. Just figured that was from a hit. 

Which would make sense if this game is supposed to be bloody. More protections would help with the ratio being what it is.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Oh. I read it as he'd give his life to save someone. Just figured that was from a hit. 

Which would make sense if this game is supposed to be bloody. More protections would help with the ratio being what it is.

I mean, he is an old man and all.

Archived