2010s Horror - Official FF BMET (Nominations Closed)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the first entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Horror movie from the 2010s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Poll is up and there can only be one! Keep in mind the amount of votes the winner receives will help determine seeding in the bracket, so dont stop voting for the movie you think deserve the spot because its winning by a landslide, your vote will still count! Polling will close Monday, 2/17/2020 at 6pm EST. 

• Like 2

I don't watch too many horror movies to be honest, and the ones that I do, are probably more thriller than horror, so I apologize in advance if some of these do not fit your criteria...

That said from the 2010's...

It, Get Out, Bird Box (yes I said it), I Saw the Devil

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't watch too many horror movies to be honest, and the ones that I do, are probably more thriller than horror, so I apologize in advance if some of these do not fit your criteria...

That said from the 2010's...

It, Get Out, Bird Box (yes I said it), I Saw the Devil

Im assuming It Chapter 1?

• Like 1

This one absolutely has to be The Conjuring.  Don’t let the subpar to bad sequels and offshoots taint it for you, The Conjuring was by far the best true horror film of the 10’s.

The only ones close are kinda horror, but not horror.  A Quiet Place I would consider something else.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This one absolutely has to be The Conjuring.  Don’t let the subpar to bad sequels and offshoots taint it for you, The Conjuring was by far the best true horror film of the 10’s.

The only ones close are kinda horror, but not horror.  A Quiet Place I would consider something else.

That's one I haven't seen, but it definitely has to be considered. It started the horror Renaissance.

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Noms:

Cabin in the Woods

The Witch

Hereditary

Susperia

I have like 20 to nominate from the Thriller dept. I like those movies better.

These are 4 movies that stuck with me though. Cabin in the Woods isnt scary, but it essentially outscreamed Scream and was a brilliant deconstruction of the genre, and i loved the behind the scenes technician view. And when chaos ensued, it was just fun

Witch had perfect atmopshere

Heriditary has some great nonjumpscare scares, and Toni Collette should have won Best Actress

Susperia had some great performances and i liked it better than the original. I like how it showed the power struggle between the witches. And Dakota J actually did good

• Like 1