Wentz traded to the Colts for 2021 3rd Rounder and conditional 2022 2nd Rounder

SalvadorsDeli

Just now, Jaguarfan said:

as opposed to the polished prospects that will be around in rounds 4-7 in this draft?

I’m not following? If Wentz flames out they atleast have someone who they’ve been grooming for 2 years atleast who has all the tools just needs time. (From what I’ve read) 

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

according to spotrac, philly eats a ton of dead money - meaning the dead cap for the colts is extremely minimal after 2021

If he doesn't pan out, they are not burdened with the contract

I like it

Indy takes on 4/98M, and only 2021 is guaranteed (15M of 2022 though guarantees March 19 this year, so practically, 2022 is on the books too).

Philly saves no money this year, but saves on 24M of cap space in 2022.   

Philly needed this way more than Indy.  In that respect, Roseman really deserves credit here, he sure looks like he got max value on this trade, given the escalator.   

Edited by Broncofan

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

according to spotrac, philly eats a ton of dead money - meaning the dead cap for the colts is extremely minimal after 2021

If he doesn't pan out, they are not burdened with the contract

I like it

My understanding is that the contract gets a lot easier to get out of after 2022. So they're essentially committing to Wentz for 2 years at a minimum, but will be able to move on from there if he can't get back on track. 

Just now, mattyice0401 said:

I’m not following? If Wentz flames out they atleast have someone who they’ve been grooming for 2 years atleast who has all the tools just needs time. (From what I’ve read) 

then we're in agreement. I'm just saying that "raw prospect" is the best they're going to do with the draft capital they have to use on a QB, so it only makes sense for Eason to be that guy as opposed to drafting someone new. 

• Like 1