JJ Watt signs with the Arizona Cardinals

.Buzz

Just now, ET80 said:

Probably, yeah. It was also probably the biggest number offered, too. 

I think we as fans overthink these decisions. At the core of it, these players are mercenaries - they flock to the highest dollar, regardless of who has that dollar.

Yes you would think though at the end of his career demanding to be let go from 1 year 17.5 mil would be the time to take a cut and chase a ring. I mean its not like he will be poor the remainder of his life. Both him and his children will be set for life just off what he did in Houston. I guess as fans you expect him to make the move to win a ring and not chase more money but I get it. At the end of the day it is a business and you have to look out what matters most to you and I guess the financial amount trumps the ring for him.

1 minute ago, RamblinMan99 said:

I mean, it depends on who the player is, and I just didn’t expect JJ Watt to be thinking on those terms.  

Other edge rushers in the league, yes of course.  But, it’s just a surprise coming from him.  

Yeah, I guess we never figured Capt. America had a price tag...

Every team with a good to great QB not on a rookie contract get used to that this year.

Rumors connecting big name free agent to team paying QB 13% or more of the cap?

Annnnd they signed with Jacksonville, Cleveland, Miami, Arizona, Buffalo...

Free agency might as well be called the, “We don’t have to pay a QB or we’re still riding the rookie deal sweepstakes.”

13 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Arizona isn’t in cap hell.  They can release Robert Alford and Justin Pugh to save $15m.  Extend Chandler Jones to lower his cap hit to re-sign or tag Reddick.  This definitely means Peterson is gone unless he takes a haircut.

The good ole take a haircut or be gone!

• Like 1

Just now, rocky_rams said:

Russ is who he is but I didn’t know JJ can come off like such a square 

Yeah, don't get me wrong, he's awesome and did some amazing work in Houston, but he knows where those cameras are and is absolutely that way too. :) 

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

4zybl1.jpg

I remember when Watt went after Zach Mettenberger a few years ago for posting a selfie before his first ever start....that always seemed weird to me

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

In all seriousness, I personally am a biased Cardinals hater. I think Murray is extremely overrated and I have them finishing last in the NFC West in 2021, barring a major trade for someone like Watson and trying to flip Kyler to the Texans.

Murray goes home to Texas and is probably a better prospect than all other QB's not named Lawrence, Watson follows Hopkins & Watt for Texans west....that actually makes some sense 

I personally thought he would go to an NFC team. 
Just an easier path to a Super Bowl, when you look at the QB's.

You have Rodgers, maybe Wilson and Tom Brady(a year older). 
Brees likely gone. 

Compared to the AFC where there's almost all of the AFC North, AFC East with Bills, Dolphins, AFC South with Titans and Colts.  AFC West has a rising star in Herbert. 

Just seems like a better chance and lesser to overcome. 

Makes the Cards better. Wonder if that means Reddick is going to be a FA.