TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

33 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Is there a mod that would mind helping out @BringinDaPain in keeping the draft thread updated.  I'm assuming that you can still edit other member post.

We can only edit posts in the forum of which we mod. I don't have mod powers in this forum and cannot edit someone's post, for example. 

1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

Do you know who are assigned to this sub forum?

So far as I know, there isn't one. The only people who can edit / change / delete posts would be global mods. 

1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

Do you know who are assigned to this sub forum?

I don't think there is one. I actually went through all the mod assignments one day (because I am a loser) and I didn't see anyone assigned to this forum.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

So far as I know, there isn't one. The only people who can edit / change / delete posts would be global mods. 

Well then I don't understand why webby can't badge a member that has dedicated the past 4 years to bringing a quality mock draft to this forum.  Right now not having a dedicated mod is just making things harder for me.

@EliteTexan80

43 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Is there a mod that would mind helping out @BringinDaPain in keeping the draft thread updated.  I'm assuming that you can still edit other member post.

@ny92jefferis   

Would it work to copy and paste the picks that have been made and the upcoming picks from the google worksheets draft board?  I think that posting that 1x per day should be enough for all the GM's to see where things are.  It should not have to be in the opening post of the draft thread for all the GM's to be able to see where things are at.

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@ny92jefferis   

Would it work to copy and paste the picks that have been made and the upcoming picks from the google worksheets draft board?  I think that posting that 1x per day should be enough for all the GM's to see where things are.  It should not have to be in the opening post of the draft thread for all the GM's to be able to see where things are at.

A draft thread really isn't even needed as the entire process can be done in the workbook, but I try to have as much as I can housed in the forum and having an updated draft order showing which players have been drafted brings more views to the forum.  

There is always a workaround just like we had to workaround the limited messages issue, it just created more work for me is all.  Before I just needed to click on the gm link and copy and paste the workbook link and moved on to the next team.  No time was lost in matching the conversation message to the workbook links.  

As far as the badge goes, it just makes things easier for me.

15 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

giphy.gif

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Need the GM's from each team to send me a message with the subject line reading, "TCMD - [YOUR TEAM] Workbooks" I'll use these conversations to send you the workbooks over the next couple days.

@LuckyNumber11

@bcb1213

@SirA1

@NickChowaniec

@BringinDaPain

@winitall

@sparky151

@cortes02

@Desperado82

@BowserBroncos

@IDOG_det

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@IrishHooligan00

@davidderion

@ChaRisMa

@Fragafootball

@mountainpd

@PurpleMugen

@Deadpulse

@whodatOL

@KingOfTheDot

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC

@waffles7

@Forge

@One Punch Man

@Trojan

@DTMW78

@USC_Fan

This also serves as my way of knowing if you are still involved in this mock draft, so don't put getting me this message off too long otherwise we'll find a replacement.

Thanks.

If you haven't done so already, you really need to send me this message.  I've received most but not all.

32 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Well then I don't understand why webby can't badge a member that has dedicated the past 4 years to bringing a quality mock draft to this forum.  Right now not having a dedicated mod is just making things harder for me.

@EliteTexan80

Shall we start a new thread? Global campaign perhaps.

#ny92jefferisforgmmockmodboom.

10 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Any preference on which draft pick value chart is used?  I'm leaning toward using Hill's version.

We have the older Jimmy Johnson version.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldraftvalue/

or the Rich Hill's version

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/4/23/15398184/2017-nfl-draft-creating-a-brand-new-nfl-draft-value-trade-chart

I'd say leave it to the teams individual preferences...though lets be honest, the trade values in this are always skewed because everyone is always looking to move down and seldom looking to move up. 

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd say leave it to the teams individual preferences...though lets be honest, the trade values in this are always skewed because everyone is always looking to move down and seldom looking to move up. 

I agree, but this is just for general use for the draft board doc.  Just need a value for that column.  Teams can use it or not, this would just serve as a general value.  If I have time I'll try and work in an option that the gm can select.

Archived