TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

One suggestion to help with the blind bidding and not accidentally doubling up. 

Say for example how denver bid on two QBS but knew theyd only want 1 but didnt think they're offer would be good enough for either, you could add a box in the contract for prioritization of that position, however if say you needed two WRS you could leave that spot blank or put a #1 for both and get both if you had the best bid. 

so example:

Cousins

Contract Details blah blah 

Signing bonus blah blah

McCarron 

Signing Bonus Blah Blah

Then if he won cousins, his bid for mccarron would be nulled, and then the next player with the best bid would get McCarron.

Not sure how you could get a formula to work for that, or if it would have to do it by viewing but yea lol

Just now, IrishHooligan00 said:

One suggestion to help with the blind bidding and not accidentally doubling up. 

Say for example how denver bid on two QBS but knew theyd only want 1 but didnt think they're offer would be good enough for either, you could add a box in the contract for prioritization of that position, however if say you needed two WRS you could leave that spot blank or put a #1 for both and get both if you had the best bid. 

so example:

Cousins

Signing bonus blah blah

McCarron 

Signing Bonus Blah Blah

Then if he won cousins, his bid for mccarron would be nulled, and then the next player with the best bid would get McCarron.

Not sure how you could get a formula to work for that, or if it would have to do it by viewing but yea lol

This is actually the thinking that I was having - a priority type box. But that small box may be a big add to the worksheets, so it'll be something that we have to look into for next season. 

For those interested to know if a team has made created a tendered offer sheet on one of your RFA or TAGGED players.

You can view it here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YXRawzP_POKwmFd6IOdAUBFrJGDaHqbegpx9Rv0SjDc/edit?usp=sharing

If the players name is highlighted in blue text, the player has an offer sheet created.  Not to say that they can't delete it before the deadline.

Also let me know if the tagged names worked.

@bcb1213
@BowserBroncos
@BringinDaPain
@Cbrunn
@ChaRisMa
@cortes02
@Counselor
@daineraider
@davidderion
@Deadpulse
@Desperado82
@DTMW78
@EaglesPeteC
@Forge
@Fragafootball
@IDOG_det
@IrishHooligan00
@jch1911
@KingOfTheDot
@LuckyNumber11
@mountainpd
@NickChowaniec
@One Punch Man
@PurpleMugen
@samsel23
@SirA1
@sparky151
@squire12
@Trojan
@whodatOL
@winitall

Ok its working now.

But here is the tagged list currently.

TAGGED PLAYERS THAT HAS RECEIVED A TENDERED OFFER SHEET
3736 - Demarcus Lawrence - 43DE NO OFFER SHEET
2372 - Nigel Bradham - 43OLB OFFER SHEET GENERATED
2834 - Andrew Norwell - LG NO OFFER SHEET
2020 - Ezekiel Ansah - 43DE NO OFFER SHEET
3802 - Lamarcus Joyner - S NO OFFER SHEET
4825 - Allen Robinson - WR NO OFFER SHEET

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Yup.....Im basically hamstrung now to do much. Which is fine for the betterment of all but......ouch

That rule was in there at the beginning, about the apy being the following years number.  I guess it got overlooked in the guidelines.

Personally, I like it because I think it does help with the abuse of back loading and pushing cap into the future.  I think if more saw that they would have curved their spending.

Archived