Mini TCMD - Discussion Thread

ny92mike

3 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I think that's nuts.  How is Lock vastly better than previous Missouri QBs like Chase Daniel, Blaine Gabbert, or Maty Mauk? None of them were NFL successes. He had 28 touchdowns in his 4th year of starting. That's not very impressive. His junior year was better than his senior. 

What?...i said I liked his arm and his number of years hes played.  What does all of these qbs you mention have anything to do with what I said about lock.

What would you guys change about this mini mock if we were to use it in the future as a second mock draft?

Do you think we could expand on the fa and turn this version into a continuous mock?

@LuckyNumber11

@Justone2

@DTMW78

@NickChowaniec

@BowserBroncos

@sparky151

@cortes02

@D82

@winitall

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@Tugboat

@samsel23

@Trojan

@jrry32

@mountainpd

@Deadpulse

@Dome

@KingOfTheDot

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC

@Cbrunn

@Forge

@IrishHooligan00

@CHOMP_CHOMP

@mike23md

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I'm not going to disagree with you, but his highlight tape stood out to me.  The velocity and touch he can put on the ball is just insane.  He's got 4 years of college experience which I think will help his transition to the pros.  All of those played a heavy factor in my decision to draft him.

I think he'll be the top quarterback from this class in 3 years time.

I think Lock is the best of the 3

I don’t think Haskins will ever be a productive NFL QB

Murray is boom or bust 

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

What would you guys change about this mini mock if we were to use it in the future as a second mock draft?

Do you think we could expand on the fa and turn this version into a continuous mock?

@LuckyNumber11

@Justone2

@DTMW78

@NickChowaniec

@BowserBroncos

@sparky151

@cortes02

@D82

@winitall

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@Tugboat

@samsel23

@Trojan

@jrry32

@mountainpd

@Deadpulse

@Dome

@KingOfTheDot

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC

@Cbrunn

@Forge

@IrishHooligan00

@CHOMP_CHOMP

@mike23md

I kind of like the mini version if I am honest, the full version is awesome of course, but there is something nice about the simplicity of the 1 year deals

59 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

General rule of thumb, if you haven't been talking to teams before you are OTC, trade talks usually don't start up once you've gotten on the clock. Just accept your fate and pick lol 

Be home in about 40 mins. Will make my pick then 

3 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I think Lock is the best of the 3

I don’t think Haskins will ever be a productive NFL QB

Murray is boom or bust 

I also think Lock will be the easiest to judge early on if he can be successful..  will be much easier to tell if you need to move on after s couple years

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@LuckyNumber11

@Justone2

@DTMW78

@NickChowaniec

@BowserBroncos

@sparky151

@cortes02

@D82

@winitall

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@Tugboat

@samsel23

@Trojan

@jrry32

@mountainpd

@Deadpulse

@Dome

@KingOfTheDot

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC

@Cbrunn

@Forge

@IrishHooligan00

@CHOMP_CHOMP

@mike23md

As a full replacement i think it is too different of an experience and then it comes down to what you prefer. I think this one is easier to get in to because everything is very much simplified and basic so as an extra thing later in the offseason i think its a good thing but as a full replacement i think it lacks the planning and structuring of contracts that the full blown version offers.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I kind of like the mini version if I am honest, the full version is awesome of course, but there is something nice about the simplicity of the 1 year deals

I think we can still have that simplicity on multi year deals, by eliminating the top 51 cap and using something as simple as an APY value, although I hate to kill the accumulated dead money by eliminating the signing bonus, but just using a percentage of the APY to determine the base and bonus.

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

As a full replacement i think it is too different of an experience and then it comes down to what you prefer. I think this one is easier to get in to because everything is very much simplified and basic so as an extra thing later in the offseason i think its a good thing but as a full replacement i think it lacks the planning and structuring of contracts that the full blown version offers.

This wouldn't be a replacement to the full version of tcmd, but a addition to the tcmd system.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

This wouldn't be a replacement to the full version of tcmd, but a addition to the tcmd system.

Ah yeah i think its fine for that. It probably would be something that is done later than we started now so the big free agents and such will already be settled in place and it really will be about those lower level guys.

1 hour ago, BowserBroncos said:

Not many guys wanting to move up for QBs and no one wants to paid top draft capital for other positions.

Might be hard to trade down now with Lock, Haskins and Murray gone.

My QB3 is still available.  Granted...i just grabbed my QB1 and already have a decent starting QB...so i'm probably not going to be doing a lot more QB shopping.  But somebody is going to get a steal...eventually.

11 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Ah yeah i think its fine for that. It probably would be something that is done later than we started now so the big free agents and such will already be settled in place and it really will be about those lower level guys.

If we left it to an annual mock yes.

I just keep thinking that something smaller in design like this mini mock could provide a cool continuous mock.  Its something we've talked about for years and I'd love to create it for next year.

Would definitely need all of your help to make it happen to get it developed.  I wouldn't even be opposed to running a fantasy draft where the rosters we start out with are blank.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

If we left it to an annual mock yes.

I just keep thinking that something smaller in design like this mini mock could provide a cool continuous mock.  Its something we've talked about for years and I'd love to create it for next year.

Would definitely need all of your help to make it happen to get it developed.  I wouldn't even be opposed to running a fantasy draft where the rosters we start out with are blank.

Wouldn't the one year deals be a problem to make it continuous?

Archived