Josh Allen is an ELITE QB

VanS

5 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I feel like there's a high probability that Josh Allen and the Bills are a complete anomaly this season.  I don't want to hate, but I can't imagine them winning a playoff game.  I can't imagine them being anywhere near as good next year.

Josh Allen somehow recovering that fumble and not only getting the first down but gaining like 4 yards is their entire existence in a nutshell.

They can probably win a playoff game against the AFC South winner. 

16 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I feel like there's a high probability that Josh Allen and the Bills are a complete anomaly this season.  I don't want to hate, but I can't imagine them winning a playoff game.  I can't imagine them being anywhere near as good next year.

Josh Allen somehow recovering that fumble and not only getting the first down but gaining like 4 yards is their entire existence in a nutshell.

Honestly, I like the Bills, but yeah, they'll be a prime candidate for regression next year. They're way up there in a LOT of the stats that tend to signify a decline the following year. With the Pats now having played some real opponents, the Bills have, by a LONG SHOT, the easiest schedule played so far in the league. Last I saw, they were 5th lowest in games lost to injury, and 2nd lowest in lost AV to injury (this stat is basically an attempt to judge the quality lost to injury.) Outpacing their expected W/L. It's very likely they do worse next year, record wise.

I don't post much on this site, which I really like. I like to inform myself and I like reading some of the reactions from other teams' fans.

I know that week afte week some people like to go for the hyperbole, but let's pump the brakes.

Yes, Allen is super talented. Yes, Allen entered the league as a long term procject. Yes Allen, was super green as a pocket QB.

And what eventually will turn into an elite career is his drive and work ethic to be better every day. He keeps finding road blocks in his path and he keeps sorting them out. Last night he had another test and he aced it. 

The kid gets it and his teammates loves playing for him.

As of today he's not elite, but he is damn fine football player with a lot of room to grow, which is amazing.

Go Bills!!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

I don't post much on this site, which I really like. I like to inform myself and I like reading some of the reactions from other teams' fans.

I know that week afte week some people like to go for the hyperbole, but let's pump the brakes.

Yes, Allen is super talented. Yes, Allen entered the league as a long term procject. Yes Allen, was super green as a pocket QB.

And what eventually will turn into an elite career is his drive and work ethic to be better every day. He keeps finding road blocks in his path and he keeps sorting them out. Last night he had another test and he aced it. 

The kid gets it and his teammates loves playing for him.

As of today he's not elite, but he is damn fine football player with a lot of room to grow, which is amazing.

Go Bills!!

Great post, he is uber talented, and he is playing very well, which is different from elite. 

Allen is dynamic. But like the other guy it’s going to be interesting to watch when his legs are taken away from him. Can he win you a game solely with his arm? These guys get figured out, all it takes is one coach to put a dent in the armor, then others begin copying the techniques. 

Guys def owe Allen an apology though, he’s a solid QB. 

I think Allen has a number of things going for him.

He lucky to have an extremely smart coaching staff who coaches the defense well and that side of the ball has kept them in games over the season. The coaching staff also understand what he is, an inaccurate quarterback who is physically gifted and have tailored their offense around that skill-set. He seems to play his best when it matters most, at the end of tight games and in primetime which is a huge credit to him.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I think Allen has a number of things going for him.

He lucky to have an extremely smart coaching staff who coaches the defense well and that side of the ball has kept them in games over the season. The coaching staff also understand what he is, an inaccurate quarterback who is physically gifted and have tailored their offense around that skill-set. He seems to play his best when it matters most, at the end of tight games and in primetime which is a huge credit to him.

He really hasn’t been inaccurate the last couple of months on anything outside of the deep ball though. That’s the biggest thing for me. He’s hitting those 10-15 yard out routes with ease. The deep ball he had been over shooting by like 5-10 yards every time, until the last couple of weeks when the whole “play fearless” thing came out that McDermott started to preach to him. The game is slowing down for him. The “inaccuracy” was happening when he was getting way too amped up and trying to play hero ball. Hopefully that part of him is gone for good now. We will see.

• Like 1

I think Josh Allen is fun as hell to watch play and he's certainly made improvements from last year. I actually do think he has a chance to become a top tier QB in this league, but he's absolutely not there yet.

BTW, did anyone need to see who the OP was to know who created this thread or did we all just know who it was as soon as we saw the title of the thread? I'm guessing it's the latter.

He isn't Elite and it isn't close. He should however get a apologies from the draftniks on this forum. The guy was the most hated prospect ever and not just here as well. I was expecting a Ryan Leaf meltdown so from that front he is exceeding expectations. He still struggles with the intermediate throws and tends to sail deep passes. He has shown improvement this year on those areas but not enough to say he is Elite. 

Edited by Classic

Van S thread, for sure.

Where's the line here? We could say he's elite because he's an NFL QB...hundreds of thousands of guys play QB and he's one of 40 or so that do it in the best arena possible. OR, are saying elite is ACTUALLY elite, where only 1, 2 or 3 (or so) can possibly considered elite? If so....no. He's not.