Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I couldn't believe he did the first time I passed on him lol 

I already took two OLs, but he's been I think the top overall player on my board since before my last pick.

He was the guy I brought up in the underrated prospect thread as the most underrated OL in the draft.  Can legitimately play all 5 positions, and looks great on film.  Not as clean a blocker as he could be, but that's what OL coaches are for, and that versatility is worth a lot.

Him and Rodriguez are the biggest recent steals, and there've been some good ones.

Just now, Daniel said:

I already took two OLs, but he's been I think the top overall player on my board since before my last pick.

He was the guy I brought up in the underrated prospect thread as the most underrated OL in the draft.  Can legitimately play all 5 positions, and looks great on film.  Not as clean a blocker as he could be, but that's what OL coaches are for, and that versatility is worth a lot.

Partly why I loved taking him. I'm playing for 2024 with this roster. So I have time to develop him and figure out his best position. I think at worst he is my primary o-line backup eventually, at least on the interior. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Partly why I loved taking him. I'm playing for 2024 with this roster. So I have time to develop him and figure out his best position. I think at worst he is my primary o-line backup eventually, at least on the interior. 

I told my Co-GM if he makes it to 227, I'm sprinting to the podium, and for the same role.  Primary backup, and probably future starting guard.  But there are actually lots of IOLs I think would be great value picks now anyway, I just had them significantly under Kirkland.

I think I'm down to one player that's just super high on my BB compared to everyone else that's still there, and I don't think he gets to 227, but he might.  Two players on the collective BB, and I doubt either one makes it.

The others on that list previously were Rodriguez, McIntosh, Horton, and Blackmon.

So I'm starting to think I shouldn't have scheduled the draft with the entire weekend including Friday off for St. Patrick's day.

I could change the schedule starting tomorrow morning, if you guys are good with that.

Current schedule is we are off Friday and Saturday.

I did this because it's a holiday where heavy drinking with family and friends is a must.

Right now we are already picking on the Sunday 11:20 time slot. 

Anyway, let me know if we want to adjust the current schedule for Friday and Sat. 

So I'm trying to figure out if we are doing awards for this mock?  I have some that are interested in this and some that are not.

I would like to get a head count of for or against.  So please tag me with if you are for or against having a voting system for awarding members for their success in this mock.

@ny92mike is for having awards.

Thanks

Team GM Tags

Arizona Cardinals - @LuckyNumber11
Atlanta Falcons - @ovfd55
Baltimore Ravens - @Justone2
Buffalo Bills -
@downundermike & @Iggles25
Carolina Panthers - @MikeT14
Chicago Bears - @squire12
Cincinnati Bengals - @sparky151
Cleveland Browns - @cortes02
Dallas Cowboys - 
@eaglesfan0075 
Denver Broncos - 
@BowserBroncos 
Detroit Lions - @winitall
Green Bay Packers - 
@Ghostnote
Houston Texans - @jch1911
Indianapolis Colts - @RTTRUTH
Jacksonville Jaguars - @Trojan
Kansas City Chiefs - @RedGold
Las Vegas Raiders - @NYRaider & @Humble_Beast
Los Angeles Chargers - @whodatOL
Los Angeles Rams - @Freebirdsrams
Miami Dolphins - @mountainpd
Minnesota Vikings - @KingOfNewYork
New England Patriots - 
@Underdog
New Orleans Saints - @whodatOL
New York Giants - @ny92mike
New York Jets - @bcb1213
Philadelphia Eagles - @EaglesPeteC
Pittsburgh Steelers - @Cbrunn
San Francisco 49ers - @Forge
Seattle Seahawks - @DTMW78
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - @BucsDraftGeek47
Tennessee Titans - @Daniel & @SerenityNow
Washington Commanders - @MKnight82

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

what's the deal with the long snapper, what makes him worth a 6th? not hating, just curious you don't see them often

Had a bunch of guys left on my board without anyone I felt really strongly about. Usually 1 or 2 do get drafted every year, and Belichick has a long history of investing day 3 picks on ST guys. Would’ve preferred to retain Joe Cardona but he was gone before I got here and not super confident in the guy who filled in for him last year that’s still on the roster. Just seemed very Bill-like to fill that spot now and let the chips fall where they may for my last pick.

• Like 1

@ny92mike I usually make lists of worst and best drafts at the end anyway, so I don't mind voting.  I pay a lot less attention to what everyone does in free agency though, so if that's a route we go, it'd be helpful if everyone post a summary of their offseason in a thread.  Like in the roster thread or something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

@ny92mike I usually make lists of worst and best drafts at the end anyway, so I don't mind voting.  I pay a lot less attention to what everyone does in free agency though, so if that's a route we go, it'd be helpful if everyone post a summary of their offseason in a thread.  Like in the roster thread or something.

I like the roster overview thread.  Depth charts can be a bit overwhelming when going through 32 of them.   No matter how well you format, if you build to 90 man,  it’s a lot to take in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

I like the roster overview thread.  Depth charts can be a bit overwhelming when going through 32 of them.   No matter how well you format, if you build to 90 man,  it’s a lot to take in. 

I like this idea too.  I could add a thread, that the OP has some links to free agency, team rosters, etc and then like we do with the depth chart thread each team post their overview of their offseason transactions.