Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

10 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

I think there has to be some sort of apy as there are more players than bids and you will get some players snapped for vets minimum.

I understand nothing is perfect. But this might be worth experimenting with. I see the concern, but with a group of 15+ knowledgeable participants I doubt more than maybe 2 players slip through the cracks. 

As the current system stands, I end up bidding on guys I can get now, while waiting for values to come down. Impatience probably hurts the fairness in current structure, at least as much as ignorance will trying it without APY's guiding who goes in which round. Still a 4 bid max per round.

I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

21 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

I understand nothing is perfect. But this might be worth experimenting with. I see the concern, but with a group of 15+ knowledgeable participants I doubt more than maybe 2 players slip through the cracks. 

As the current system stands, I end up bidding on guys I can get now, while waiting for values to come down. Impatience probably hurts the fairness in current structure, at least as much as ignorance will trying it without APY's guiding who goes in which round. Still a 4 bid max per round.

I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

No system is perfect. Just like in real free agency, you need to prioritize who you are spending your time with and negotiate with. While you are negotiating with 1 player, another team is negotiating with another. Teams don’t have the man power to negotiate with every player even if they have the cap space. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Another question, when you say 8PM / 11PM is that EST?

Yes, it's written somewhere. EST

Edit: He also said the results for round 1 might take slightly longer to post though too. So don't hold him over the fire if it's not 11PM on the dot

Edited by RTTRUTH
  • Like 2

Getting closer to deadline.  Please, please, please make sure you are in the green for the 2023 season otherwise none of you bids will be counted.  So again with sugar on top make sure you are in the green for this year or you're in for a crap first round of bidding.

That is all well that and good luck and you better double check your bids and change them a dozen more times...haha.

Team GM Tags

Arizona Cardinals - @LuckyNumber11
Atlanta Falcons - @ovfd55
Baltimore Ravens - @Justone2
Buffalo Bills -
@downundermike
Carolina Panthers - @MikeT14
Chicago Bears - @squire12
Cincinnati Bengals - @sparky151
Cleveland Browns - @cortes02
Dallas Cowboys - @JetsandI
Denver Broncos -