2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I didnt see that in the CBA nor did I find that anywhere online. 

Miami doesnt have the 6th overall pick, I actually think it's the 4th or 5th and that wouldve been ludicrous anyway for Feiler. Everything I found simply states a pick in Tendered round.

4th or 6th I looked at it last night so going off a failing memory.

Nothing says that the club must give it up was my hang up with that rule.

(c) No First Refusal Exercise Notice. If the Prior Club does not give the
Restricted Free Agent the First Refusal Exercise Notice within the applicable period, the
player and the New Club shall be deemed to have entered into a binding agreement,
which they shall promptly formalize in a Player Contract, containing (i) all the Principal
Terms; (ii) those terms of the NFL Player Contract not modified by the Principal Terms;
and (iii) such additional terms, not less favorable to the Restricted Free Agent than those
contained in the Offer Sheet, as may be agreed upon between the Restricted Free Agent
and the New Club (subject to Section 5 below), and the Restricted Free Agent's Prior
Club shall receive from the New Club the Draft Choice Compensation, if any, specified
in Section 2 above of this Article. Any Club that does not have available, in the upcoming
Draft, the selection choice or choices (its own or better choices in the applicable
rounds) needed to provide Draft Choice Compensation in the event of a timely First
Refusal Exercise Notice may not sign an Offer Sheet in such circumstances.
The player
and the New Club may not renegotiate such Player Contract to reduce the Salary in such
contract until after the end of the first regular season covered by the Contract. Neither
the player nor the New Club may exercise an option in such Player Contract that reduces
Salary in the first League Year of such contract until after the end of the first regular
season covered by the Contract.

4 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Hey man. Don’t fret it I don’t quit on these things, I think everyone is on board in the main and not even sure there is a debate to be had, I checked before my tender offer and all the rules State is equivalent round value which I do have. If I didn’t have a second rounder then imo it would rise to my first rounder which clearly I wouldn’t want after trading so muc( to get to #2.

i also would not have traded my initial pick had I not traded out of that spot. 

I would say my bid included my pick number I was proposing and agree if I did have two 2nd rounders like I did originally then it would have to be my first of the two.

No worries man....I'm just giving information on why I did what I did based on the data I had available to me at the time.  Transparency at work is all. 

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So basically in the future if someone offers a sheet on an RFA if they dont have their original pick in that round the offer sheet is nullified.

It would appear that is the case irl.

But not every rule fits tcmd.  Something to discuss I guess after this is over.

Thanks for the clarificationI I am just about to trade someone to recoup my pick and didn’t need to give accept offer if this was withdrawn. for the record I think the deal was fine and only 1 GM had a problem with it, I even told other gms what I was trying to do when I was trying to get back in 2nd round.

Let’s roll on.

last call on X Howard. :)

Just now, ny92mike said:

Trying to figure out the issue but I'm just not seeing the issue to figure it out.

I'll go back in and look again.

It might just be my computer. iMac is 9 years old and I think it's some sort of glitch on my end. 

1 minute ago, samsel23 said:

I would just undo my trade with Mia and give them back their 2nd lol.   I really don’t care that much about 1 extra pick... rather than them being forced to give up their 1st

No need....The transaction has already been made.  Cbrunn isn't stroking out nor is mountain.  I'll correct this issue in the future.  

13 hours ago, ny92mike said:

IMPORTANT READ

Your feedback is important to me as it allows me to provide you guys with a better mock draft for the following year.  So like every year, I'm reaching out to you all once again.

FEEDBACK FORM - Please complete when you have a few minutes.

I'll compile the data for discussion sometime after the draft phase begins.  

Arizona CardinalsARI@LuckyNumber11 Atlanta FalconsATL @EaglesPeteC  Baltimore RavensBAL@ravens5520 Buffalo BillsBUF @squire12 Carolina PanthersCAR@PR Chicago BearsCHI @BowserBroncos  Cincinnati BengalsCIN@sparky151 Cleveland BrownsCLE@cortes02 Dallas CowboysDAL@D82 Denver BroncosDEN@BowserBroncos@FRock24Detroit LionsDET@winitall Green Bay PackersGB@squire12 Houston TexansHOU@jch1911 Indianapolis ColtsIND@Counselor Jacksonville JaguarsJAC@Trojan Kansas City ChiefsKC@samsel23@TedLavieLos Angeles ChargersLAC@wwhickok Los Angeles RamsLAR@jrry32@yoinesh123Miami DolphinsMIA@mountainpd Minnesota VikingsMIN@MikeT14 New Orleans SaintsNO@whodatOL New England PatriotsNE@Deadpulse New York GiantsNYG@YogiBiz@ny92mikeNew York JetsNYJ@KingOfTheDot Las Vegas RaidersLVR@DTMW78 Philadelphia EaglesPHI@EaglesPeteC Pittsburgh SteelersPIT@Cbrunn San Francisco 49ersSF@Justone2 Seattle SeahawksSEA@Juan7637 Tampa Bay BuccaneersTB @whodatOLTennessee TitansTEN@bcb1213 Washington RedskinsWAS@mike23md

Please provide me with feedback.  

Once the mock draft slows down a bit more we can discuss any additional info and rule changes for the future.

If I get some free time tonight I'll set up the feedback so that we can all review it easier, I was reading through them and I definitely have follow up questions.

Anyway, appreciate the feedback so please continue providing me this important information.