2010s Horror - Official FF BMET (Nominations Closed)

Deadpulse

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The point of the movie was never to scare anyone.  Judging a movie by how well it scares people is as dumb as you think I think you are. 

Stop responding to me.  Your opinion means less to me than literally anything.

No I want to suckle at your movie knowledge teat some more.

Fact is no one cares about what I say and very few care about what you say either so get over yourself maybe.  No one cares.  It is an opinion, mine is different than yours.  Oddly enough you apparently read a lot of opinions that mean nothing to you, strange.

13 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

No I want to suckle at your movie knowledge teat some more.

Fact is no one cares about what I say and very few care about what you say either so get over yourself maybe.  No one cares.  It is an opinion, mine is different than yours.  Oddly enough you apparently read a lot of opinions that mean nothing to you, strange.

I have a problem with people being idiot morons.  When I see someone being an idiot moron, I have this overwhelming desire to tell them that they are an idiot moron.  That’s definitely not the case here, and I’m definitely not calling you an idiot moron, but it’s just a little bit of an explanation as to why I can’t stop responding to people.

And the fact is I do know more than you.  On this subject I’ll always know more than you.  Unfortunately you can’t understand simple concepts when it comes to discussing film.  Things like suspension of disbelief, nuances between BEST and FAVORITE, influence, context, what actually makes a film good or bad or really anything at all.  You’re too self-absorbed to have the capacity or mental wherewithal to actually look at a film objectively, and that’s why your opinion is worth less than nothing.  For example, I hate Citizen Kane. It’s boring as ****.  I love Waterworld.  It’s fun as hell.  Between the two of us, one is capable of differentiating and acknowledging what is good and what is bad in spite of our personal preference, and it sure as **** isn’t you.

So do us both a favor and do Scar a favor and stop responding to me because I can’t help myself from responding to you when you quote me. 

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

Hey @Ozzy and @Outpost31, can y'all just ignore each other through the settings on here? It would make this conversation more enjoyable if y'all weren't arguing with each other. Thanks.

I can’t.  I want to, I just cannot.  I’m sorry.  I know I’m being an ***, but it just bothers me too much when people **** on good movies they didn’t like and vice versa.  You telling me if someone came in here and said Transformers was better than Citizen Kane you could just let that go?  

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

So I think I am going to go with 2+ noms = bid to the polling phase. Here is where we sit:

2010s
It: Chapter 1
Get Out
Bird Box
I Saw The Devil
A Quiet Place
Annihilation
Us
Midsommar
The Conjuring
The Babadook
Insidious
Halloween (2018)
The Witch
The Wailing
Hereditary
Starry Eyes
Train to Busan
Kill List
Susperia
The Killing of the Sacred Deer
It Follows
Happy Death Day
Upgrade
Split
Cabin in the Woods

*Green denotes 2+ nominations

Looks good, and Midsommar got two votes?   Surprising, but to me it is Hereditary by a landslide and it is not even close.  

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

It'll certainly take awhile. I will probably cut rounds short when I can and when it seems like discussion has died down. Originally I was going to do a 3 day nom period and 4 day vote period but I wanted to let it breath to start out. Might switch to the former depending on how things go. 

You are going to have a crap show in these two time periods, you pick just one from both list leaves a crap ton of a great movies that do not even get a chance in the tournament.  Should really just cut out the freaking 2000's all together and put more of these in....

1980's
The Shining
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Aliens
The Evil Dead
Manhunter
Hellraiser
Pet Sematary
Friday the 13th
The Hitcher

1970s
The Exorcist
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Alien
Halloween
Carrie
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Suspira

You could take the entire 2000s, all 20 years and what two could maybe make this list, Hereditary and Paranormal Activity maybe.  And both would be at or near the bottom compared to all of these potentially.  

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I can’t.  I want to, I just cannot.  I’m sorry.  I know I’m being an ***, but it just bothers me too much when people **** on good movies they didn’t like and vice versa.  You telling me if someone came in here and said Transformers was better than Citizen Kane you could just let that go?  

Which Transformers movie?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You could take the entire 2000s, all 20 years and what two could maybe make this list, Hereditary and Paranormal Activity maybe.  And both would be at or near the bottom compared to all of these potentially.  

We cant take out the 2000s, because i need to nominate Black Sheep

black-sheep.jpg

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Wow, I have not seen nearly enough of them to this decade to give a well thought out list. I'll try to post the 10 best ones when I get home. 

Let me know, the thread was white hot but simmered down quick, I may shorten these phases. 

Please post if you plan on watching some flicks to nominate later on. I hope this will push some posters to watch flicks in the polling phase they have never seen for an informed vote. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I mean, I would think they're an idiot, but everyone has different tastes. I prefer to watch Transformers when I need background noise, but Citizen Kane is one of the top 15 greatest films of all time. (I can't rate it higher than some others because I just enjoyed those better).