Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

The main change is that the grades decrease faster the farther down the list you go per position.  That was the issue with the current set up.  This change fixes that.  There will still be some players graded too high or low.  Can't do anything about that at the moment.  This is really just to bring the mid level players cap hits down.

Just now, ny92mike said:

The main change is that the grades decrease faster the farther down the list you go per position.  That was the issue with the current set up.  This change fixes that.  There will still be some players graded too high or low.  Can't do anything about that at the moment.  This is really just to bring the mid level players cap hits down.

i think if you can do it for d line, that would be good.  I don't think the rest of the posttions are too far out of whack.  Just my opinion though

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

i think if you can do it for d line, that would be good.  I don't think the rest of the posttions are too far out of whack.  Just my opinion though

Right obviously the IDL was too high across the board, but when looking at the data the entire defense was not right.  Figured I'd just fix it all at once.

I'm also looking at changing the contract lengths with this update.  Just looking to do something simple just to get us through the mock.  

If it's showing 2 years bump it up to 3, etc.  So with the decrease happening it should keep at least 2 years on most of the players after this next decrease.  Will double check that is happening of course.

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Yeah, the DL is where it's the wackiest.  I expected to sign Mario Edwards for a little more than the vet minimum, and his APY is 12.9 mil.

I was just gonna wait, but if it's an easy problem to fix, that seems to be the only position where it's nuts.

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Pushing this update out after this round I don't think it's giving anyone a leg up.  Unless I'm missing something.

it does somewhat impact any team that acquired a higher priced defender in the first few rounds that were needing a higher APY to acquire them.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

it does somewhat impact any team that acquired a higher priced defender in the first few rounds that were needing a higher APY to acquire them.  

I get that but that was on them to bid that amount.  I know when I was looking to find a IDL I passed because the values were out of my range. 

I figured this update would make everyone happy.

Just now, ny92mike said:

I get that but that was on them to bid that amount.  I know when I was looking to find a IDL I passed because the values were out of my range. 

I figured this update would make everyone happy.

This adjustment doesn't really affect the high graded players it just brings all the mid to low level players into a more realistic apy range.

Be advised when this current FA bidding round is completed.  I'm going to be making some changes to the APY values for defensive players to bring them more inline with realistic APY values.

Expect the mid to low level talent to see a significant decrease in APY values.  You can view these future changes in the Free Agent workbook sheet15.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15eLbOcSk4Z_rnKfOInr5jsXBYQ1KnjlrVtxld1or5WQ/edit#gid=1322619522

Just wanted to make you guys aware of these changes should it change your game planning for this round of bidding.

Team GM Tags

Arizona Cardinals - @LuckyNumber11
Atlanta Falcons - @ovfd55
Baltimore Ravens - @Justone2
Buffalo Bills -
@downundermike
Carolina Panthers - @MikeT14
Chicago Bears - @squire12
Cincinnati Bengals - @sparky151
Cleveland Browns - @cortes02
Dallas Cowboys - @JetsandI
Denver Broncos -