Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

FA BIDDING ROUND 5 RESULTS

I'll wait a little bit before updating the free agency to make sure no errors.

I need @Trojan & @NYRaider to submit new bids for Justin Pugh.  You've got until this time tomorrow to let me know when you have it completed.  Please post in the league office thread when done.

Thanks.

Team GM Tags

Arizona Cardinals - @LuckyNumber11
Atlanta Falcons - @ovfd55
Baltimore Ravens - @Justone2
Buffalo Bills -
@downundermike & @Iggles25
Carolina Panthers - @MikeT14
Chicago Bears - @squire12
Cincinnati Bengals - @sparky151
Cleveland Browns - @cortes02
Dallas Cowboys - @JetsandI
Denver Broncos - 
@BowserBroncos 
Detroit Lions - @winitall
Green Bay Packers - 
@Ghostnote
Houston Texans - @jch1911
Indianapolis Colts - @RTTRUTH
Jacksonville Jaguars - @Trojan
Kansas City Chiefs - @RedGold
Las Vegas Raiders - @NYRaider & @Humble_Beast
Los Angeles Chargers - @whodatOL
Los Angeles Rams - @Freebirdsrams
Miami Dolphins - @mountainpd
Minnesota Vikings - @KingOfNewYork
New England Patriots - @Deadpulse
New Orleans Saints - @whodatOL
New York Giants - @YogiBiz
New York Jets - @bcb1213
Philadelphia Eagles - @EaglesPeteC
Pittsburgh Steelers - @Cbrunn
San Francisco 49ers - @Forge
Seattle Seahawks - @DTMW78
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - @BucsDraftGeek47
Tennessee Titans - @Daniel & @SerenityNow
Washington Commanders - @MKnight82

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

@RTTRUTH I noticed you are having issues with a restructured player.  Give me a little bit and I'll take a look to see if I can figure out what is going on with it.

Thanks

Curious if you're talking about Buckner. I got him done and saved a few bucks. That was like a week ago. 

Most guys I can't restructure because they want close to double APY what they currently make, so no way to save cap there. But my real issue is whatever is up with the Ryan Kelly extension. I swear it went from a savings of $2.5-$3 Million a couple nights ago to being a negative savings of -$3.825M now. Why I could not say.

Just now, RTTRUTH said:

Curious if you're talking about Buckner. I got him done and saved a few bucks. That was like a week ago. 

Most guys I can't restructure because they want close to double APY what they currently make, so no way to save cap there. But my real issue is whatever is up with the Ryan Kelly extension. I swear it went from a savings of $2.5-$3 Million a couple nights ago to being a negative savings of -$3.825M now. Why I could not say.

Not sure man, I just glanced at what you posted earlier here.  Just wanted to let you know I'll look at it shortly.  Been running all day need a break to unwind.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

FA BIDDING ROUND 5 RESULTS

I'll wait a little bit before updating the free agency to make sure no errors.

I need @Trojan & @NYRaider to submit new bids for Justin Pugh.  You've got until this time tomorrow to let me know when you have it completed.  Please post in the league office thread when done.

Thanks.

Jaguars withdraw bid on Pugh if I tied or whatever it's all good. I put it to a minimum on someone to stop doubling up on Keenan Allen trying to scare teams thinking multiple teams were bidding on him.

4 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Looks like I did the extension already.  So once I do that in the rosters the extension sheet is going to look off because of the new values in the roster sheets.  

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

Is the Ben Nieman award correct? If you offer more years at a lower APY, you win over a shorter deal with higher APY?

With only a 2 year deal year 2 wouldn’t be discounted that much.  So the 2 year deal probably had a higher NPV.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Jaguars withdraw bid on Pugh if I tied or whatever it's all good. I put it to a minimum on someone to stop doubling up on Keenan Allen trying to scare teams thinking multiple teams were bidding on him.

Ok well that makes it easy.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

With only a 2 year deal year 2 wouldn’t be discounted that much.  So the 2 year deal probably had a higher NPV.

I don't think his agent would tell him 2 years at 1,250,000 with no signing bonus is better than 1 year at 1,745,558 with a 165,555 signing bonus. It amounts to playing the second year for less than vet min. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

So does @RTTRUTH just need to clear the bid sheet to fix his cap space issue ??

That's what it sounds like to me.  If he's still looking at the extension sheet thinking the numbers should look the same as yesterday then yes that's all it is.  The extension has been updated in the rosters so the values won't look the same.    

Not to be rude or sound like I don't care, I just need about an hour to unwind.  Been running all day and need a bit to settle in for the night.

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

I don't think his agent would tell him 2 years at 1,250,000 with no signing bonus is better than 1 year at 1,745,558 with a 165,555 signing bonus. It amounts to playing the second year for less than vet min. 

If the second year was guaranteed I'd agree.