Survivor: WINNER ANNOUNCED ON PAGE 458

MacReady

5 minutes ago, Tyty said:

@domepatrol91if you gotta sit someone out sit me out. I don’t really understand the game at first glance and I’ll be working 12 hrs tomorrow and 10 hrs Sunday so I’d be doing my best gmen impersonation 

out o likes

tag me later and I gotchu.

Save a link to this post tho or cause im not going back for nothin

12 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Horizons doing a great job. But since he said he won’t be doing movie challenges anymore I really hope he makes more and just sends them to my inbox as a non graded assignment 

Thank you, and I think I'm going to do something like this in the entertainment forum.  @MathMan made a challenge like this in the first Big Brother game I played and I loved it.  I love writing those types of trivia things, and I love playing in them, but they just don't fit the Survivor/Big Brother games as. Regular part of the game because such a small percentage of players know enough about movies to play in them, so it's not fair to everyone.  

I was thinking about doing another The Thing type game next, but I think I might just go with this idea instead in the entertainment forum, so keep an eye out for that during the regular season of football.

19 minutes ago, Tyty said:

@domepatrol91if you gotta sit someone out sit me out. I don’t really understand the game at first glance and I’ll be working 12 hrs tomorrow and 10 hrs Sunday so I’d be doing my best gmen impersonation 

Only Sensual Centaurs get to sit someone out for this challenge, so you'll have to submit.  I'd be happy to help you understand the challenge more if you are confused by it.

4 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No working with your tribe on this challenge.  Not in thread, not in PMs, not in Chatty.  This challenge is up to each individual participating.  Tribes that have someone sitting out can discuss who to sit out, but ABSOLUTELY ZERO STRATEGIZING WITH EACH OTHER ABOUT THIS CHALLENGE!!!

Jokes will receive punishments.  Serious attempts at strategizing together will receive harsher punishments!

Each tribe had a hoop, a ball and totem poles delivered to their tribe.  Want to know about those loopholes I mentioned?  Everybody  missed one.  If anybody had tried practicing with them (by PMing me that they want to practice), they would have received a bonus.  Nobody did.  Therefore, the bonuses are set.

Mathman won for his tribe 3 extra minutes of practice time.  Each player on Sensual Centaurs gets 3 extra percent.

Tribe Smug won a small bonus.  They got 2 extra minutes of practice.

TyTy gave a minus to Tribe Smug.  Tribe Smug loses both the bonus minutes they received.

For this challenge, tribes will line up against other tribes.  They will stand on balance beams in front of a hoop.  The object of the game is to score hoops, defend your opponent from scoring hoops, and to maintain your balance on your totem.  We will have five rounds per matchup.  The tribes with the most points or players still on their beam are safe.  The two with the least will face off against each other.  The loser of that matchup will go to Tribal Council.

BALANCE - 10%

OFFENSE - 10%

DEFENSE - 10%

Each player has 75% to add to these categories, with base percentages of 10%.  You may add as much or as little to each as you want.  The 75 minutes (percent) are in addition to the base percentages.

One by one, you will take a shot at your opponent's hoop.  Your chance will be the percent of your OFFENSE.  If you shoot what would be a successful attempt, your opponent has THEIR defense percent to block the shot.  Every player automatically defends, but with each defense, they have a chance at falling off their pole.  For example, if their balance was 80, they would have a 20 percent chance of falling off their totem pole.  If a player falls off, they will not be able to take shots, and they will not be able to defend successful shots.  

How it works is in Chatty, I will roll a 100-sided dice, and the roll will correspond to the percentage.

Tribes square off until two tribes are safe and two lose.  The two that lose play to determine who goes to Tribal.  

In case of confusion, this challenge is not LIVE until I get home tonight and have a chance to clear up any confusion.  Please ask all questions about this challenge IN THREAD as soon as you can, and I will answer the questions IN thread, then post an updated and official Challenge description.

Deadline to Submit is 11 PM CST Sunday. 

@Hockey5djh will sit out for Sensual Centaurs. 

1. @MathMan
2. @EliteTexan80
3. @SovereignNazgul
4. @LetTheBallFly
5. @Famous Jameis
6. @gopherwrestler
7. @MookieMonster
8. @bcb1213
9. @domepatrol91
10. @mission27
11. @jfinley88
12. @Adrenaline_Flux
13. @TedLavie
14. @Gmen4ev
15. @Tyty
16. @theuntouchable
18. @Whicker
20. @Dwight_Schrute
21. @Ragnarok
22. @utley4568
23. @iPwn
24. @11sanchez11
26. @Shady Slim
27. @swoosh

There is literally now way I'm going to both read and understand this.

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I got Sira removed.  Numbers are screwed up, but I can live with that for now.  Don't know how I did it though, so not pleased with that.  Thanks for the help.

You're not getting rid of me that easily!

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

Do you want us to send 5 rounds with different percentages? Or are our percentages set for all 5 rounds?

Also, if we fall off are we done, or just done for that round?

@HorizontoZenith

Same percentage for every single round.  If you fall off, you are done for the matchup with that tribe. 

4 hours ago, mission27 said:

Yes pls

@Tyty

Tribe One - Player 1, player 2, Player 3, Player 4, Player 5, Player 6
Tribe Two - Player 1, player 2, Player 3, Player 4, Player 5, Player 6

Tribe One, Player 1 tries to shoot the ball through Tribe Two, Player One's hoop.  Depending on what their OFFENSE rating percent is, they will shoot what would be a successful shot.  If they shoot a successful shot, Player 1 on Tribe Two will have his DEFENSE percent chance at blocking.  If Tribe Two Player one does not block, Tribe One Player 1 scores a point. 

Every time your opponent shoots, even if it's a failed attempt, the opposite player DEFENDS.  With every DEFENSE, they have to maintain BALANCE.  If they fall off because their BALANCE is too low, they are out for that matchup. 

The two tribes with the most points/players left on their beams are safe.  The two tribes with the least points/players on their beams face off to determine a loser. 

I will hold a mock matchup on Chatty.

@stallyns, @SirA1, it is time for Redemption Island. 

Sira selected Paper, Rock, Scissors. 

Sira - Paper     Stallyns - Paper
Sira - Scissors  Stallyns - Scissors

Sira - Rock        Stallyns - Scissors
Sira - Scissors       Stallyns - Paper
Sira - Rock      Stallyns - Rock
Sira - Paper      Stallyns - Rock

Sira remains on Redemption Island! 

Stallyns, thank you for playing.  If you want to help out with challenges by taking a sneak peak look at them, please let me know.