Marvel Mafia - The game is over, the Sinister Six have conquered Earth!

rackcs

Just now, Matts4313 said:

^^^ Counselor. 

Orca had a post like that as well, but I cant find it. IIRC he said something like "Danger left the game because Matts using a PM Game"

Also, Danger literally called out what I did as a PM game

@SwAg => it was brought up plenty of times. 

Lmao. I was insinuating he left because he was partners with Counselor who was green and blew it opening the game saying he was green/black...which was still xD

17 minutes ago, Dome said:

Squires civ game is easy as hell to spot btw. I don’t think I’ve ever been wrong once Ive called it out in thread

His mislynch was egregious 

15 minutes ago, SwAg said:

tbh, I don’t know how squire was lynched either.

He was only lynched because @Counselor was going to motivate me and it was an auto-win.

And then I didnt get motivated.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

^^^ Counselor. 

Orca had a post like that as well, but I cant find it. IIRC he said something like "Danger left the game because Matts using a PM Game"

Also, Danger literally called out what I did as a PM game

@SwAg => it was brought up plenty of times. 

And I defended it as not a PM Game, just a scum tactic.  When you started your PM Game with a Malfatron, I warned you to stop, joked not to tag Danger because this is actually the PM Game, and explained why it’s a PM Game.

But whatever, if you’re so caught up on “no one,” then go with “mostly everyone was referring to the Malfatron PM Game.”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

Seriously, how did you think it was going to look when you started declaring yourself the person who caught Mission after a week-long campaign by me on how you’re avoiding mission.

That I did exactly what I said during a week-long argument with you that I didnt care about lynching Missions and I would do it after we killed you?

Which literally every person alive understood aside from the one crucial person I needed to win the game.

@ET80

Welcome ET80! You are...

Captain America, Avengers-Aligned

You are the original superhero. Growing up as a tiny kid from Brooklyn who wanted to serve his country, who ever would’ve thought this is how you’d end up? After being given the super serum, you now are stronger, faster, and more durable than any normal man. Because of this super serum, your vote counts for 2. You are also the face of the Avengers and so Earth will never lose hope as long as you’re around.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to Earth.

Night Action: None

Communicate With: Nobody

ET, you played a heck of a game. You were one of the better players when it came to sifting through the BS. Your double vote would have been invaluable in LyLo there at the end but alas you got Dongo'd. Either way you played a good game, you were smart with your votes which is the best thing for a double voter to be. One thing I will note is that early on you were approaching things under the assumption that I had given you and other players the role they wanted but the truth is that you just got lucky and ended up with Cap.

@Pickle Rick

Welcome Pickle Rick! You are...

Iron Man, Avengers-Aligned

You are Tony Stark. Billionaire playboy, alcoholic, absolute genius. Your Iron Man suit has given you a new purpose and made you less selfish. Your main goal now is to save and protect the people of Earth. Every night you will choose one person. If that person is targeted for a kill, you will swoop in and heal them using your technology.

Night Action: Heal (Player X)

Pickle, your game was...not so great. In thread you were all over the place. You named like half of the game as scum at some point or another and then when some of them came up scum you pounded your chest about how great you were. In the mean time you never came up with any case on any of them or even really tried to get them lynched beyond saying that some of them voted for you. Out of thread, your night actions were mind-bogglingly bad. You protected yourself up to Night 5 even though no scum was ever going to hit you. Your inability to protect anyone of actual value led to the town investigator dying. One thing I don't agree with is protectors protecting themselves unless maybe it's night 1 and you're a player likely to get hit night 1. Otherwise you're just being selfish, especially if you aren't adding anything to the thread itself. For those reasons, you earned LVP.

@DingoLadd

Welcome DingoLadd! You are...

The Hulk, Avengers-Aligned

You are Bruce Banner, a truly troubled soul. Caught between the cunning genius of your human form and the brute animal strength of your Hulk form, life can be tough. Lately you’ve been having a harder and harder time keeping the Hulk under control. As a result, you’ve been desperately trying to keep yourself calm. If you were to be lynched at any point in the game, well, they won’t like you when you’re angry.

I didn't think you played a bad game necessarily but it definitely wasn't a good one either. You honestly stayed pretty far under the radar the whole game. I'm not sure I agreed with your strategy of giving yourself up to be lynched, at least not that late in the game. If you do it earlier in the game when it requires like 10+ people to vote you, you're probably going to have some scum on your lynch train that you can potentially hit. Unfortunately when you got lynched the only people on there were town. It's especially unfortunate that you hit the town double voter who is crucial in the end game.

@Malfatron

Welcome Malfatron! You are...

Thor, Avengers-Aligned

You are Thor, Norse god of thunder. You are a powerful being in your own right but recently you have come into possession of the Reality Stone, which has only made you stronger. Each night you will use the reality stone to change a person’s target. They may be trying to target one person but you will show them who you want them to see.

Night Action: Redirect (Player X) to (Player Y)

Malf, what a game you had. You were running away with MVP from practically the get go. You redirected the SK into the cult leader and the town vig into scum all on Night 2. That's ******* impressive. Your thread play seemed erratic to me at times because you jump your vote around so much, but in the end your thought processes seemed to start to make sense to me. In the end you didn't get the win but you played better than just about anyone else in the game. If Dome hadn't pulled off the win I was giving you MVP despite not even being town.

@theuntouchable

Welcome theuntouchable! You are...

Black Widow, Avengers-Aligned

You have a pretty checkered and mysterious past but it’s no secret what you’re up to now. You fight for the Avengers and save the Earth from any threats. Unfortunately, you’ve recently been trying to be a better person and so you’ve sworn off killing people. However that doesn’t mean you can’t still help. Each night you will use your stealth skills to sneak into someone’s home and gain a clue as to their identity.

Night Action: Investigate (Player X)’s home

Touch, you had a pretty solid game. Your role was pretty tough for someone who doesn't seem to know the source material very well but you did a pretty solid job of picking up on everything anyways, even my extremely phoned in Scarlet Witch item description. Your role was more to call people on counter claims and you never really got a chance to do that unfortunately. Your thread play was good though and your scumdar was on point.

@The LBC

Welcome The LBC! You are...

Hawkeye, Avengers-Aligned

Some people may think you’re lame but you know better. You have a variety of skills that few on this planet possess and you make good use of them as well. You have eyes like, well, a hawk and that comes in handy. Each night you will choose a target and post up outside of their house watching for anybody who comes to visit that person.

Night Action: Watch (Player X)’s home

LBC, it's a shame you died night 2 because I like the way you play. You were playing catch up a lot early in the game but I thought you were pretty insightful and noticed things other didn't. I think scum noticed this too since they killed you so early. Not much else to say unfortunately but I hope to see you play some more and hopefully live longer.

@11sanchez11

Welcome 11sanchez11! You are...

Nick Fury, Avengers-Aligned

Without you, the Avengers wouldn’t exist. You are a grizzled veteran and you’ve seen threats that most people aren’t even aware of. This current battle against the Sinister Six is one of the toughest ones you’ve faced and you’re determined to protect Earth. Each night you will take a player to SHIELD’s secret jail facility. This will protect them from any night actions but will also stop them from using their ability.

Night Action: Jail (Player X)

Also not much to say about you sanchez, dying Day 1 and all. It's just the consequence of being a non-frequent poster on a deadline day 1. Hope to see you play again though.

@kingseanjohn

Welcome kingseanjohn! You are...

Spiderman, Avengers-Aligned

You are the friendly neighborhood Spiderman! Born Peter Parker of Queens, you were given amazing abilities by a radioactive spider and now fight to protect people. While you like to stick to protecting your neighborhood, the current threat of the Sinister Six is too great and you need to get out there and help the Avengers. Each night you can web someone up and stop them from performing a night action.

Night Action: Web up (Player X)

I didn't really think the case on you was super strong and think there were probably better lynches to be had day 2 but it happens. You were another victim of just laying low and getting lynched early for it.

@Matts4313

Welcome Matts4313! You are...

Black Panther, Avengers-Aligned

The latest in a long and celebrated line of Black Panthers, you are the first to open yourself up to the rest of the world. As such, you are helping the Avengers now. You have a number of special abilities you can use to help them win. You may only use each ability once until you’ve completed a cycle.

• Black Panther Knowledge: Use your knowledge and ask your ancestors to lie detect a post for you
  • Black Panther Speed: Use your speed to keep up with and track any player in the game
  • Black Panther Strength: Use your strength to restrain someone, stopping them from using their ability
  • Black Panther Stamina: Use your stamina to help someone complete their action more than once
  • Black Panther Sense: Use your heightened senses to help protect someone from kills

Night Action: Lie Detect (Post #), Track/Roleblock/Motivate/Protect (Player X)

So Matts, you earned JVP, named after poster JoeLegend from the old Walter Football forums. As Ragnarok so eloquently put it: LVP is for the person most detrimental to their team. JVP is for the person who makes you want to weep for the human race the most. It all started with you playing the PM game on Day 1 and claiming early. You claimed later on that you were ok with those decisions because they at least sparked discussions and got reactions but the only people you really drew out as suspects were other town. Scum used the chaos you created to continue to lay low. Your arguments were often illogical and random. You tunneled on Swag but then when you got him lynched you suddenly started trying to push his arguments as your own i.e. mission. I also asked you to send in only one move in case Counselor didn't motivate and you used that to go in thread and push for Counselor to motivate you. I didn't appreciate that at all and it's why I didn't bother responding to your questions anymore in PMs. You were also rude and combative to other players constantly than accused others of being that way. The final piece of the JVP puzzle was self hammering in LyLo, a moment that will live in mafia infamy. You can call it bush league but I'd established earlier that a bolded name in thread was a vote and I wasn't going to ignore that simply because it was end game.

@Tk3

Welcome Tk3! You are...

Dr. Strange, Avengers-Aligned

Once an arrogant doctor you have been humbled. As a part of this humbling journey, you have gained power over the mystic and magical artists and have been named Earth’s Sorcerer Supreme. You have also gained possession of the Time Stone, which has given you power over time. Using this power is a great responsibility and you don’t take it lightly. Once during the game, during a night phase, you may revert the previous day phase. You must post in the thread in bold, large text “Avengers, I’ve come to bargain.” This will cancel the current night phase and take us back to that day phase, reviving the lynched player.

I definitely screwed up with your role by missing your post during a night phase. I had just woken up at the time night was supposed to end so I was hurriedly trying to get everything done and didn't full catch up. By the time I realized my mistake we were already two more phases down and two scum were dead. I think I made up for it by giving you a full blow revive rather than just having the ability to revert a day phase. Overall you laid low for much of the game which made sense with your role and you were pretty solid in thread towards the end. The only thing I'll ding you on is the Swag thing. I think lynching indy's is kind of a lazy lynch when there is scum still about. Some disagree so it's not too big of a deal but that's one of my only real complaints there.

@Counselor

Welcome Counselor! You are...

Captain Marvel, Avengers-Aligned

You are one of, if not the strongest heroes in the entire Marvel universe. You don’t always help with Earth’s problems because you have your own stuff going on in space, but the Sinister Six are mighty foes and the Avengers are going to need your help with this one. Each night you may choose a player and you will use your powers to double their ability.

Night Action: Motivate (Player X)

You honestly played a pretty good game Counselor. You used your role well throughout the game and despite voting for Matts at the end, you did a good job in thread as well. Two notes: stop threatening to modkill yourself for one lol and secondly, try to be less emotional with your votes. Sometimes you just need to slow down and think things through. 

@Forge

Welcome Forge! You are...

Ant Man, Avengers-Aligned

You are Scott Lang: former burglar, current superhero. Ever since becoming Ant Man your life has drastically changed for the better. You feel like a new man and it’s all thanks to the Avengers. With this new threat of the Sinister Six looming, you’re more determined than ever to play your part. Every night you can shrink down and jump onto someone. That night you will find out whom they visited.

Night Action: Track (Player X)

You probably had one of the better town games out there Forge. Besides Malf I'd maybe even say you were the best town player? There's a couple of people close for that spot so it's not a given but you're up there this game. You may not be a leader out there, picking up on every little thing and leading lynches but you do a good job of sorting through the bs and making sense of the information presented to you. It may not sound like much but it's a skill many are lacking. You did well with your ability too, making smart moves with your tracking and even catching TKN. It sucks that I had to modkill you but posting your results before the night writeup is a pretty serious infractions and you can't really give warnings for that stuff.

@Utley

Welcome Utley! You are...

Mr. Fantastic, Avengers-Aligned

You have decided to team up with the Avengers to help take out the Sinister Six. They are one of the greatest threats the Earth has ever faced and this was your only option. You have your smarts obviously but your stretching ability will come in handle as well. Each night you will choose one person to protect. Any night actions targeting this person will be deflected away by your body. Most abilities won’t affect you but watch out for those that do.

Night Action: Protect (Player X)

You were dealt kind of a bad hand here having to replace Danger partway through with all of the baggage that that entailed. I felt like you did a good job of handling the pressure though. You weren't super active but played fairly well in thread. With your ability I didn't like how you protected yourself Night 2 but you more than made up for it by sacrificing yourself for Malf the next night. I really enjoyed you playing and I hope you join us again.

@MD4L

Welcome MD4L! You are...

Professor X, Avengers-Aligned

You are the leader of the X-Men and one of the most powerful mutants alive. As such, you play a crucial role in the Avengers current mission to defeat the Sinister Six. Stepping away from the X-Men temporarily to help, you will use your incredible abilities to read people’s minds. Every night you will find out someone’s alignment.

Night Action: Investigate (Player X)

You did a good job of lying low with your ability. Even when you caught scum (good job by the way) you didn't outright claim, you just pushed him and soft claimed your result. It is a shame you were not protected but either way it was a solid game for you cut too short.

@squire12

Welcome squire12! You are...

Wolverine, Avengers-Aligned

You have been around way longer than any of these other jabronis. You’ve seen it all and you’ve been through a lot but even you have to admit that the Sinister Six are a formidable opponent. It’s going to take all you’ve got to help the Avengers defeat them. You have decided that you’ll do whatever it takes to protect the people of Earth. Twice during the game, during the night phase, you will choose a person to kill.

Night Action: Kill (Player X)

Great game from you squire truly. Your thread play was on the down low but your two hit targets were literally right on point. You tried to kill TKN Night 2 but were redirected to Orca. Then Night 3 you killed Mwil. Doesn't get much better than that. Some may disagree with using your kills early on but after getting outed by Malf you pretty much had to use the second one early. Good game man.

@mission27

Welcome mission27! You are...

Rocket Raccoon, Avengers-Aligned

You may not be the most famous Guardian of the Galaxy but you’re certainly the fluffiest. Don’t let anyone mistake you as harmless and adorable though. You’re a cold-blooded killer. You also like…collecting things that aren’t exactly yours. To help defeat the Sinister Six, you will be stealing people’s abilities. Starting night 1 you will PM me a name of a player whose ability you want to steal. On the next night you can choose to use that ability as a one shot or steal another one. If you use the ability you can start the cycle over again the next night.

Night Action: Steal from (Player X)

I will definitely say that you greatly amused me throughout the game. You really didn't contribute much in thread but once you were converted the laying low actually worked in your favor. You inconsistently used your ability, just really random all over the place. In the end it worked for the most part. 

@Whicker

Welcome Whicker! You are...

Red Skull, Sinister Six-Aligned

Captain America and the Avengers have been a thorn in your side for many years now and you’ve had it with them. Luckily, Norman Osborn recently approached you and four others about teaming up once and for all to take down the Avengers. You’re all in. You’re leaving Vormir and taking the Soul Stone with you. This stone allows you to see into someone’s very soul and find out their identity.

Win Condition: The Sinister Six must outnumber all heroes. Your combined nemeses must also be dead.

Night Action: Investigate (Player X)

Communicate With: TheKillerNacho, Forge, The Orca, Dome

Whicker, it's a shame that they voted without letting you speak but that's just how it goes sometimes. MD4L had a full blown investigation result on you as Sinister Six so it is what it is. Otherwise I thought you were doing a good job of laying low and contributing in scumchat. Your role investigation of Dongo was really valuable when that lynch happened because it allowed Dome to hold off on voting for him, saving him from death.

@TheKillerNacho

Welcome TheKillerNacho! You are...

Green Goblin, Sinister Six-Aligned

You are one of the most feared and most respected individuals on Earth. However, the Avengers have joined Spiderman in coming after you lately and you were starting to feel the heat. You don’t like this and have decided to look elsewhere for new members for the Sinister Six. You have found five other like-minded individuals ready to take down the Avengers. Each night you can take on your Green Goblin persona and throw a pumpkin bomb at someone. This will mean they only need half the normal amount of votes to be lynched. They will not be aware of this fact.

Win Condition: The Sinister Six must outnumber all heroes. Your combined nemeses must also be dead.

Night Action: Bomb (Player X)

Communicate With: Whicker, Forge, The Orca, Dome

It sucks that you got caught killing by Forge because I think your inactivity was actually working well for you. It was helping you lie low. In the end though you got caught. It's also a shame that your ability was only able to be useful once and it was because you were redirected to yourself. 

@MWil23

Welcome Mwil23! You are...

Ultron, Sinister Six-Aligned

You were created by Iron Man to do good things but instead you broke bad. Now Norman Osborn has approached you about taking out Stark and the Avengers finally and you agreed to help. Especially since you have the incredible powers of the Mind Stone to help you. Each night you can use it to manipulate someone’s mind into targeting who you want them to, redirecting them away from their original target.

Night Action: Redirector (Player X)

Communicate With: Whicker, TheKillerNacho, The Orca, Dome

You played a solid game Mwil and I think your comments in the scumchat were dead on. You weren't able to fully commit because of the outside stuff which led to you being a bit more aggressive, which drew some unwanted attention. Even then you did a good job staying in chat and helping out Dome, talking him down when he was on the edge a couple of times lol

@The Orca

Welcome The Orca! You are...

Doctor Doom, Sinister Six-Aligned

You have always hated Mr. Fantastic. He always outshines you no matter what the challenge but you know you still have the superior intellect. When Norman Osborne approached you about teaming up to take out these heroes, you joined immediately. Each night you will use your electrically charged suit to knock someone out, preventing them from completing their night action.

Night Action: Roleblock (Player X)

Communicate With: Whicker, TheKillerNacho, Forge, Dome

You caught a lot of attention from people early on and were killed early. It happens but definitely you might want to rethink the way you played early to try to ensure it doesn't happen again.

@Dome

Welcome Dome! You are...

Magneto, Sinister Six-Aligned

You were first persecuted as a Jew in Nazi Germany. After living through that, you were later persecuted for your mutant abilities. You finally had enough and lashed out against those who looked down on you. Unfortunately, over the years Professor X has thwarted your many schemes. Norman Osborn approached you about forming a new team and taking down all heroes forever. This sounds good to you. Each night you will choose between three options for you or your teammates:

• Flight: Makes you or your teammate lynch immune the next day phase
  • Magnetic Force Field: Prevents you or your teammate from being killed that night
  • Helmet: Prevents you or your teammates from being investigated

Night Action: Lynch/Kill/Investigation Immunity

Communicate With: Whicker, TheKillerNacho, Forge, The Orca

What a game Dome. Let's get it out of the way that you get MVP. You were down and out, all alone as scum pretty early on. You just keep trucking. I questioned your decision to stick to your fake claim and not troll them as lynch proof but it paid off in the end. You also probably could've gotten some extra hits in late in the game instead of going lynch proof but I get the safe play. Those days where Swag and mission were lynched it felt pretty clear you wouldn't go down. In the end though I can't fault you and congrats on pulling that off.

@bcb1213

Welcome bcb1213! You are...

Queen Veranke, Skrull-Aligned

You warned King Dorrek VII that the Skrull Empire was doomed but he refused to listen. Now the Skrull home world has been destroyed at the hands of Galactus himself. You will not give up. You have set your sights on a new planet, Earth. That is the home the Skrulls deserve and you will take it. One year ago, you killed Scarlet Witch and disguised yourself as her. If anyone looks at you, they will only see her, an Avenger. Each night you will target a player and beat them down, silencing them for the next day phase. There is also a chance that you kill them and replace their identity with a Skrull. You will not rest until the Skrulls are hidden among the humans and outnumber them.

Win Condition: The Skrulls must outnumber all heroes.

Night Action: Target (Player X)

Hidden stuff: 25% chance of recruiting, 75% chance of silencing

If you died, your recruits who remained undercover long enough would gain their own one-shot recruitment.

It sucks that you died so early because I was looking forward to the havoc your role would bring both as recruiter and silencer. In the end I get the mission decision but I think it did bite you a bit since he inconsistently used his ability. Maybe someone else wouldn't have laid low long enough for it to matter and been lynched earlier but still. Not much else to say unfortunately as you died so soon.

@Ragnarok

Welcome Ragnarok! You are...

Thanos, Balance-Aligned

You have failed at your task of restoring balance to the universe many times but this time you feel like you cannot fail. You must collect all of the infinity stones and halve the population of the universe. The Infinity Stones are all held by characters who have held the stones before. When a character with an infinity stone dies, you will take it from there. You already have the Power Stone, so there’s only five stones to go. Each night you can choose to use the stone you have to kill someone.

Win Condition: You must survive to see half of the population snapped.

Night Action: Snap (Player X)

I was most disappointed in you dying so soon in the game. I desperately wanted you to gather all of the stones and snap half the game out of existence. Just to emphasize: I really, really wanted that to happen. Oh well, c'est la vie. I will say that I kind of left you an out to not use your move and basically play the survival game if you wanted because you didn't even actually need to kill the people to gain their stone but I can't blame you for going the aggressive route.

@SwAg

Welcome SwAg! You are...

Loki, Loki-Aligned

Despite being Thor’s brother, you do not share his sense of duty and morality. You may have dabbled with it in the past but you are no do-gooder. You’re only looking out for numero uno. All you want to do is survive past all of this Sinister Six madness. To that end, you have reacquired the Space Stone. This gives you a variety of abilities designed to keep you alive and ticking throughout this nonsense. You can use each of these abilities twice:

• Use the stone to teleport behind a player so any actions against you will affect them instead
  • Use the stone to weaken all players so that it takes only 50% of the votes needed to lynch somebody
  • Use the stone to alter your appearance, making you appear as an Avenger that night

And each of these abilities once:

• Use the stone to create an explosion that will end the current day phase early
  • Use the stone to bring everyone to a new dimension, skipping that night phase
  • Use the stone to create a thick fog, requiring a blind vote for the next day phase
  • Use the stone to warp the fabric of space and remove the time limit from the day phase
  • Use the stone to put three players on the chopping block, making them the only possible lynches for the day
  • Use the stone to weaken players so they can only vote once during that day phase

Win Condition: You must survive to the end of the game.

Night Action: Use the stone to (Ability X)

You did some fun stuff like skipping the one night phase and putting three guys on the chopping block but I wish you'd done more. I get why you didn't because you were trying to play for town so they would let you live but still. You almost made it, getting a lot farther than I thought you might. Your thread play was great but you gotta keep things more concise for people. As a narcissist, clearly you're smarter than everyone else but you have to be more persuasive and not just hope that your logic will carry you through. It's unfortunate but it's true.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of this being said, I hope you all enjoyed the game. I said I was hoping for a **** show and you guys certainly delivered. It was a lot of fun for me hosting it and I hope it was fun for you guys to play it. Once again congrats to Dome and the whole Sinister Six crew, helluva win guys.

• Like 9

The optics of it are the same.  The only reason squire and tk3 didn’t buy it is because they seemingly didn’t read it until after the game when I spelled it out in points 1-15.  Then, they didn’t even fault the process, just said “lol well it was wrong” and “well, Mission woulda flipped Civ and lynched you anyway.”

Face it: you miscalculated, and failed.