Marvel Mafia - The game is over, the Sinister Six have conquered Earth!

rackcs

5 minutes ago, rackcs said:

One thing I will note is that early on you were approaching things under the assumption that I had given you and other players the role they wanted but the truth is that you just got lucky and ended up with Cap.

Yeah, I have zero clue why I did that. I was sold on it too. O.o

The game and the post game write ups are awesome, you're really one of the better hosts - might have to keep eyes on your games, might come out of retirement for them. 

6 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I also asked you to send in only one move in case Counselor didn't motivate and you used that to go in thread and push for Counselor to motivate you.

I had asked him like 10 times up to that point to motivate me. When you said the "give me one vote" all I said in thread was "Counselor, you here bro"? 

But I get your overall point and your write up is fair. 

Good game. 

Tbh, rack, I’m surprised you didn’t tell me how badly I ****ed up with my early day phase end.  I win without being impatient.  So, since no one else is going to say it, I’ll go ahead and broadcast that even I completely **** up and faceplant into the concrete on occasion.

10 minutes ago, rackcs said:

@ET80

ET, you played a heck of a game. You were one of the better players when it came to sifting through the BS. Your double vote would have been invaluable in LyLo there at the end but alas you got Dongo'd. Either way you played a good game, you were smart with your votes which is the best thing for a double voter to be. One thing I will note is that early on you were approaching things under the assumption that I had given you and other players the role they wanted but the truth is that you just got lucky and ended up with Cap.

@Pickle Rick

Pickle, your game was...not so great. In thread you were all over the place. You named like half of the game as scum at some point or another and then when some of them came up scum you pounded your chest about how great you were. In the mean time you never came up with any case on any of them or even really tried to get them lynched beyond saying that some of them voted for you. Out of thread, your night actions were mind-bogglingly bad. You protected yourself up to Night 5 even though no scum was ever going to hit you. Your inability to protect anyone of actual value led to the town investigator dying. One thing I don't agree with is protectors protecting themselves unless maybe it's night 1 and you're a player likely to get hit night 1. Otherwise you're just being selfish, especially if you aren't adding anything to the thread itself. For those reasons, you earned LVP.

@DingoLadd

I didn't think you played a bad game necessarily but it definitely wasn't a good one either. You honestly stayed pretty far under the radar the whole game. I'm not sure I agreed with your strategy of giving yourself up to be lynched, at least not that late in the game. If you do it earlier in the game when it requires like 10+ people to vote you, you're probably going to have some scum on your lynch train that you can potentially hit. Unfortunately when you got lynched the only people on there were town. It's especially unfortunate that you hit the town double voter who is crucial in the end game.

@Malfatron

Malf, what a game you had. You were running away with MVP from practically the get go. You redirected the SK into the cult leader and the town vig into scum all on Night 2. That's ******* impressive. Your thread play seemed erratic to me at times because you jump your vote around so much, but in the end your thought processes seemed to start to make sense to me. In the end you didn't get the win but you played better than just about anyone else in the game. If Dome hadn't pulled off the win I was giving you MVP despite not even being town.

@theuntouchable

Touch, you had a pretty solid game. Your role was pretty tough for someone who doesn't seem to know the source material very well but you did a pretty solid job of picking up on everything anyways, even my extremely phoned in Scarlet Witch item description. Your role was more to call people on counter claims and you never really got a chance to do that unfortunately. Your thread play was good though and your scumdar was on point.

@The LBC

LBC, it's a shame you died night 2 because I like the way you play. You were playing catch up a lot early in the game but I thought you were pretty insightful and noticed things other didn't. I think scum noticed this too since they killed you so early. Not much else to say unfortunately but I hope to see you play some more and hopefully live longer.

@11sanchez11

Also not much to say about you sanchez, dying Day 1 and all. It's just the consequence of being a non-frequent poster on a deadline day 1. Hope to see you play again though.

@kingseanjohn

I didn't really think the case on you was super strong and think there were probably better lynches to be had day 2 but it happens. You were another victim of just laying low and getting lynched early for it.

@Matts4313

So Matts, you earned JVP, named after poster JoeLegend from the old Walter Football forums. As Ragnarok so eloquently put it: LVP is for the person most detrimental to their team. JVP is for the person who makes you want to weep for the human race the most. It all started with you playing the PM game on Day 1 and claiming early. You claimed later on that you were ok with those decisions because they at least sparked discussions and got reactions but the only people you really drew out as suspects were other town. Scum used the chaos you created to continue to lay low. Your arguments were often illogical and random. You tunneled on Swag but then when you got him lynched you suddenly started trying to push his arguments as your own i.e. mission. I also asked you to send in only one move in case Counselor didn't motivate and you used that to go in thread and push for Counselor to motivate you. I didn't appreciate that at all and it's why I didn't bother responding to your questions anymore in PMs. You were also rude and combative to other players constantly than accused others of being that way. The final piece of the JVP puzzle was self hammering in LyLo, a moment that will live in mafia infamy. You can call it bush league but I'd established earlier that a bolded name in thread was a vote and I wasn't going to ignore that simply because it was end game.

@Tk3

I definitely screwed up with your role by missing your post during a night phase. I had just woken up at the time night was supposed to end so I was hurriedly trying to get everything done and didn't full catch up. By the time I realized my mistake we were already two more phases down and two scum were dead. I think I made up for it by giving you a full blow revive rather than just having the ability to revert a day phase. Overall you laid low for much of the game which made sense with your role and you were pretty solid in thread towards the end. The only thing I'll ding you on is the Swag thing. I think lynching indy's is kind of a lazy lynch when there is scum still about. Some disagree so it's not too big of a deal but that's one of my only real complaints there.

@Counselor

You honestly played a pretty good game Counselor. You used your role well throughout the game and despite voting for Matts at the end, you did a good job in thread as well. Two notes: stop threatening to modkill yourself for one lol and secondly, try to be less emotional with your votes. Sometimes you just need to slow down and think things through. 

@Forge

You probably had one of the better town games out there Forge. Besides Malf I'd maybe even say you were the best town player? There's a couple of people close for that spot so it's not a given but you're up there this game. You may not be a leader out there, picking up on every little thing and leading lynches but you do a good job of sorting through the bs and making sense of the information presented to you. It may not sound like much but it's a skill many are lacking. You did well with your ability too, making smart moves with your tracking and even catching TKN. It sucks that I had to modkill you but posting your results before the night writeup is a pretty serious infractions and you can't really give warnings for that stuff.

@Utley

You were dealt kind of a bad hand here having to replace Danger partway through with all of the baggage that that entailed. I felt like you did a good job of handling the pressure though. You weren't super active but played fairly well in thread. With your ability I didn't like how you protected yourself Night 2 but you more than made up for it by sacrificing yourself for Malf the next night. I really enjoyed you playing and I hope you join us again.

@MD4L

You did a good job of lying low with your ability. Even when you caught scum (good job by the way) you didn't outright claim, you just pushed him and soft claimed your result. It is a shame you were not protected but either way it was a solid game for you cut too short.

@squire12

Great game from you squire truly. Your thread play was on the down low but your two hit targets were literally right on point. You tried to kill TKN Night 2 but were redirected to Orca. Then Night 3 you killed Mwil. Doesn't get much better than that. Some may disagree with using your kills early on but after getting outed by Malf you pretty much had to use the second one early. Good game man.

@mission27

I will definitely say that you greatly amused me throughout the game. You really didn't contribute much in thread but once you were converted the laying low actually worked in your favor. You inconsistently used your ability, just really random all over the place. In the end it worked for the most part. 

@Whicker

Whicker, it's a shame that they voted without letting you speak but that's just how it goes sometimes. MD4L had a full blown investigation result on you as Sinister Six so it is what it is. Otherwise I thought you were doing a good job of laying low and contributing in scumchat. Your role investigation of Dongo was really valuable when that lynch happened because it allowed Dome to hold off on voting for him, saving him from death.

@TheKillerNacho

It sucks that you got caught killing by Forge because I think your inactivity was actually working well for you. It was helping you lie low. In the end though you got caught. It's also a shame that your ability was only able to be useful once and it was because you were redirected to yourself. 

@MWil23

You played a solid game Mwil and I think your comments in the scumchat were dead on. You weren't able to fully commit because of the outside stuff which led to you being a bit more aggressive, which drew some unwanted attention. Even then you did a good job staying in chat and helping out Dome, talking him down when he was on the edge a couple of times lol

@The Orca

You caught a lot of attention from people early on and were killed early. It happens but definitely you might want to rethink the way you played early to try to ensure it doesn't happen again.

@Dome

What a game Dome. Let's get it out of the way that you get MVP. You were down and out, all alone as scum pretty early on. You just keep trucking. I questioned your decision to stick to your fake claim and not troll them as lynch proof but it paid off in the end. You also probably could've gotten some extra hits in late in the game instead of going lynch proof but I get the safe play. Those days where Swag and mission were lynched it felt pretty clear you wouldn't go down. In the end though I can't fault you and congrats on pulling that off.

@bcb1213

It sucks that you died so early because I was looking forward to the havoc your role would bring both as recruiter and silencer. In the end I get the mission decision but I think it did bite you a bit since he inconsistently used his ability. Maybe someone else wouldn't have laid low long enough for it to matter and been lynched earlier but still. Not much else to say unfortunately as you died so soon.

@Ragnarok

I was most disappointed in you dying so soon in the game. I desperately wanted you to gather all of the stones and snap half the game out of existence. Just to emphasize: I really, really wanted that to happen. Oh well, c'est la vie. I will say that I kind of left you an out to not use your move and basically play the survival game if you wanted because you didn't even actually need to kill the people to gain their stone but I can't blame you for going the aggressive route.

@SwAg

You did some fun stuff like skipping the one night phase and putting three guys on the chopping block but I wish you'd done more. I get why you didn't because you were trying to play for town so they would let you live but still. You almost made it, getting a lot farther than I thought you might. Your thread play was great but you gotta keep things more concise for people. As a narcissist, clearly you're smarter than everyone else but you have to be more persuasive and not just hope that your logic will carry you through. It's unfortunate but it's true.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of this being said, I hope you all enjoyed the game. I said I was hoping for a **** show and you guys certainly delivered. It was a lot of fun for me hosting it and I hope it was fun for you guys to play it. Once again congrats to Dome and the whole Sinister Six crew, helluva win guys.

Great game and write ups...some of these are awesome 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Pickle, your game was...not so great. In thread you were all over the place. You named like half of the game as scum at some point or another and then when some of them came up scum you pounded your chest about how great you were. In the mean time you never came up with any case on any of them or even really tried to get them lynched beyond saying that some of them voted for you. Out of thread, your night actions were mind-bogglingly bad. You protected yourself up to Night 5 even though no scum was ever going to hit you. Your inability to protect anyone of actual value led to the town investigator dying. One thing I don't agree with is protectors protecting themselves unless maybe it's night 1 and you're a player likely to get hit night 1. Otherwise you're just being selfish, especially if you aren't adding anything to the thread itself. For those reasons, you earned LVP.

I disagree with almost all of this but I guess everyone can have their opinions.  

I was dead on on almost everyone of my reads.  Matts I was only pushing bc I couldn't be for certain that scum didnt get the civ pm (which it turns out they eventually did).

I said rags, whicker, dome, malf, nacho were all scum and I was right.  Bcb I dont remember what it was about him but he was scum.  

And you protect yourself until you have a clear or a strong read.  Once there was clears I protected them but since I was already outed malf redirected me elsewhere....I wonder why I didnt want to claim