2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

24 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

lol...I'm not bagging.  It draws in a ton of members.

I still wanna get with you about this discord, I switched cell phone providers and lost my connection to the link you gave me...Not that I need access back into your GB conversation.  Just had some additional questions about that service.

I'll hit you up in PM when I get some time.

Yeah... whenever you get some time.  I like what it provides.   I use Slack and GroupMe for some fantasy league discussion apps.  

23 hours ago, ny92mike said:

IMPORTANT READ

Your feedback is important to me as it allows me to provide you guys with a better mock draft for the following year.  So like every year, I'm reaching out to you all once again.

LINKED TEXT

FEEDBACK FORM - Please complete when you have a few minutes.

FEEDBACK RESPONSES

I'll compile the data for discussion sometime after the draft phase begins.  

Arizona CardinalsARI@LuckyNumber11 Atlanta FalconsATL @EaglesPeteC  Baltimore RavensBAL@ravens5520 Buffalo BillsBUF @squire12 Carolina PanthersCAR@PR Chicago BearsCHI @BowserBroncos  Cincinnati BengalsCIN@sparky151 Cleveland BrownsCLE@cortes02 Dallas CowboysDAL@D82 Denver BroncosDEN@BowserBroncos@FRock24Detroit LionsDET@winitall Green Bay PackersGB@squire12 Houston TexansHOU@jch1911 Indianapolis ColtsIND@Counselor Jacksonville JaguarsJAC@Trojan Kansas City ChiefsKC@samsel23@TedLavieLos Angeles ChargersLAC@wwhickok Los Angeles RamsLAR@jrry32@yoinesh123Miami DolphinsMIA@mountainpd Minnesota VikingsMIN@MikeT14 New Orleans SaintsNO@whodatOL New England PatriotsNE@Deadpulse New York GiantsNYG@YogiBiz@ny92mikeNew York JetsNYJ@KingOfTheDot Las Vegas RaidersLVR@DTMW78 Philadelphia EaglesPHI@EaglesPeteC Pittsburgh SteelersPIT@Cbrunn San Francisco 49ersSF@Justone2 Seattle SeahawksSEA@Juan7637 Tampa Bay BuccaneersTB @whodatOLTennessee TitansTEN@bcb1213 Washington RedskinsWAS@mike23md

Bump.

FREE AGENT NEWS

Tomorrow 9 pm eastern time don't be late.  Three teams, Bengals, Colts and Seattle have not had any recent contract discussions with any of the 684 free agents at least not publicly, but we suspect that they are ready to go but are just holding their actions from public viewing until closer to the deadline.  We are also reading reports that one team whom has been in discussions with their player's agent for a few days that talks are breaking down because they can't match the aggressiveness from another team. 

Also, being reported is that the Tennessee Titans @bcb1213 have exceeded their spending limits and are over the cap by -$3,445,638, running the risk of nullifying all contract offers this week....scary stuff...need help with this hit me up.

If things shake out with what I'm currently looking at, the bulk of the league is gonna be thrilled as roughly 70% of the contracts submitted will be signed leaving only a few looking to next week to fill the same hole...what she said.  This week clubs are dialing in their targets that fit the schemes rather than like what we saw last week with multiple teams targeting the top talent.  This week, of the 98 pending contracts there is only 14 free agents with more than one team in play.  Thus, leaving 68 players just waiting for another team to up the ante. 

In other news....The Chargers have witnessed first hand the lazy that is @wwhickok and have publicly stated it, and I quote.  "Get your creative writing guy to do some work."  So this is us trying to get him off the couch and into his office.  We aren't really sure why he's gotten this lazy on us because he drinks a six pack of mello yello's a day and I'm still running circles around him.  Get those sticks to clicking or I'll report you to the better business bureau for lying on your application as being a creative writer. 

giphy.gif   

Round 2 Free Agency Bidding (10% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Thur, Feb. 13th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results - Thur, Feb. 13th @ 10pm

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

We've only gotten three responses to the feedback form...don't make me garnish your wages...haha.

However, I'm already making use of these.

Two members, a veteran and rookie have both voiced their opinions of looking for ways to make it easier to copy data from the official roster to the private team roster workbooks.  I completely agree as this is typically the question I get asked the most so I'll work on resolving this issue so that we are just using the one workbook while still providing you the ability to use it privately.

It is also looking like you guys like the ability to see if another team is targeting the same player you are.

Please keep the feedback coming in.

Which team did you represent? Los Angeles Chargers Denver Broncos Minnesota Vikings
What do you like best about this GM Mock Draft? I love the workbooks! Especially the UFA one, thought it was easy to use and well desgined The Also Target Check Box The depth and details of the spreadsheets is outstanding. It really helped with looking a couple steps ahead rather than one.
What do you like least about this GM Mock Draft? There isnt at this point anything I disliked. The deadline for offer sheets after the 1st round of bids. I get why, but I think those guys that were transitional tagged just to make the team have a saying if they want to keep him would get more offers if it happened before. This might change as it goes on (again my first time doing this), but I am not sure we need too many days between FA acquisitions.
How likely would you be to refer this mock to a friend? 5 5 5
Did we start the mock draft too early? No Yes No
If any, what changes would you make to the schedule? None at this time The RFA/tags offer sheets before the FA rounds.  
I created the discussion thread on Dec 23rd and we currently are on page 138 as we approach the 2nd FA bidding round, What changes or additions could we do to make the discussion thread more active? Get your creative writing guy to do some work. I do think we are very active, we just started very early this year. 138 is pretty solid to be honest. It's just not every GM is active.
What rule changes would you recommend for next year? I'll think on this and get to you in a pm   NA
Do you think the restrictions for Tag n Trade were too heavy?....What changes would you like to see for this process? Maybe we should consider allowing these players to be traded earlier. No, I like the way it is now. NA
Was the FAQ thread helpful? Yes Yes Yes
Any additional suggestions or feedback?     Some of the contract lengths are a little heavy to start, but I think you said that improves as time goes on
What changes would you like to see with not only the “private” workbooks but also with any of the public workbooks that would be beneficial to you for game planning or just general use? I think the biggest thing that tripped people up is knowing where to find information An easier way to copy the official roster to the personal roster workbook. I can't figure it out how to make my personal roster cap match the official. Possibly an easier way to move the official workbook to our private one?
Any suggestions for making the team roster workbooks more user friendly for adding and editing players to the active roster? Are we able to currently edit positions? If not, that (such as moving from a 4-3 to a 3-4 or a OT to a G or LT to RT etc)   See above. I'm just suggesting, I don't know how to actually do it :-P
Additional information that you would like to see included in your private workbooks? Player age (is that there already?) Would be nice to have the number of cap savings if june 1st or traded in the 1st page of the workbooks.  
Any thoughts on a better design of the workbooks? I think the design is excellent   I think they are very good already tbh
The new pending contract addition created- I believe has potential, I just need to iron out the formulas and links so that it doesn't glitch. So understand I'm asking the question knowing that it needs formula related work, but it did work in that it provided an accurate account of the cap. My question is was it helpful? If not, I don't see the need to improve upon it but rather scrap the idea. Yes Yes Yes
How did you like the new addition for being able to see if your free agent target is also being targeted by another team? 5 5 5
Would you like to see more information other than just seeing the number of teams interested in FA target? If so, please provide what that additional information would be. I like the idea of not knowing who is bidding against you, but would not actively oppose that option. Would be nice to see if the player if being target by his old team or not. But in the other hand, this could make things to easy.  
The current roster limits for this mock draft is set at a minimum 75 / max 90. Should we consider reducing the minimum limit to 53? Yes No Yes
Did you use the free agency / trade block scouting sheet, located in your private team roster workbook? No Yes Yes
If so, what could I do to improve upon that sheet. Pretty sure I didnt realize it was there. But now I'm gonna check it out. I think it's already great.  
Were there any sheets within either the FA transaction workbook or private team roster that you didn't use because it was too complicating or just didn't see a need for it? If so, which ones? Not really there are some I didnt realize were there. I'll look more thoroughly and give you more feedback in a pm    
Pertaining to the guidelines, what proposals would you make for the following mock?      
Constructive criticism on any facet of the mock draft...I can take it.      
If you had to pick one tcmd mock draft which would it be? Keeper League Standard Full version TCMD Standard Full version TCMD

We Bengals are snakes in the grass. We'll get our bids in on time.

Not gonna trade AJ Green after paying him a 20 mil signing bonus. He's collected more than 20 mil from the team already since his last down on the field. The People's Commission for Football Excellence believes in treating the players fairly but not in bending over. 

Let me just say losing Joe Schobert has really thrown a wrench into my offseason.  I had every intention of re-signing him unless I received a trade offer that I really liked but if I knew I was going to lose him, I would have never traded Kirksey.  I created an unintentional hole on my team without a sure fire way to fill it. 

Damn you @samsel23…..

Image result for damn you gif

Peace!!!

Edited by cortes02
  • Like 1