2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

It's an interesting trade between the Lions & Giants.

I can only assume the Giants were really hoping Chase Young would fall to them and when New England jumped them and signed Bridgewater in free agency, they figured Young would no longer be available.   LT Taylor Decker is a solid piece and will help protect QB Daniel Jones & open up holes for Saquon but I don't know if #4 overall and next years #1 was worth it.

Lions put themselves in place to possibly draft Staffords replacement (Herbert?) and they get an extra 1st round pick for next year.  Now, I could be totally wrong in my assumptions in regards to who Detroit is targeting but my only question is, if your possibly drafting a QB in the 1st, don't you want a LT to protect him?  Perhaps Detroit thinks they can get someone in free agency or the 2nd round of the draft.

Peace!!!

@YogiBiz

Inside the Locker is seeking an interview with the general manager of the New York Giants... @wwhickok

Two big time trades with the Lions....This is big news.

Care to explain how these recent trades help the Giants heading into this season?

Moving from the 4th overall pick down to 20 this year along with trading away the first two picks next year, do you feel you put the team in the best position to win?  

Seemed like a lot of draft pick value was needed to get these deals done.  Adding these two talented players in receiver Kenny Golladay and LT Taylor Decker are definitely upgrades to what the team had on the roster prior.  Giving Danny "Dimes" upgrades at receiver and better pass protection is always a plus but was the cost in doing so too high?

• Like 2

I'm curious to see if the Lions/Giants trade effects the Chargers in any way.  Are they going to push for a QB in free agency? wwhickok hinted at Mariota in free agency but is that who he really wants as his starting QB or was he going to be just a 1 year rental with the hopes of getting his QB of the future at pick #6?  Now that I believe the top 3 QB's will be gone.  What will the Charges do?

Image result for scratching chin gif

Peace!!!

13 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Interesting that 2, 3 and 4 were all traded pre draft. Should make for an fascinating top 5

Are we going to start the draft with 4 QBs off the board in a row?

If it did it would be a first...as you know quarterbacks rarely are valued in these mocks as high as they are irl.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

If it did it would be a first...as you know quarterbacks rarely are valued in these mocks as high as they are irl.

Probably one of those teams either the Pats or the Lions will take Young. But TBH, I have no earthly idea what the Lions are doing.........haha

I expect the other 3 to be QB's. Because after that this is a pretty deep 1st round, I can't imagine who you would NEED to give up all that draft capital for. 

• Like 1

IMPORTANT READ

CLICK HERE to view the Schedule

Upcoming deadlines

Round 2 Free Agency Bidding (10% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Thur, Feb. 13th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results - Thur, Feb. 13th @ 10pm

Round 3 Free Agency Bidding (20% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Sun, Feb. 16th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Sun, Feb. 16th @ 10pm

Remember that the League Office and trade threads will be closed two hours prior to all of the FA bidding deadlines, so if you need to clear cap for this round do it now....as it stands no team is in the red.

Get your minds right along with your contract offers....should be a big night for several teams.

FEEDBACK FORM - Please complete when you have a few minutes.

FEEDBACK RESPONSES

Arizona CardinalsARI@LuckyNumber11 Atlanta FalconsATL @EaglesPeteC  Baltimore RavensBAL@ravens5520 Buffalo BillsBUF @squire12 Carolina PanthersCAR@PR Chicago BearsCHI @BowserBroncos  Cincinnati BengalsCIN@sparky151 Cleveland BrownsCLE@cortes02 Dallas CowboysDAL@D82 Denver BroncosDEN@BowserBroncos@FRock24Detroit LionsDET@winitall Green Bay PackersGB@squire12 Houston TexansHOU@jch1911 Indianapolis ColtsIND@Counselor Jacksonville JaguarsJAC@Trojan Kansas City ChiefsKC@samsel23@TedLavieLos Angeles ChargersLAC@wwhickok Los Angeles RamsLAR@jrry32@yoinesh123Miami DolphinsMIA@mountainpd Minnesota VikingsMIN@MikeT14 New Orleans SaintsNO@whodatOL New England PatriotsNE@Deadpulse New York GiantsNYG@YogiBiz@ny92mikeNew York JetsNYJ@KingOfTheDot Las Vegas RaidersLVR@DTMW78 Philadelphia EaglesPHI@EaglesPeteC Pittsburgh SteelersPIT@Cbrunn San Francisco 49ersSF@Justone2 Seattle SeahawksSEA@Juan7637 Tampa Bay BuccaneersTB @whodatOLTennessee TitansTEN@bcb1213 Washington RedskinsWAS@mike23md

Edited by ny92mike