Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4/12/2020 MoL Scores:

And I don't know how it gets better than this,
you take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.”

- Taylor Swift

Tbh I will be commenting more later on as it is a pain in the *** to do this on my phone while away from my laptop  

Tier 1: Outbreak under control, safe to begin relaxing social distancing measures

South Korea: 1.1 (This is a helluva number let me tell you. Not surprising given how this country operates, and they will be enjoying tasty BBQ much earlier than the rest of us)

Australia: 1.9 (@Shady Slim Things are looking great for the aussies. Their leaders are clearly brighter than their FF posters tbh.)

Hong Kong: 2.0 (tbh this is a solid number. Hopefully the protesters can get back to work)

Tier 2: New case growth is minimal suggesting social distancing is working, likely a few weeks away from breaking into tier 1

Austria: 3.1

Italy: 4.4 

Israel: 4.5 

Philippines: 5.0 

Switzerland: 5.0

Iran: 5.7* 

Germany: 5.8 

Spain: 5.9 

France: 5.9 

China: 6.0 (back into tier 2, hopefully any remaining cases are all of the fat A variety)

Denmark: 6.5

Netherlands: 7.0

Portugal: 7.0 

Global: 7.8  (Hopefully this numbers continues to decrease as the weather gets hotter and the sunburns increase @Tyty

Sweden: 8.1 

USA: 8.5 

Belgium: 9.3

Canada: 9.6 

Tier 3: Countries in this group that are showing increased MoLs have the potential to go deep into the danger zones, but countries with falling MoLs may only be a couple of days from tier 2 status and may have already peaked in gross # of new cases

UK: 11.9 

Brazil: 12.3

Ireland: 14.4 

Turkey: 14.4

India: 16.3 

Japan: 17.6 

Tier 4: Aggressive growth, still likely have not peaked in single day cases, and likely a week or two minimum from peak in deaths (however many of these countries are still slowing down)

Tier 4 was empty so we went looking for newcomers who are worrying and found one:

Russia: 23.8

USA State Level MoLs

image.png

It is no surprise that we are seeing improvements where the MoL resides. South Dakota is still a burgeoning hotspot although their 7 person population helps.

MoL.png

The MoL would like to thank everyone for their contributions to this important work including @ET80 @acowboys62 @dtait93 @Dome @naptownskinsfan @kingseanjohn @Malfatron @Shady Slim @malagabears @daboyle250 @vikesfan89 @ramssuperbowl99 @sdrawkcab321 @Nazgul @kingseanjohn @mistakey @Webmasterand the others who love us so much

We'd even like to thank @pwny @Glen for their critical attitude because of the attention it brings to the great work MoL is doing 

Finally, The MoL would like to wish everyone, including the haters and losers, a Happy Easter.

@mission27

• Like 8

Just found out that my great aunt got COVID-19. She's in an ICU in Texas where she lives. She has a DNR and has said she doesn't want to be put on a ventilator.

We aren't super close but it still hits home a little. She had an unrelated surgery and apparently got it at the place where she was doing physical therapy.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TLO said:

4/12/2020 MoL Scores:

And I don't know how it gets better than this,
you take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.”

- Taylor Swift

Tbh I will be commenting more later on as it is a pain in the *** to do this on my phone while away from my laptop  

Tier 1: Outbreak under control, safe to begin relaxing social distancing measures

South Korea: 1.1 (This is a helluva number let me tell you. Not surprising given how this country operates, and they will be enjoying tasty BBQ much earlier than the rest of us)

Australia: 1.9 (@Shady Slim Things are looking great for the aussies. Their leaders are clearly brighter than their FF posters tbh.)

Hong Kong: 2.0 (tbh this is a solid number. Hopefully the protesters can get back to work)

Tier 2: New case growth is minimal suggesting social distancing is working, likely a few weeks away from breaking into tier 1

Austria: 3.1

Italy: 4.4 

Israel: 4.5 

Philippines: 5.0 

Switzerland: 5.0

Iran: 5.7* 

Germany: 5.8 

Spain: 5.9 

France: 5.9 

China: 6.0 (back into tier 2, hopefully any remaining cases are all of the fat A variety)

Denmark: 6.5

Netherlands: 7.0

Portugal: 7.0 

Global: 7.8  (Hopefully this numbers continues to decrease as the weather gets hotter and the sunburns increase @Tyty

Sweden: 8.1 

USA: 8.5 

Belgium: 9.3

Canada: 9.6 

Tier 3: Countries in this group that are showing increased MoLs have the potential to go deep into the danger zones, but countries with falling MoLs may only be a couple of days from tier 2 status and may have already peaked in gross # of new cases

UK: 11.9 

Brazil: 12.3

Ireland: 14.4 

Turkey: 14.4

India: 16.3 

Japan: 17.6 

Tier 4: Aggressive growth, still likely have not peaked in single day cases, and likely a week or two minimum from peak in deaths (however many of these countries are still slowing down)

Tier 4 was empty so we went looking for newcomers who are worrying and found one:

Russia: 23.8

USA State Level MoLs

image.png

It is no surprise that we are seeing improvements where the MoL resides. South Dakota is still a burgeoning hotspot although their 7 person population helps.

MoL.png

The MoL would like to thank everyone for their contributions to this important work including @ET80 @acowboys62 @dtait93 @Dome @naptownskinsfan @kingseanjohn @Malfatron @Shady Slim @malagabears @daboyle250 @vikesfan89 @ramssuperbowl99 @sdrawkcab321 @Nazgul @kingseanjohn @mistakey @Webmasterand the others who love us so much

We'd even like to thank @pwny @Glen for their critical attitude because of the attention it brings to the great work MoL is doing 

Finally, The MoL would like to wish everyone, including the haters and losers, a Happy Easter.

@mission27

love ya buddy

<3

if i was gay, and you were gay, man we'd have a lot of fun together

unforutnatley we are both straighter than hell

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm so tempted to do some international traveling. I'm extremely low-risk, I'm working at home, and a 3 weeks roundtrip trip flight from Chicago to Peru is $145 lol.

Lima is on lockdown. Most of Peru is in shelter-at-home. Friends live there. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mission27 said:

love ya buddy

<3

if i was gay, and you were gay, man we'd have a lot of fun together

unforutnatley we are both straighter than hell

Right back at ya slick.

and tbh, that still wouldn’t stop me. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:
5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm so tempted to do some international traveling. I'm extremely low-risk, I'm working at home, and a 3 weeks roundtrip trip flight from Chicago to Peru is $145 lol.

Lima is on lockdown. Most of Peru is in shelter-at-home. Friends live there. 

can yall bring missoin with you

So I’ve recently been seeing this story circulating of a 7 week old who apparently died from the coronavirus https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200403/first-baby-in-connecticut-dies-from-covid-19

Only to read on the second to last paragraph, “A full investigation is under way to determine the cause of death.” Uhh I’m sorry what? The title of WebMD’s article is literally, “First Baby In Connecticut Dies From COVID-19.” And this isn’t just a WebMD thing...stories are littered everywhere saying the death is from coronavirus only to go on and say they’re still determining the cause.

We need to understand that State Health Departments are NOT medical examiners. They should not be the ones recording COVID-19 deaths. With the death rates being manipulated and the CDC giving license for doctors to lie if they so choose under their Vital Statistics Reporting Guidance, there needs to be an audit of all death certificates related to COVID-19. I’ve personally read and listened to quite a few stories of coronavirus being listed as the cause of death on people’s death certificates when it was not the cause at all. We need to take caution obviously as it’s definitely a serious virus, but my goodness the manipulation and fear mongering all over the place like the story linked above is complete and utter BS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

So I’ve recently been seeing this story circulating of a 7 week old who apparently died from the coronavirus https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200403/first-baby-in-connecticut-dies-from-covid-19

Only to read on the second to last paragraph, “A full investigation is under way to determine the cause of death.” Uhh I’m sorry what? The title of WebMD’s article is literally, “First Baby In Connecticut Dies From COVID-19.” And this isn’t just a WebMD thing...stories are littered everywhere saying the death is from coronavirus only to go on and say they’re still determining the cause.

We need to understand that State Health Departments are NOT medical examiners. They should not be the ones recording COVID-19 deaths. With the death rates being manipulated and the CDC giving license for doctors to lie if they so choose under their Vital Statistics Reporting Guidance, there needs to be an audit of all death certificates related to COVID-19. I’ve personally read and listened to quite a few stories of coronavirus being listed as the cause of death on people’s death certificates when it was not the cause at all. We need to take caution obviously as it’s definitely a serious virus, but my goodness the manipulation and fear mongering all over the place like the story linked above is complete and utter BS.

There are obviously issues, and the numbers aren't 100% accurate.  However, when you're dealing with statistics at this level, there's bound to be some error.  It's really not worth the trouble to do an audit of every death potentially related to this virus.  The doctors are doing the best they can, with the limited time and resources they have.

As for the family - i'm sure they don't care whether it was COVID or something else.  

• Like 3

https://www.todayonline.com/world/coronavirus-could-attack-immune-system-hiv-targeting-protective-cells-warn-scientists

On the surface, this looks like a major concern. COVID-19 invades T-cells similar to HIV, but with one key difference- it cannot replicate infected cells like HIV. That's huge. If that were true, we'd have a HARD time finding a cure for this virus + I believe that's what make HIV a lifelong disease, though someone much smarter than me will have to confirm) @Shanedorf. This may mean some HIV medications could be used against COVID-19, which is another +.

The major concern is- Coronaviruses will likely be a virus that will plague us in the future, and it's getting awfully close to becoming a super virus. Luckily, COVID-19 seems to mutate extremely slow, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous knowing this virus can inhabit T-cells...

**** it! Wipe out the bat population, and have NBC play every Batman movie ever created for a day in remembrance! 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1