1960s Drama - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the 6th entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Drama movie from the 1960s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. POSTERS WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE NOMINATIONS. If you nominate more than 5 I will only count the top five. The changes in edited posts will not be counted. Nominations will close Tuesday, 6/30/2020 at 4:00pm EST. 

@Calvert28@Uncle Buck @THE DUKE   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

Another great collection overall, To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorites and The Hustler is outstanding.  How anyone cannot have both of those movies included on a list like this I have no idea.  

To Kill a Mockingbird 
The Hustler 

Lord of the Flies
The Agony and the Ecstasy 
Lawrence of Arabia 

My Fair Lady  just missed the cut, very good film but not as dramatic as these other ones.  

Judgment at Nuremberg

Spartacus

After that, I'm not so sure.  To Kill a Mockingbird, Lawrence of Arabia, a Dollars Movie, Once Upon a Time In the West,  and Magnificent Seven are all in consideration.

Just now, Malfatron said:

Cool Hand Luke

Easy Rider

If...

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians 

The Pit and the pendulum

I forgot about Cool Hand Luke, that movie is very good and quite outstanding but could argue it is a comedy in many ways and is a little light hearted to be a major drama.  

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I forgot about Cool Hand Luke, that movie is very good and quite outstanding but could argue it is a comedy in many ways and is a little light hearted to be a major drama.  

While that may be true, there werent many 1960s movies that i actually liked, and this had enough dramatic elements for me to pick it

8 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

While that may be true, there werent many 1960s movies that i actually liked, and this had enough dramatic elements for me to pick it

True but to me To Kill a Mockingbird is way more dramatic and has a far more serious tone than Cool Hand Luke.  And Paul Newman is just as good in The Hustler as he is in Cool Hand Luke, but any male loves that movie obviously and it is very good.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

True but to me To Kill a Mockingbird is way more dramatic and has a far more serious tone than Cool Hand Luke.  And Paul Newman is just as good in The Hustler as he is in Cool Hand Luke, but any male loves that movie obviously and it is very good.  

I found mockingbird boring.

Never seen the hustler

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Didn't you just say that My Fair Lady just missed the cut?

12 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I found mockingbird boring.

Never seen the hustler

Ok, a movie with one of the best female heroines ever and one of the best male lead roles ever, created from the best American novel ever written.  That is boring to you, ok.