Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

FREE AGENCY ROUND 8 BIDDING RESULTS

Any errors please let me know.  I'll wait about 20 30 minutes and start updating the workbooks.

Team GM Tags

Arizona Cardinals - @LuckyNumber11
Atlanta Falcons - @ovfd55
Baltimore Ravens - @Justone2
Buffalo Bills -
@downundermike & @Iggles25
Carolina Panthers - @MikeT14
Chicago Bears - @squire12
Cincinnati Bengals - @sparky151
Cleveland Browns - @cortes02
Dallas Cowboys - 
@eaglesfan0075 
Denver Broncos - 
@BowserBroncos 
Detroit Lions - @winitall
Green Bay Packers - 
@Ghostnote
Houston Texans - @jch1911
Indianapolis Colts - @RTTRUTH
Jacksonville Jaguars - @Trojan
Kansas City Chiefs - @RedGold
Las Vegas Raiders - @NYRaider & @Humble_Beast
Los Angeles Chargers - @whodatOL
Los Angeles Rams - @Freebirdsrams
Miami Dolphins - @mountainpd
Minnesota Vikings - @KingOfNewYork
New England Patriots - 
@Underdog
New Orleans Saints - @whodatOL
New York Giants - @ny92mike
New York Jets - @bcb1213
Philadelphia Eagles - @EaglesPeteC
Pittsburgh Steelers - @Cbrunn
San Francisco 49ers - @Forge
Seattle Seahawks - @DTMW78
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - @BucsDraftGeek47
Tennessee Titans - @Daniel & @SerenityNow
Washington Commanders - @MKnight82

• Like 1

That was probably my last bid outside of vet min only contracts for the FA.  I'm officially broke now after landing Frank Clark, but man the team needed him.  Been trying to land someone to play opposite of the rookie in each round it seemed like.  Be nice to have that veteran leadership on the defensive front.

I signed Melvin Gordon for 870k or whatever because he was the only name I knew that didn't effect my cap at all. I have no intention of him getting a snap, and fumbling. Just getting closer to a 90 man roster and that's one less UDFA I have to get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

I signed Melvin Gordon for 870k or whatever because he was the only name I knew that didn't effect my cap at all. I have no intention of him getting a snap, and fumbling. Just getting closer to a 90 man roster and that's one less UDFA I have to get.

Been my strategy for like 4 rounds now 😂

• Like 2

Best round 1 picks:

3. CJ Stroud: Getting the best QB in the class, especially in a very thin class, is an automatic win when it's a need.  When it's at the third spot, it's an even bigger win.
19. Joey Porter: Joey Porter I think might be the best overall CB in this class, with elite athleticism, and the best tape against Marvin Harrison Jr. you'll see.  Getting him at 19 is a steal.
23. Jaxson Smith-Njigba: I was gonna take him 11 spots earlier if I couldn't trade down.
28. Anton Harrison: Harrison is being majorly slept on in this class.  I think he's only a hair under Broderick Jones, in overall talent, and he went 8th overall.
29. Jordan Addison: Tooting my own horn here, but I have Addison as just barely behind JSN in this receiver class.  He'll be a great weapon for the Titans, and a perfect complement to Treylon Burks and Chig Okonkwo.

Worst round 1 picks:

8. Calijah Kancey: I like Kancey, and he annihilated the combine, but this is a really high pick for any interior DL, much less one whose tape is not on par with his athleticism.
11. Will Levis: I've spoke ad nauseum about how bad a prospect I think Levis is.
13. Brian Branch: I don't see the hype on Branch at all and he had a pretty poor showing at the combine too, and this is ahead of guys like Ringo and Porter.
15. Lukas Van Ness: One trick pony is one trick.  He was pretty good at the combine, but didn't show like the Hercules he was supposed to be.
20. Quinten Johnston: I don't hate Johnston, I just don't understand why, with his physical ability, he didn't look better on the field.  And to take him first, over all the other receivers, is questionable tbh.

• Like 2