TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

10 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

That rule was in there at the beginning, about the apy being the following years number.  I guess it got overlooked in the guidelines.

Personally, I like it because I think it does help with the abuse of back loading and pushing cap into the future.  I think if more saw that they would have curved their spending.

Like i said good for the betterment of all, but should have made myself more aware. I pretty much can only offer 1 year deals now.

Just now, jch1911 said:

Yep.  I think I misinterpreted that part because I was looking at the number in the workbook in regards to 2019

If I get time I'll try to fix that, but those numbers are estimates, which I can get closer but nonetheless the guidelines stats the rule.  I don't think anyone picked up on that rule tbh. 

4 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

That rule was in there at the beginning, about the apy being the following years number.  I guess it got overlooked in the guidelines.

Personally, I like it because I think it does help with the abuse of back loading and pushing cap into the future.  I think if more saw that they would have curved their spending.

@ny92jefferis Mike, why would you have to change anything in the system then?

This rule prevents teams like mine from really profiting from pushing the spending into the future.

(1) If I had understood the rule and its impact = would have curtailed pushing things into the future

(2) I am a beacon to other teams that you could end up winning the battle, but losing the war (i.e. cap room)

I am paying the price, but I can see now how this rule really impacts my cap. 

I think that's your solution to the issue... 

6 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

@ny92jefferis Mike, why would you have to change anything in the system then?

This rule prevents teams like mine from really profiting from pushing the spending into the future.

(1) If I had understood the rule and its impact = would have curtailed pushing things into the future

(2) I am a beacon to other teams that you could end up winning the battle, but losing the war (i.e. cap room)

I am paying the price, but I can see now how this rule really impacts my cap. 

I think that's your solution to the issue... 

Like I was trying to say earlier in this discussion.  The ramifications are there in the future cap limitations.  

12 hours ago, Cbrunn said:

Just a quick question, I didn't realize the jags had offered Robinson a non exclusive franchise tag and I offered a contract

What does non exclusive tag mean? Just ring to figure out what's going on with my offer

Also thought I changed my resign bid for Zach brown instead of Trent Murphy, usc had Trent Murphy 

Edit: I did a quick Google Search and it means they get a chance to match, but if they don't they get 2 first round picks as comp? ... if that's the case I'd like to rescind my offer on the base that I had no Idea what that meant, I just seen him in the pool and Bid             ... if not it's not that serious it's only for fun, but nobody would do that for 2 first round picks

Sorry man just getting freed up.

It was posted in the league office, and I think what happened was I missed updating the UFA.  Really sorry about that. 

4 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Sorry man just getting freed up.

It was posted in the league office, and I think what happened was I missed updating the UFA.  Really sorry about that. 

No biggie man, it's all just for fun, you've been going crazy with all this work

12 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Try and outbid his current one lol

(in good fun not intentionally being mean if it could be viewed as that)

Everybody in here poking fun...  I feel like I’m the only happy person about this contact.

I never thought I could be happy about Eric Fisher making close to 14 Mil. 

IMPORTANT DATES

• Phase 2

• Tender Offer Sheet Contract(s)

• Build contract start date - Mon, Feb. 19th @ 12am

• Deadline to have contract complete - Tues, Feb 20th @ 10pm

• Match or Decline Tender Offer Sheet - Wed, Feb 21st @ 12pm

• Updating Official Workbooks by - Thur, Feb 22nd @ 11pm

• GM’s can start submitting extensions for tagged players.- Fri, Feb 23rd @ 12am

Round 2 Free Agency Bidding (10% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Fri, Feb. 23rd @ 10pm

• FA Bidding Results - Fri, Feb 23rd @ 11pm

@LuckyNumber11

@bcb1213

@SirA1

@NickChowaniec

@BringinDaPain

@winitall

@sparky151

@cortes02

@Desperado82

@BowserBroncos