TCMD- INSIDE THE LOCKER THREAD

EaglesPeteC

6 hours ago, Trojan said:

@EaglesPeteC is that the type of post you want us to write for the awards thread, or was that going to be a different type of template?

You can post them here if you talking about your team. In the Awards Thread you can let me know what you think of other team's moves.

Round 10 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min APY)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Wed, Mar 14th @ 9pm  

• FA Bidding Results - Wed, Mar 14th @ 10pm

On 3/7/2018 at 3:43 PM, ny92jefferis said:

2018 Seattle Seahawk Draft Review (So Far)

1.22 RB Derrius Guice: B-

Definite position of need. This lower grade is more a reflection of all the guys that easily could’ve gone here, and deservedly so. But a line-up of Chris Carson, Mike Davis, JD McKissic would scare no one. All flashed but all are also a bit fancied by the injury bug. Guice is extremely talented and fits what the Hawks want. He draws Lynch comparisons. Was up there Barkley as a prospect until this last year really separated the two. Scary injury history, but the upside is worth it. 

3.75 WR Deon Cain: B-

Probably the most difficult pick I’ve had to make so far. There were a lot of talented guys available but a lot were at positions that weren’t really a need. I consider DB, but the depth for the secondary in this draft is crazy good. It’s the 5th and there are quite a few guys available that would be starters on a few teams. Deon Cain is best suited as a high-end no. 2 option, which is what he will be for the Hawks. I credit his lack of production more to his circumstance (second fiddle to a top 10 Pick at WR, then played with college football’s equivalent of Pre-KC Alex Smith). His athleticism is impressive. Surprisingly good route runner. Deon Cain can be our Pre-Suspension Martavis Bryant, or a middle man’s Roddy White.

4.122 LB Genard Avery: A

Wow was I surprised that Avery was available. I get I’m a little higher on him than most but he was productive in a hybrid role at Memphis. They used him everywhere and he succeeded everywhere. He’ll probably end up starting for me at SAM.

4.131 CB M.J. Stewart: B+

Talented, versatile guy. Some off the field stuff. Won’t have him outside but I’m very comfortable with him as a coverage guy in the middle. Could realistically start for me at Nickel, depth/competition at Free. If there’s a 5th DB being brought into the field, it’ll hard for me to put anyone else over him. 

4.136 OT/OG Joseph Noteboom: B

Flashes everything you want and a little of everything you don’t. Developmental pick at RT. Duane Brown and Solari get their hands on the guy. Could be Jason Peters. Will probably be like someone else on our roster: George Fant. Worst case scenario, he’s a borderline starter/quality swing tackle.

5.143 RB Mark Walton: B+

Double dipping in the talented RB class of 2018. Mark Walton is not who he was at the combine. He’s recovering from injury. When healthy, the guy is a legitimate playmaker in the run and pass. Think Dion Lewis. He’s BPA. Could realistically take over the relief role from Carson. A healthy duo of Walton and Guice? Good god. Not an A cause it’s not a position of need. But now I’ve got one of the deeper backfields, with legitimate low-end starters/high quality back-ups as my 4 & 5 (Guice, Walton, Carson, Davis and McKissic). Carson could very well be the starter for the Hawks irl and he’s my 3rd option!

Overall: B

Love the value in this year’s class, especially in the 3-5 range. Wish I would’ve had an earlier 3rd, or maybe just another 3rd rounder so I could’ve taken Cain later. First two picks are ones where the amount of talent is what brings the picks into question, not so much the picks themselves. Guice could’ve gone anywhere from 18 to 40. Really depends on your preference and team. 

Worst Pick? Deon Cain

Favorite Pick? Genard Avery

Best Value? Mark Walton

Outlook: I’ll be looking at the secondary positions strictly because of value. Interior on defense and offense. Maybe an in-line right end.

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

That or go easy on the fruity drinks....they can sneak up on you as well.

Jack & Coke, been treating me right for the last 20 years.

If you don't include pancreatitis or barrett's esophagus, then not so much.

UPDATED - Doug Martin is awarded to Baltimore.

@SirA1          

@samsel23

Additional signings for round 10

7586 - Luke Bowanko - C
5507 - Steven Johnson - ILB
9016 - Maurquice Shakir - LG
0624 - Doug Martin - RB
0660 - Elvis Dumervil - 43DE
6156 - David Fales - QB
0432 - Da'Norris Searcy - S
4704 - Ricky Jean-Francois - 43DE

Archived