Mini TCMD - Discussion Thread

ny92mike

1 minute ago, mountainpd said:

I say you can bid over but if you win the bid and it’s puts you over the cap you lose out on having the winning bid on the most expensive transaction. This player then joins the team with the second highest bid so the player does not return to the pool. If then the team is still over the cap they lose out in second highest bid and so on. 

Thats cool and all but this creates more work than I'm willing to put into this one.

The options I'm giving are either we allow teams to go over or we don't.  If they go over they need to be under before the next round.  If teams can't go over the cap and they do they lose out on all of their bids.

There are ways to show more cap on your roster by showing certain players as released and then adding them back, this would obviously be kinda cheating so now I'm questioning whether the salary cap shouldn't be collected from the master workbook.

What do you guys think about this?

@LuckyNumber11

@Justone2

@DTMW78

@NickChowaniec

@BringinDaPain

@BowserBroncos

@sparky151

@cortes02

@D82

@winitall

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@Tugboat

@samsel23

@Trojan

@jrry32

@mountainpd

@Deadpulse

@Dome

@KingOfTheDot

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC

@Cbrunn

@Forge

@IrishHooligan00

@CHOMP_CHOMP

@mike23md

We've got a couple teams that currently are bidding more than they have so we need to get this worked out by tomorrow afternoon.

Lets get a vote started so that I can collect and make the changes or not make the changes tomorrow.

My vote is not to allow it.  Reason being is we always complain about teams paying too much for the free agents, we haven't really ever tried it this way so it would be a good experiment for future mocks to see how it plays out.

3 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

I say go over, only if they can make the move(s) to get under the cap. Who's to say the said GM will win the player in FA anyway.

Well if you're bidding over your cap the odds of landing the players are definitely increased...haha.

Just now, Counselor said:

If we are bidding over I’m just going to bid 20 mil a year on my top four guys and leave it at that. Won’t be realistic but that way I for sure land them. 

That's kinda how I'm seeing it too.  Kinda kills the fun of finding the free agents.  

I won't mention any names but there is currently a team that if awarded the players they are bidding would land all 5 of them while at the same time being roughly 30 million over their cap.  For me that is just too much.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

That's kinda how I'm seeing it too.  Kinda kills the fun of finding the free agents.  

I won't mention any names but there is currently a team that if awarded the players they are bidding would land all 5 of them while at the same time being roughly 30 million over their cap.  For me that is just too much.

Yeah that’s ridiculous 

While I'm trying to stay under the 20 mil range in the first round.  I get that we wanna land some big names but we gotta keep it within reason.

You go over 30 mil its going to be almost impossible to free up enough to get out.  Yet you deplete the fa pool and basically cap locked for the rest of the mock.

Just now, ny92mike said:

While I'm trying to stay under the 20 mil range in the first round.  I get that we wanna land some big names but we gotta keep it within reason.

You go over 30 mil its going to be almost impossible to free up enough to get out.  Yet you deplete the fa pool and basically cap locked for the rest of the mock.

Meaning that while my bids this round are Just under my cap of 20 mill someone is is bidding 30 mil over their cap.  Just dont seem right or fun.

36 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Thats cool and all but this creates more work than I'm willing to put into this one.

The options I'm giving are either we allow teams to go over or we don't.  If they go over they need to be under before the next round.  If teams can't go over the cap and they do they lose out on all of their bids.

There are ways to show more cap on your roster by showing certain players as released and then adding them back, this would obviously be kinda cheating so now I'm questioning whether the salary cap shouldn't be collected from the master workbook.

What do you guys think about this?

@LuckyNumber11

@Justone2

@DTMW78

@NickChowaniec

@BringinDaPain

@BowserBroncos

@sparky151

@cortes02

@D82

@winitall

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@Tugboat

@samsel23

@Trojan

@jrry32

@mountainpd

@Deadpulse

@Dome

@KingOfTheDot

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC

@Cbrunn

@Forge

@IrishHooligan00

@CHOMP_CHOMP

@mike23md

I would say no. You cannot place bids which if successful would put you over your teams cap.

Archived