2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Sorry guys I keep forgetting about the free agency.

I'm going to allow you guys to make bids until 9 pm est tonight for round 11 and tomorrow hopefully I don't forget and do it at the scheduled time slot.

So you've got a little more than an hour to get your bids in.

Those teams that are short on active players now would be a great time to add some depth to those rosters.

Arizona CardinalsARI@LuckyNumber11 Atlanta FalconsATL @EaglesPeteC  Baltimore RavensBAL@ravens5520 Buffalo BillsBUF @squire12 Carolina PanthersCAR@PR Chicago BearsCHI @BowserBroncos  Cincinnati BengalsCIN@sparky151 Cleveland BrownsCLE@cortes02 Dallas CowboysDAL@D82 Denver BroncosDEN@BowserBroncos@FRock24Detroit LionsDET@winitall Green Bay PackersGB@squire12 Houston TexansHOU@jch1911 Indianapolis ColtsIND@Counselor Jacksonville JaguarsJAC@Trojan Kansas City ChiefsKC@samsel23@TedLavieLos Angeles ChargersLAC@wwhickok Los Angeles RamsLAR@jrry32@yoinesh123Miami DolphinsMIA@mountainpd Minnesota VikingsMIN@MikeT14 New Orleans SaintsNO@whodatOL New England PatriotsNE@Deadpulse New York GiantsNYG@ny92mike @rackcsNew York JetsNYJ@KingOfTheDot Las Vegas RaidersLVR@DTMW78 Philadelphia EaglesPHI@EaglesPeteC Pittsburgh SteelersPIT@Cbrunn San Francisco 49ersSF@Justone2 Seattle SeahawksSEA@Juan7637 Tampa Bay BuccaneersTB @whodatOLTennessee TitansTEN@bcb1213 Washington RedskinsWAS @mike23md

19 hours ago, Trojan said:

Kansas City - The start with Ezra I thought you might be just targeting upside developmental guys and rolling the champions back out, but Johnson, Aiyuk and and McFarland might be starters and I liked that pivot. Then you went back to the groom em OL and it makes a lot of sense to me.

Ty sir.   We didn’t have many immediate needs to fill.   Interior OL is still the weakness of this team and I personally don’t like anyone in this class to step in and improve the whole unit.  Not sure anyone in this class starts right away for us,  but Aiyuk, Johnson, and McFarland will see the field plenty.   Aiyuk gives us a dimension on offense we lost with Sammy.   I really like Cleveland and Cam Clark to start along the OL in year 2, freeing up some cap room.  

Would have like to add a higher profile IOL and more of a lead back,   Those are the 2 biggest needs we missed out on.

So I'm trying to be fair about the UDFA claim but I think there should be some reward for those members that fell within the permamaters set pertaining to the roster limits.  

You guys take issue with those teams that have at least a 70 man roster limit and that are under the cap should be given priority over those that are not?

Arizona CardinalsARI@LuckyNumber11 Atlanta FalconsATL @EaglesPeteC  Baltimore RavensBAL@ravens5520 Buffalo BillsBUF @squire12 Carolina PanthersCAR@PR Chicago BearsCHI @BowserBroncos  Cincinnati BengalsCIN@sparky151 Cleveland BrownsCLE@cortes02 Dallas CowboysDAL@D82 Denver BroncosDEN@BowserBroncos@FRock24Detroit LionsDET@winitall Green Bay PackersGB@squire12 Houston TexansHOU@jch1911 Indianapolis ColtsIND@Counselor Jacksonville JaguarsJAC@Trojan Kansas City ChiefsKC@samsel23@TedLavieLos Angeles ChargersLAC@wwhickok Los Angeles RamsLAR@jrry32@yoinesh123Miami DolphinsMIA@mountainpd Minnesota VikingsMIN@MikeT14 New Orleans SaintsNO@whodatOL New England PatriotsNE@Deadpulse New York GiantsNYG@ny92mike @rackcsNew York JetsNYJ@KingOfTheDot Las Vegas RaidersLVR@DTMW78 Philadelphia EaglesPHI@EaglesPeteC Pittsburgh SteelersPIT@Cbrunn San Francisco 49ersSF@Justone2 Seattle SeahawksSEA@Juan7637 Tampa Bay BuccaneersTB @whodatOLTennessee TitansTEN@bcb1213 Washington RedskinsWAS @mike23md

11 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

So I'm trying to be fair about the UDFA claim but I think there should be some reward for those members that fell within the permamaters set pertaining to the roster limits.  

You guys take issue with those teams that have at least a 70 man roster limit and that are under the cap should be given priority over those that are not?

Well, teams over the cap should be punished. But I disagree with punishing teams that aren't at the roster limit. A lot of teams fill their 90-man rosters using UDFAs.

25 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Sounds like punishing just to punish.

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

This might be too late, but you could do a points bidding system? Example 10 points to all and an extra two to those that fit the parameters?

If we were to use a point system that would work too.  Some of the teams just failed to get players signed because they didn't bid high enough, I get that but there were some that intentionally trying to keep a low number of players thinking it was helping them acquire better talent.  In the future, I'll correct this as I'm just trying to keep it a fair process across the board, now if that means keeping a 53 man roster or whatever that is after the cba agreement or preventing teams from releasing players if they are under a certain amount.  Having a team with a 53 man roster and another team with 90 during the offseason is a huge difference.  

I'm certainly not looking to punish just to be punishing.  

• Like 1

***FREE AGENT BIDDING ROUND 11 RESULTS***

I'll update the workbooks tonight, should be done in about an hour give or take.

Targeted by Another Team Bidding Team: Contract Type Player Identifier Adj. Contract Offer Amount Winning Team
FALSE ARI UFA 1500 - Kevin Pamphile - RG $683,333 ARI
FALSE ARI UFA 1766 - Mike Davis - RB $683,333 ARI
FALSE ARI UFA 0228 - Blidi Wreh-Wilson - CB $683,333 ARI
FALSE CAR Resign 0021 - Aaron Monteiro - RG $450,500 CAR
TRUE CAR UFA 0253 - Brandon Carr - CB $870,833 *OUTBID*
TRUE CAR UFA 5000 - Phillip "PJ" Walker - QB $450,000 *OUTBID*
TRUE CAR UFA 1732 - Max Garcia - LG $683,333 *OUTBID*
FALSE DAL UFA 1464 - Kemal Ishmael - S $787,500 DAL
FALSE DAL UFA 1165 - Jason Verrett - CB $683,333 DAL
FALSE DAL UFA 1474 - Kendrick Norton - 34DT $487,500 DAL
FALSE DAL Resign 1138 - Jamize Olawale - FB $834,750 DAL
TRUE HOU UFA 5000 - Phillip "PJ" Walker - QB $733,333 HOU
FALSE HOU UFA 2014 - Ricardo Louis - WR $683,333 HOU
FALSE HOU Resign 2397 - Tyrell Adams - ILB $649,250 HOU
FALSE LAC UFA 1866 - Nick O'Leary - TE $683,333 LAC
FALSE LAC Resign 1177 - Jaylen Watkins - S $724,333 LAC
TRUE LAC UFA 0253 - Brandon Carr - CB $870,833 *OUTBID*
TRUE LAC UFA 1732 - Max Garcia - LG $683,333 *OUTBID*
FALSE LVR UFA 1021 - Isaiah Crowell - RB $683,333 LVR

13 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

***FREE AGENT BIDDING ROUND 11 RESULTS***

Rosters are updated.....Round 12 deadline is tomorrow (Monday).