2010s Horror - Official FF BMET (Polling Open!)

Deadpulse

2010's Horror Representative  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Best Horror Movie of the 2010's to present

• IT: Chapter 1
    • Get Out
    • A Quiet Place
    • Annihilation
    • Midsommar
    • The Conjuring
    • The Babadook
    • Halloween (2018)
    • The Witch
    • The Wailing
    • Hereditary
    • Train To Busan
    • Kill List
    • It Follows
    • Happy Death Day
    • Split
    • Cabin in the Woods

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/17/2020 at 11:00 PM

Only movie on this list I've seen is A Quiet Place. I voted for it because I liked, but feel free to discount that vote on the merits that I'm entirely unqualified to vote in this. On the flip side, the United States of America lets Florida pick the President, so there may be a precedent here. 

My dilemma is that while Kill List is certainly my favorite movie of the bunch, with The Wailing a little bit behind, i feel like genre-wise i may have to vote for a more traditional horror flick for the purposes of this competition.

Will probably end up voting for Babadook or Hereditary as those were - to me - the best blend of quality and genre conformity. 

19 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Cool idea and pool no doubt, but jumping the gun looking down the road, how do you legitimize it when all of these movies below are better than any movie in the 2000s?  And only one can be nominated from each time frame?  That is criminal honestly.  It should be top 50 overall, then top 10 and picked from that not by freaking time period or something...maybe other genres will not matter as much and be more well rounded...

1980's
The Shining
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Evil Dead
Aliens
Friday the 13th
Hellraiser

1970s
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Exorcist
Alien
Halloween
Carrie

It is going to take till what next Christmas to complete all of this, and it will not be accurate because crap movies will move on because of time period and superior movies will be left behind because of increased competition in their time period.  

And in the 1990s if film school drop outs get their way, Silence of the Lambs and Misery would not be horror movies.  Then for the 1990s The Blair Witch Project wins?  Hopefully Jacob's Ladder I guess.  The Sixth Sense I can see as a Thriller but not Silence of the Lambs, Misery maybe but really no on that as well, and yes Scream is a horror movie and if only because there are very few in the 90s time frame.  

I think Phantasm could be included in the 70's, and I certainly think that "Stir of Echoes" should be considered in the 90's as well.