1940s and earlier SciFi - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the FINAL entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Sci-Fi movie from the 1940s and earlier!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. POSTERS WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE NOMINATIONS. If you nominate more than 5 I will only count the top five. The changes in edited posts will not be counted. Nominations will close Friday, 3/20/2020 at 3pm EST. 

@Calvert28 @THE DUKE @FinneasGage @FourThreeMafia  @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

Frankenstein
The Bride of Frankenstein (even though both combined is only 2 hours and 25 minutes)

Odd to say them because they are both vintage horror but if Godzilla is one...  then way after those would be Metropolis.  If I wanted to watch only one movie and it was between one of the Frankenstein films and Metropolis, I don't think I would ever pick Metropolis over those.  Metropolis is creative and groundbreaking but is very hard to get through all the way from start to end.  It is more a musical for obvious reasons and the story is a little overrated based on the social context/visual meaning, people geeking out over that alone regardless of is it actually entertaining or not...

Very poor group of movies once more no question.

42 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

It is more a musical for obvious reasons and the story is a little overrated based on the social context/visual meaning, people geeking out over that alone regardless of is it actually entertaining or not...

Very poor group of movies once more no question.

no, it's not obvious at all. DO explain.

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  It’s a silent film.  

I mean look, we're all going to have different tastes, and while many of the "tastes" sadden me, it is what it is.    But such a patently ignorant, false comment should be disqualifying to participate.  It's obvious he has neither watched the film nor knows what he talks about when he determines what makes a film good or not.

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  It’s a silent film.  

Yeah I do not own the original unedited copy like you probably do, sorry.  Cannot imagine how boring it must be with no sound at all.  But no it is the best film in the history of cinema, my bad.

And of course you will not nominate Frankenstein for obvious spite.  If anyone is omitting something it is you for not nominating a film like Frankenstein or The Bride of Frankenstein.  So now I should freak out like you do and go ha ha?

Edited by Ozzy

Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde (the Spencer Tracy one from 1941)
Frankenstein

That's all I got.  Didn't we decide King Kong would be classified as fantasy?  And a Trip to the Moon sucks, even by silent film standards.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde (the Spencer Tracy one from 1941)
Frankenstein

That's all I got.  Didn't we decide King Kong would be classified as fantasy?  And a Trip to the Moon sucks, even by silent film standards.

King Kong is 100% fantasy.

Metropolis

Frankenstein

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah I do not own the original unedited copy like you probably do, sorry.  Cannot imagine how boring it must be with no sound at all.  But no it is the best film in the history of cinema, my bad.

And of course you will not nominate Frankenstein for obvious spite.  If anyone is omitting something it is you for not nominating a film like Frankenstein or The Bride of Frankenstein.  So now I should freak out like you do and go ha ha?

Maybe the worst deflection I've ever seen.