• Can't Buy Me Love
    • Coming to America
    • Say Anything
    • An Officer and a Gentleman
    • Dirty Dancing
    • When Harry Met Sally
    • The Thing

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/2020 at 08:00 PM

In this thread we will be deciding the 4th entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Romance movie from the 1980s! 

Please see rules at the following thread:

Poll is up and there can only be one! Keep in mind the amount of votes the winner receives will help determine seeding in the bracket, so dont stop voting for the movie you think deserve the spot because its winning by a landslide, your vote will still count! Polling will close Thursday, 5/7/2020 at 4pm EST. 

@Calvert28  @Pickle Rick@Uncle Buck@THE DUKE    @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn

The Princess ******* Bride?  Holy **** that is absolutely awful result.  An Officer and a Gentleman is a far superior romance, The Princess Bride is fantasy movie and a **** one at that. 

For example Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves with Kevin Costner and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, was obviously not nominated for a romance but honestly it is a way better romance than The damn Princess Bride.  I do not care for the film obviously but it is not a romance, it is fantasy first and foremost.   

48 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The Princess ******* Bride?  Holy **** that is absolutely awful result.  An Officer and a Gentleman is a far superior romance, The Princess Bride is fantasy movie and a **** one at that. 

For example Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves with Kevin Costner and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, was obviously not nominated for a romance but honestly it is a way better romance than The damn Princess Bride.  I do not care for the film obviously but it is not a romance, it is fantasy first and foremost.   

18Z1.gif

27 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

18Z1.gif

This is how people should feel after watching that movie.

tenor.gif?itemid=14101393

Or people could feel like this after watching it like I did.  Freaking romance, yeah right!

6k0EzuM.gif

giphy-downsized-18.gif?resize=383,219&ss

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

The plot is literally about true love. That is the point of the whole story. Wesley and Buttercup's love drives the whole plot of the movie.

It is a love story, or romance, that takes place in a fantasy setting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

The plot is literally about true love. That is the point of the whole story. Wesley and Buttercup's love drives the whole plot of the movie.

It is a love story, or romance, that takes place in a fantasy setting.

Almost every movie has a love relationship in it, and just because it does should not make it a movie so great that it wins out of a decade worth of romance films.  I disliked the movie greatly and think it is wildly overrated, so that does not help.  Still I do not call it a romance and neither does IMDb or wikipedia.  It is fantasy, family, adventure, and comedy.  Those are the categories I would put it in over romance all day long, but obviously that is just me.  

Clearly with Coming to America coming in currently at 2nd in romance category for the 1980s, people either do not watch romance films and or just vote for the one they liked and thought was funny instead of fitting it to the category of romance.  By this vote count what this damn movie will be a #1 seed in this category, pathetic and obviously no one watches romances films at all and can barely nominate any of note.