1950s Romance - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the 7th entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Romance movie from the 1950s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. POSTERS WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE NOMINATIONS. If you nominate more than 5 I will only count the top five. The changes in edited posts will not be counted. Nominations will close Wednesday, 5/13/2020 at 5pm EST. 

@Calvert28@Uncle Buck @THE DUKE   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

Roman Holiday is the #1 seed in comedy which is a freaking joke itself, Roman Holiday is a romance and should be nominated here but cannot.  Still it is the #1 seed as a comedy, insane.  Honestly Roman Holiday would absolute win this 1950s romance category no question about it.  

I would say these then...

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof 
The King and I  
Sleeping Beauty
Cinderella

The King and I

Some like it hot

A Star is Born (Judy Garland Version)

Cat on a hot tin roof

East of eden

Weirdly enough, I've seen a ton of 50s and pre-50s romance movies. Dated a girl right after college who loved them.

Sunset Blvd.  Lol.  Just kidding.  Hated that movie.  Way too romantic. 

Let's see here.  I'll try to make a serious list based on my own personal favorites. 

1. To Catch A Thief
2. The African Queen
3. Diabolique
4. The Night of the Hunter
5. Forbidden Planet

At least one of them should count as romance. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Sunset Blvd.  Lol.  Just kidding.  Hated that movie.  Way too romantic. 

Let's see here.  I'll try to make a serious list based on my own personal favorites. 

1. To Catch A Thief
2. The African Queen
3. Diabolique
4. The Night of the Hunter
5. Forbidden Planet

At least one of them should count as romance. 

The African Queen would qualify in my book.  Great movie.

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

1)  Gidget
2)  Sabrina
3)  Roman Holiday
4)  Loving You
5)  From Here to Eternity

Damn forgot Sabrina, then again she did try and kill herself early in the film which was awful.  But good solid movie, not wildly romantic though but worth including.  But not sure two nominations gets in it but will throw mine out there.

Sabrina added to my list of other four nominations please.

• Like 1