1940s and earlier Romance - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the 8th entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Romance movie from the 1940s and earlier!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. POSTERS WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE NOMINATIONS. If you nominate more than 5 I will only count the top five. The changes in edited posts will not be counted. Nominations will close Friday, 5/15/2020 at 5pm EST. 

@Calvert28@Uncle Buck @THE DUKE   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

Casablanca  
Gone with the Wind
The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Not a huge fan of those last two, not even sure The Hunchback of Notre Dame is a romance honestly but maybe I guess.  Casablanca easily wins this one though, or should.

If Gone with the Wind wins I swear to... I swear I won't be happy. 

The greatest trick that movie ever pulled was being **** long, so ****ing long and boring and pointless that all people do is watch the first ten minutes, then the last ten minutes and say, "Oh my God it was such a great epic!" just so they can pretend they sat through that pretentious drivel. 

I wanted to cry throughout the entire movie.  Not because it was an emotional experience, but because I didn't want it to continue. 

Casablanca was enjoyable. 
Gone with the Wind was a chore. 

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If Gone with the Wind wins I swear to... I swear I won't be happy. 

The greatest trick that movie ever pulled was being **** long, so ****ing long and boring and pointless that all people do is watch the first ten minutes, then the last ten minutes and say, "Oh my God it was such a great epic!" just so they can pretend they sat through that pretentious drivel. 

I wanted to cry throughout the entire movie.  Not because it was an emotional experience, but because I didn't want it to continue. 

Casablanca was enjoyable. 
Gone with the Wind was a chore. 

Gone With the Wind sucks.  And I'm southern af.

Casablanca is a classic.

Casablanca is clearly the superior film, but I love Gone with the Wind.  Rhett Butler kicking Scarlett O'Hara to the curb is one of the most satisfying endings of all time.  It's almost more like a mini-series all viewed at once than a traditional movie.