1980s Fantasy - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the 4th entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Fantasy movie from the 1980s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. POSTERS WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE NOMINATIONS. If you nominate more than 5 I will only count the top five. The changes in edited posts will not be counted. Nominations will close Monday, 6/8/2020 at 4:00pm EST. 

@Calvert28@Uncle Buck @THE DUKE   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

Hard call here but this is what I got.

Stalker 
Conan The Barbarian 
The Little Mermaid

Conan The Destroyer 
Labyrinth

Labyrinth was pretty out there but at least worth a nomination I guess, both Conan films were wildly unique and outstandingly original.  I would say Stalker should take it, and sure cartoons I am not sold on those being nominated but hard to go against The Little Mermaid.  

5 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Beetlejuice

Gremlins

Back to the Future

Field of Dreams

Ghostbusters

Never thought of Field of Dreams, that is a good one and a really great movie.  Back to the Future I guess fits possibly even though it might be more Sci Fi/adventure.  Beetlejuice I liked just did not love the movie and Ghostbusters to me is a comedy but I guess could be called fantasy as well.

Have people honestly not seen Stalker before?  

• Like 1

Willow

Ghostbusters

The Neverending Story

Nausica of the Valley of the Wind (just because it has another nom and a Miyazaki movie needs to make it)

Kikyo's Delivery Service (because it's the one that should)

Ooh, I forgot about The Secret of NIMH.  And I really shouldn't have: my middle brother has the owl tattooed on his stomach.  Think I'll stick with my five for now though.

The Fox and the Hound, The Great Mouse Detective, and An American Tale as well...this decade is pretty tough.  I might have to change it up.

Edited by Daniel