25 members have voted

1. 1. 1960s vs 1980s

• Psycho (1)
    • The Shining (3)
  2. 2. 1970s vs 1990s

• The Exorcist (5)
    • The Silence of the Lambs (2)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/11/2020 at 08:00 PM

Welcome to the Bracket Phase of the Football's Future Best Movie Ever Tournament! You can see the results and links for the nomination and polling for our entrants in the master thread:

The first bracket in this phase will be Horror. See the bracket bellow:

1960s Psycho (1)        
2000s 28 Days Later (8)   Psycho (1)    

1980s The Shining (3)   The Shining (3)    
2010s IT: Chapter 1 (6)        
    Horror  
1940s and earlier Nosferatu (4)        
1970s The Exorcist (5)   The Exorcist (5)    

1950s Invasion of the Body Snatchers (7)   Silence of the Lambs (2)    
1990s Silence of the Lambs (2)        

FF only allows three questions at a time so first round voting will be 2 matchups at once, subsequent rounds will be all at once. Seeding is 1-8 and denoted in parentheses next to the title. Voting will end Saturday, 7/11/2020 at 4pm. 

@Calvert28@Uncle Buck @THE DUKE   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

You're all going to let a thriller beat out the greatest horror movie of all time?

Silence of Lambs is a thriller.  I'll go down fighting that one. 

Alien didn't actually make it for its decade.

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

You're all going to let a thriller beat out the greatest horror movie of all time?

Silence of Lambs is a thriller.  I'll go down fighting that one. 

Exorcist is a better horror movie but this tournament is for the best movie. I ended up going Exorcist too, but i can't fault anyone for voting for SotL, especially since this might be their only chance. 

22 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Silence of the Lambs is beating The Exorcist for BEST HORROR.

all these genre's are getting dumped into one bracket at the end anyways. The Genre was just an organizational method really, IMO you should be voting for whichever is the best movie, not the best fit. It would be a shame if a flick didnt win best movie at the end simply because it didn't fit enough people's idea of genre constraints as opposed to how good it was. 

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

all these genre's are getting dumped into one bracket at the end anyways. The Genre was just an organizational method really, IMO you should be voting for whichever is the best movie, not the best fit. It would be a shame if a flick didnt win best movie at the end simply because it didn't fit enough people's idea of genre constraints as opposed to how good it was. 

I see what you're saying. But in the end, do we really want SotL being written down in the history books as beating The Exorcist in a horror category?

• Like 1

I am kind of surprised about how close The Exorcist and The Silence of the Lambs are.  Both great films and mind you The Silence of the Lambs has one of the best true villains in any film, I love the original Manhunter film for example but the Hannibal totally sucks compared to the Anthony Hopkins version.  Brian Cox is a good actor but the entire vibe was just off and the Hannibal character was such an afterthought in that amazing original Manhunter film.  The Silence of the Lambs really brings him out and that play between he and Jodie is great.  Would have been curious if Jodie would have been in the 2nd one Hannibal that turned out to completely suck.  Still in terms of pure horror movie The Exorcist is more disturbing and scary so I went with that.