Official FF BMET - Thriller Bracket Finals

Deadpulse

Thriller Finals  

26 members have voted

1. 1. 1970s vs 1980s

• Jaws (1)
    • Die Hard (2)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/07/2020 at 04:00 PM

Welcome to the Bracket Phase of the Football's Future Best Movie Ever Tournament! You can see the results and links for the nomination and polling for our entrants in the master thread:

See the bracket bellow:

1970s Jaws (1)        
1940s and Earlier The Maltese Falcon (8)   Jaws (1)    

1990s Se7en (3)   Se7en (3)    
1960s Bullit (6)       Jaws (1)
    Thriller  
2000s No Country for Old Men (5)       Die Hard (2)
1950s Rear Window (4)   No Country for Old Men (5)    

2010s The Town (7)   Die Hard (2)    
1980s Die Hard (2)        

FF only allows three questions at a time so first round voting will be 2 matchups at once, subsequent rounds will be all at once. Seeding is 1-8 and denoted in parentheses next to the title. Voting will end Friday, 8/7/2020 at 12pm. 

@Calvert28@Uncle Buck @THE DUKE   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

Please note the early close time on Friday! I will be at a wedding this weekend and the likelihood I update this is slim. When I post the start of the next bracket, I will likely throw that up extra long until Monday. Thanks for understanding. 

Had to go with Jaws, Die Hard is more entertaining and or funny maybe because of the jokes and what not.  But the terror, suspense and thrill Jaws brings, blows Die Hard out of the water honestly.  Many more memorable scenes in it I feel than Die Hard.  Did something absolutely never done before, Die Hard did not do that, foreign terrorists in a movie, not a one of a kind event in any way.  

Die Hard is a better movie all around.  Jaws has a lot of slow, boring sections to go through, and nowadays, the rubber shark looks pretty silly.  Die Hard is an action movie that moves almost from start to finish with a great villian and an equally good hero.  Die Hard was one of the better movies of it's decade, IMO.