2021 TCMD - Inside the Locker

ny92mike

7 hours ago, T-rade said:

How close do we have to stay to the APY with extensions and restructures?? 

@T-rade

Extensions, the APY has to be met in order for the contract to be valid and accepted.   For Restructures, the formula should calculate things, so the main piece is meeting the vet minimum.  As @ny92mike each team has a set amount of total salary cap that they can restructure.

3 hours ago, Cbrunn said:

The apy is the minimum of the contract. You basically can't go any lower then that.

You can exceed it (like when bidding on FAs)

During FA the APY will drop by a certain % every I think it's 2 rounds.

Hopefully that helps

As @Cbrunnnoted, you can go over the APY, but you don't need to for extensions as you are only bidding against yourself.....BUT you can't be below the APY.   For UFA (unrestricted free agents) you can be over by as much as you want or feel is needed to be awarded that player.   If you are below the APY, your contract will be invalid and not considered.

The APY will drop each round for all APY, 10% for each round.

Tag me if that does not answer your questions or if it sparks more of them.

Alright guys I've just finished up with the new workbooks.  Will be sending them out shortly.

Also, if I haven't received the tag notification to let me know you're still with us.  You will not be receiving a workbook.  I believe the only one I'm missing is @dcat but will verify, so please let me know asap.

More notifications to follow.

Thanks

Mike 

@LuckyNumber11 @whodatOL @mike23md @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @cortes02 @D82 @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @pwny @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @dcat @FinneasGage @Uncle Buck @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @Heymangold @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14

• Like 4

I think there is a small error in the workbooks at the Restructures. I have just tested the Restructure for Grady Jarrett and IMO due to his proportionally guaranteed Base Salary his Cap hit is not reduced correctly. The guaranteed amount is still added to the first year. According to spotrac, a full Base Salary Restructure would lower his cap hit by $6,255,000, but as you can see in the picture the cap hit only lowers by $4,005,000. The difference is exactly the 50% of the guaranteed base salary.

Select Player to Extend
0949 - Grady Jarrett - 43DT
Enter "New" 2021 Base Salary Amount $990,000
Base salary amount must be between vet min and current base salary amount.
Restructure Data  
Fixed Contract Length 2
Base Salary Converted to Bonus $12,510,000
Proration of Converted Base Salary $6,255,000
2021 Base Gtd Converted to Proration $2,250,000
Total amount converted to proration $8,505,000
Contract Structured Criteria  
Player Name Validation Pass
Restructure Allotment Pass
Vet. Min Ruling Pass
Valid Restructured Contract
2021 Savings: $4,005,000
2022 Savings: -$8,505,000
Restructure Allotment $12,357,000
2021 Salary Cap -$10,150,151

Cap Number Contract Terms
$19,000,000 2yr / $41,000,000
$22,000,000  

Cap Number Contract Terms
$14,995,000 2 yr / $45,500,000
$30,505,000  

Just now, ny92mike said:

New workbooks.  I know it sucks because you'll have to redo any bids and trade block.

It's fine, you're good on that. I just wanted to be clear (and hopefully that answers for other people as well). 

• Like 2

We need to add the following people to our trade block:

Cooper

Gallup

Zeke

Conner Williams

Jaylon

DLaw

Additionally, we need to know the rules about structuring and restructuring contracts. Specifically if there are rules on how much we have to pay per year. IE can we give Dak a Mahomes type contract and skate through the first couple years with minor hits? Probably not 10 year $450m, but 10 year $40m/yr.

Also, if anyone responds, thank you. My "GM" @D82 is useless and I am starting a rebellion. I shall reward you greatly when I take out Des and wear the crown. 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We need to add the following people to our trade block:

Cooper

Gallup

Zeke

Conner Williams

Jaylon

DLaw

Additionally, we need to know the rules about structuring and restructuring contracts. Specifically if there are rules on how much we have to pay per year. IE can we give Dak a Mahomes type contract and skate through the first couple years with minor hits? Probably not 10 year $450m, but 10 year $40m/yr.

Also, if anyone responds, thank you. My "GM" @D82 is useless and I am starting a rebellion. I shall reward you greatly when I take out Des and wear the crown. 

I think you should add prices too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

I think you should add prices too

Asking price for trading? That stuff used to be all done via pm's with negotiations. I cant speak for the rest of everyone else, but I would imagine most of those guys the proce would be a 2nd rounder.

2 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

@Matts4313  Hit me up if you need help with the workbooks.

I know Mike,  Squire, and bowser will also gladly help.. but I know they are working their tails off just to get this up and running.

I should probably read the OP, but a link with rules on how to do stuff would be nice. Do we add to the trade worksheets directly or go through someone running it? 

I already tagged @squire12 in the Cowboys forum, but that lil meanie ignored me. Squire when you get back from your appointment, come do all the work for me.  I will expect it all in mafia/spreadsheet form. OK, cool!

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Asking price for trading? That stuff used to be all done via pm's with negotiations. I cant speak for the rest of everyone else, but I would imagine most of those guys the proce would be a 2nd rounder.

I should probably read the OP, but a link with rules on how to do stuff would be nice. Do we add to the trade worksheets directly or go through someone running it? 

I already tagged @squire12 in the Cowboys forum, but that lil meanie ignored me. Squire when you get back from your appointment, come do all the work for me.  I will expect it all in mafia/spreadsheet form. OK, cool!

Yeah negotiations through pm’s but rough price can be listed on docs. These are controlled by individuals running the teams and can view whole leagues trade blocks.

don’t have to put a value on and it’s normally a starter for 10 and a conversation starter 

Bengals have updated their trade block. Here's a mix of good players and stiffs:

0945 - Giovani Bernard - RB
0345 - C.J. Uzomah - TE
0225 - Billy Price - C
2139 - Sam Hubbard - 43DE
1233 - Jessie Bates III - S
2458 - Vonn Bell - S
0642 - Darius Phillips - CB
2326 - Trae Waynes - CB
0822 - Drew Sample - TE
2400 - Tyler Boyd - WR
1789 - Michael Jordan - LG
0245 - Bobby Hart - RT