Dorsey a genius????

Keylargobrownie

7 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

By contrast, Sashi is probably a legitimate genius.  Dorsey comes off as a meathead, but he appears to be really good at his job.  At least the player acquisition part...

Dorsey is likely a sharp, sharp guy, he just sounds oafish, so we bust his balls.  

My my only reservation with Dorsey is now is the easy part.  Hella cap space, hella picks, top 5 picks, etc.. Can he reign in the desire to sign old guys that hampered him a bit in KC.

Dude does know how to construct a roster though.

7 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I do hope that a guy like Dorsey can co-exist with a guy like DePo.  We'll see if there is a pending power struggle.  Wouldn't shock me.

Agreed, they both can benefit from one another.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Kind of a misleading stat.  195 snaps is great, but he’s if he’s yet to miss a tackle, that would make him 14/14.

Still great, but not as sensationalized as “195 SNAPS!!!!”.

Even more interesting, I had him missing two tackles this year on my game charting. One tackle missed against the Jets and one against the Steelers... I have no clue what they are watching.

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Even more interesting, I had him missing two tackles this year on my game charting. One tackle missed against the Jets and one against the Steelers... I have no clue what they are watching.

Dude, are you really charting every player for every game?  If so, do you find a way to get paid for it?  If not, you are a better fan than I am.

As far as Randall, I saw your other posts that you're not a fan.  I haven't charted any games (nor will I), but the guy looks legit to me. He sticks out (in a good way) in every game so far.  He's not Ed Reed, but he's a solid FS.

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

By contrast, Sashi is probably a legitimate genius.  Dorsey comes off as a meathead, but he appears to be really good at his job.  At least the player acquisition part...

I do hope that a guy like Dorsey can co-exist with a guy like DePo.  We'll see if there is a pending power struggle.  Wouldn't shock me.

Why would there be a power struggle tho? Dorsey holds the power. IfDorsey didn’t believe in his methods or didn’t find value in them, he could of easily gotten rid of him

23 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Dude, are you really charting every player for every game?  If so, do you find a way to get paid for it?  If not, you are a better fan than I am.

As far as Randall, I saw your other posts that you're not a fan.  I haven't charted any games (nor will I), but the guy looks legit to me. He sticks out (in a good way) in every game so far.  He's not Ed Reed, but he's a solid FS.

I'm Definitely not charting every player every game, but charting Major Events (i.e., Big run given up by defense - who's responsible?, Missed tackles - who's responsible? INT - Is it on the QB or WR or scheme?).

That type of stuff is easy to do especially when you rewatch games a few times.

I definitely wish I could get paid to watch and breakdown football... lol.

To be fair, I had FS and upgrading on Randall far down the list of priorities.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on Randall as I don't think he's playing well.

It's hard to be too harsh on him b/c it's hard to know how much of his play is due to injury versus not. He's been solid at times, but he's given up some big runs b/c of poor angles as well as missed his responsibility to prevent middle of the field passes and/or quick hitters from going for big chunks.

It will be interesting to see how he continues to perform as he gets healthier.

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Oh, we're just talking personal opinion? I thought we were talking like, consensus ratings. In that case...

Guys we should've taken over Chubb/Corbett (I disliked the Chubb pick WAY more than the Corbett one in the modern NFL.) - Harold Landry, Courtland Sutton, Anthony Miller, Derrius Guice, Will Hernandez, Brian O'Neill, Nathan Shepherd.

My point was there's weren't many players rated above Corbett that were a fit for us and only 2 OL.

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I was with you until you said QB in round 3.  Did you mean CB?

I meant QB. My point being we need a better no2 QB than Stanton for next year. He looks frail with his knee brace, and isn't that good despite a winning record. 
Id get a QB in the 3rd if we hadn't gotten a decent back up in FA, and there was value there. Id take a QB over every need a part from OL/DL

At this point it’s too early to say what should need or want, but DL will likely be a contender for round one just based on the talent available.

CB will be a need, but Ward and Mitchell have been great thus far.

Mitchell has looked good, I hopefully he continues preform and mitigate a need to draft a CB early. 

LB could use some juice imo.  I like Avery, Schobert has played well and Kirksey is consistent, but there’s no game changer really.  Collins has been a dud thus far. 

If history is any indication, Dorsey will likely draft and OL every year, and rightfully so.  Neither Hubbard or Harrison are established studs and our depth is sketchy as hell.  I’d be shocked if we don’t draft a tackle in the first two days.

I really like Scho play this year. Avery could already be our 2nd best pass rusher and 2nd best LB. Collins has looked awful, if he doesn't look better, then good riddance. I also wonder if his knee is shot, he has looked slow, and also if he is a 3-4 ILB almost exclusively. 

LB is a position I wouldn't take in the 1st round, our best 2 are from round 4 & 5. Id sooner draft two guys in round 3-6 and let them compete for a spot or as a back up. Also JBJ has looked good again this year, the guy is our fastest LB, Id have both him and Avery start over Collins. 

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How about @zelbell, god knows he’s not too busy moderating....

@Thomas5737 is mildly amusing once in a blue moon.  Perhaps he could channel a bit of his mediocre humor and put it to use.

@Fatgerman is fat.  And German.  So he’s got that going for him.  He could do it.

@Bonanza23 could use it as an opportunity to discuss his meat boiler.

@Kiwibrown could do it, but he doesn’t speak English.

@Mega Ron is new, so maybe he should do it and we could make fun of him for messing it up.

@ReggieCamp is overdue.

@ditchdigger could, but he’s probably having to do the Seahawks GDT as it’s just him and @showtime over there.

@NateDawg I’m sure has nothing better to do.  He’s always an option.

@pnies20 could do it and dedicate it to Larry Ogunjobi and Saquon Barkely.

@candyman93 is overdue.

@bosko1616 could do it and give us some more of the baby monitor deets.

@buno67 could do it and make it super optimistic.

@NudeTayne can give us a victory lap. 

@MistaBohmbastic can do it, he rocks.

@Aztec Hammer can put down his tea and strumpets and put one together.

@malibuspeedrace this is a chance to sway some votes for the forum HOF next year.

@Reginaldm9 could do one and dedicate to Flash and Art.

@brownie man could use it as an opportunity to show everyone his new sig?

@freakygeniuskid can be distracted by it while we figure out ways around the language filter.

@Mind Character could throw a 5-6k work thread together in no time.

@TheeRealDeal perhaps a chart/breakdown/study of our opponent?

@DawgX is overdue.

@DaWg_LB. this is a chance to go crazy with gifs...

@BleedTheClock stop being a jerk and do it.

@mistakey is overdue.

I have never done a GDT and I am not a very humorous guy. I enjoy reading all the lulz but I have never been very good at it, but I suppose I could bite the bullet and do a GDT this year but it will have to be mid November or later.

4 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I have never done a GDT and I am not a very humorous guy. I enjoy reading all the lulz but I have never been very good at it, but I suppose I could bite the bullet and do a GDT this year but it will have to be mid November or later.

You're seriously overselling to yourself the amount of time and energy people are putting into these GDTs. 

4 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

You're seriously overselling to yourself the amount of time and energy people are putting into these GDTs. 

That's the entire point. Ya'll are naturally funny therefore it takes not time or energy.

Also, I assure you I do not need until mid November to work up a GDT. I just don't have any time to do it this time of year. I pretty much have about 6-8 hours of free time per week right now and somehow I have to fit showers, yardwork, and errands and naps into that small window.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

You mean that you do not choose to make time to do it.

Get 'em, Bruce! ? 

2 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

That's the entire point. Ya'll are naturally funny looking therefore it takes not time or energy.

Also, I assure you I do not need until mid November to work up a GDT. I just don't have any time to do it this time of year. I pretty much have about 6-8 hours of free time per week right now and somehow I have to fit showers, yardwork, and errands and naps into that small window.

You are no @bruceb, true. 

And you've isolated the time drainers; just stop showers, yard work, errands and naps. You got this. 

Archived