2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Sold? I think Dalton has had more consistent success in his career, his experience, imo, is better. Sold? Nope. Content with him being a plug ? Yep.

You essentially decided to go with the exponentially lower ceiling to obtain pretty much the exact same floor and saved maybe a couple bucks for a team drowning in cap space. 

On 2/15/2020 at 12:55 PM, ny92mike said:

IMPORTANT READ

SCHEDULE CHANGE

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L4GNQA1VwE6bQV0VvRYeJCN2yqExO852fnOa_-aa9iw/edit?usp=sharing

I've changed the deadline dates starting in Round 4 so that the bidding rounds are taking place every 2 days rather than 3.  I've also changed the deadline time to 8 pm eastern.  

This NFL Draft start date does not change

Round 4 Free Agency Bidding (30% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Tues, Feb. 18th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results - Tues, Feb. 18th @ 9pm

Round 5 Free Agency Bidding (40% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Thurs, Feb. 20th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results – Thurs, Feb. 20th @ 9pm

Round 6 Free Agency Bidding (50% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Sat, Feb. 22nd @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results – Sat, Feb. 22nd @ 9pm

Round 7 Free Agency Bidding (60% APY decrease)

• Reserve Bid Trigger requirement is removed

• Deadline to have contracts created – Mon, Feb. 24th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results – Mon, Feb. 24th @ 10pm

Round 8 Free Agency Bidding (70% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Wed, Feb. 26th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results - Wed, Feb. 26th @ 9pm

Round 9 Free Agency Bidding (80% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Fri, Feb. 28th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results – Fri, Feb. 28th @ 9pm

Round 10 Free Agency Bidding (90% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Sun, March 1st @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results - Sun, March 1st @ 9pm

NFL Draft Start Date and Times

• Tues, March 3rd @ 10am est.

• 40 minutes allotted for each pick in all 7 rounds.

Round 11 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min/1 year contract)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Thurs, March 5th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results – Thurs, March 5th @ 9pm

Round 12 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min/1 year contract)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Sat, March 7th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results – Sat, March 7th @ 9pm

Arizona CardinalsARI@LuckyNumber11 Atlanta FalconsATL @EaglesPeteC  Baltimore RavensBAL@ravens5520 Buffalo BillsBUF @squire12 Carolina PanthersCAR@PR Chicago BearsCHI @BowserBroncos  Cincinnati BengalsCIN@sparky151 Cleveland BrownsCLE@cortes02 Dallas CowboysDAL@D82 Denver BroncosDEN@BowserBroncos@FRock24Detroit LionsDET@winitall Green Bay PackersGB@squire12 Houston TexansHOU@jch1911 Indianapolis ColtsIND@Counselor Jacksonville JaguarsJAC@Trojan Kansas City ChiefsKC@samsel23@TedLavieLos Angeles ChargersLAC@wwhickok Los Angeles RamsLAR@jrry32@yoinesh123Miami DolphinsMIA@mountainpd Minnesota VikingsMIN@MikeT14 New Orleans SaintsNO@whodatOL New England PatriotsNE@Deadpulse New York GiantsNYG@YogiBiz@ny92mikeNew York JetsNYJ@KingOfTheDot Las Vegas RaidersLVR@DTMW78 Philadelphia EaglesPHI@EaglesPeteC Pittsburgh SteelersPIT@Cbrunn San Francisco 49ersSF@Justone2 Seattle SeahawksSEA@Juan7637 Tampa Bay BuccaneersTB @whodatOLTennessee TitansTEN@bcb1213 Washington RedskinsWAS@mike23md

Bump

Definitely feels good seeing that my contract for DJ Humphries APY was very close to the one he just got in real life. I definitely feel like that’s one that people outside Arizona may not have understood. Hump had an outstanding year last year, and our offensive line was pretty solid last year. The metrics may not show it because Kyler went through a period where we was very indecisive and the OLine’s numbers certainly suffered from it. I’m not saying they’re top 10 by any means, but we are going to be returning a middle third offensive line, plus the added depth that Fleming brings. Very happy with the offensive line I’ve built even though it’s by no means sexy 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Definitely feels good seeing that my contract for DJ Humphries APY was very close to the one he just got in real life. I definitely feel like that’s one that people outside Arizona may not have understood. Hump had an outstanding year last year, and our offensive line was pretty solid last year. The metrics may not show it because Kyler went through a period where we was very indecisive and the OLine’s numbers certainly suffered from it. I’m not saying they’re top 10 by any means, but we are going to be returning a middle third offensive line, plus the added depth that Fleming brings. Very happy with the offensive line I’ve built even though it’s by no means sexy 

I don't think anybody would criticize you for it. He's 26 years old, is a starting caliber LT, and has shown flashes of being a quality starter. It's hard to walk away from that with the scarcity at that position.

• Like 1

Anyone still up?

Needed someone to send my bids in early to just in case @YogiBiz doesn't show, haven't heard from him in a few days.

Sent them in to @jrry32 but if you are around and want to change the bids feel free just didn't want to go into the 4th round without any bids in.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Yeah really like that signing. Would have been one of my targets in the upcoming round.