2000s Horror - Official FF BMET (Polling Thread)

Deadpulse

Best Horror Movie - 2000s  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Best Horror Movie - 2000s

• The Decent
    • The Ring
    • The Others
    • 28 Days Later
    • Let The Right One In
    • REC
    • Saw
    • The Strangers
    • Paranormal Activity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/20/2020 at 11:00 PM

In this thread we will be deciding the second entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Horror movie from the 2000s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Poll is up and there can only be one! Keep in mind the amount of votes the winner receives will help determine seeding in the bracket, so dont stop voting for the movie you think deserve the spot because its winning by a landslide, your vote will still count! Polling will close Thursday, 2/20/2020 at 6pm EST. 

Disappointed The Orphanage didn't make the cut cause I thought it was amazing.

This came down to Saw, and 28 Days Later for me.

The Others had a really interesting twist to it, probably the best outside of Saw of course. But lacked in a few other areas where it just didn't set itself apart as something truly unique. Acting was on par with the others.

I would say the acting in all these movies were not really out of this world, nor was the directing and ideas so I suppose it comes down to originality and impact which is difficult.

With that said im giving a small lean to 28 Days Later. In alot of ways it brought something completely new to the genre with marathon running zombies. I mean that alone spawned a dozen horror flicks. 

I did not vote for 'Let the Right One in' even though it is one of my favorite movies all time and easily the most artistic film in this entire group and it is not even close.  I just do not consider it a horror movie, it is a twisted childhood romance.  Who can be afraid of Eli honestly?  

97a653532f2d86b3bab569d28c603a70-700.jpg

She is adorable.

19 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I did not vote for 'Let the Right One in' even though it is one of my favorite movies all time and easily the most artistic film in this entire group and it is not even close.  I just do not consider it a horror movie, it is a twisted childhood romance.  Who can be afraid of Eli honestly?  

97a653532f2d86b3bab569d28c603a70-700.jpg

She is adorable.

that pool scene tho lol she was ruthless.

Just now, August4th said:

that pool scene tho lol she was ruthless.

Arguably the only downfall of that film was the flat out awful animation for that cat scene and the pool scene, with not much more work those shots could have been improved but they were on a budget of what $4.5 million American dollars, other than that it was freaking great with some amazing screenshots.  

2Q==2Q==Let-The-Right-One-In-2008-Lina-Leanderss

-yDavQvOB_w_4E7FuzlzoTqlOCzQwYZyHqyjYTrL

would-you-like-me.jpg

31729c3047de0dbab004f7fa483cf605.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

screenshots%20let%20the%20right%20one%20

let-the-right-one-in-01.jpg

Oof. I've seen more from this list. And I like multiple from this list for different reasons.

Saw is great. It was completely original (For me. If the idea had been done before, I don't know). It created an entire universe (or whatever) of an evil mastermind torturing folks in wholly unique, terrifying ways. And I love that the idea is transferrable, in terms of ways to implement it in other ways.

28 Days Later is one of my favorites. Zombies that are much more than the dumb, slogging after you monsters was great for the genre. Again, of it had been done before, I don't know. I know sentience has been done since then.

I also like that it showed some of the human v human nastiness that inevitably develops in a scenario like that.

The Strangers had some creepy moments. But the overall movie felt like it was more catered to be creepy toward the audience than Liv Tyler and dude. Like the scene where she's on the phone and you see one of the baddies peek around the corner. Great scary scene. But it definitely catered more to the audience than the story.

The Ring has one of the more visually terrifying monsters. But once you figure it out, it's meh. I couldn't watch it again now and appreciate it.

Paranormal Activity scared the everliving **** out of me. I hadn't seen Blair Witch yet and it was original to me. I left wanting more. And the one real jump scare was the very final scene. The slow build was A+. The sequels and spinoffs though...

The scene with the baby powder on the floor and the footprints/steps that woke everyone up and ended with the entity running out of the room and slamming the door still freaks me out.

Girlfriend (at the time) and I always slept with a fan at the end of our bed. The fan blew the sheet from my foot and I almost slept in the car. Same night we saw this in theatre.

Is The Others the one with the monster dragging the pitchfork across the makeshift hospital tent across the floor? If so, that's the only thing I remember about that movie and I watched it.

Paranormal Activity gets my vote.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I would say the acting in all these movies were not really out of this world, nor was the directing and ideas so I suppose it comes down to originality and impact which is difficult.

With horror, I try to pay more attention to the story and premise than the acting. Unless it's absolute garbage. You're not gonna get an all-star cast in a horror flick.

I used to Redbox every horror movie I could find. All B movies or worse. But I enjoyed parts of all of them. The stories of a lot of them could have definitely been made better. But the ideas were usually solid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Oof. I've seen more from this list. And I like multiple from this list for different reasons.

Saw is great. It was completely original (For me. If the idea had been done before, I don't know). It created an entire universe (or whatever) of an evil mastermind torturing folks in wholly unique, terrifying ways. And I love that the idea is transferrable, in terms of ways to implement it in other ways.

28 Days Later is one of my favorites. Zombies that are much more than the dumb, slogging after you monsters was great for the genre. Again, of it had been done before, I don't know. I know sentience has been done since then.

I also like that it showed some of the human v human nastiness that inevitably develops in a scenario like that.

The Strangers had some creepy moments. But the overall movie felt like it was more catered to be creepy toward the audience than Liv Tyler and dude. Like the scene where she's on the phone and you see one of the baddies peek around the corner. Great scary scene. But it definitely catered more to the audience than the story.

The Ring has one of the more visually terrifying monsters. But once you figure it out, it's meh. I couldn't watch it again now and appreciate it.

Paranormal Activity scared the everliving **** out of me. I hadn't seen Blair Witch yet and it was original to me. I left wanting more. And the one real jump scare was the very final scene. The slow build was A+. The sequels and spinoffs though...

The scene with the baby powder on the floor and the footprints/steps that woke everyone up and ended with the entity running out of the room and slamming the door still freaks me out.

Girlfriend (at the time) and I always slept with a fan at the end of our bed. The fan blew the sheet from my foot and I almost slept in the car. Same night we saw this in theatre.

Is The Others the one with the monster dragging the pitchfork across the makeshift hospital tent across the floor? If so, that's the only thing I remember about that movie and I watched it.

Paranormal Activity gets my vote.

The Others, is with Nicole Kidman and her 2 kids when they receive a trio of creepy house keepers who use to live in the house. A lot of weird things start happening after they arrive. I would definitely recommend! A good suspenseful movie 

• Like 1