2010s Drama - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the 1st entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Fantasy movie from the 2010s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. POSTERS WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE NOMINATIONS. If you nominate more than 5 I will only count the top five. The changes in edited posts will not be counted. Nominations will close Thursday, 6/18/2020 at 4:00pm EST. 

@Calvert28@Uncle Buck @THE DUKE   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

This is going to be flat out insane.  Tons of options in this one and yeah basically ever film could most likely be considered a drama potentially.

Black Swan 
The King's Speech   
12 Years a Slave 
Mary Magdalene 
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 

Not one of my nominations were even nominated yet?  PS Parasite is an awful film, so is Interstellar both are crazy over hyped,The Master and Birdman are nothing great either.

Missed the cut but many are well worth a nomination.

The Social Network
Stronger   
The Rider 
Fences
Rabbit Hole 
Zero Dark Thirty 
Sweet Country 
Eight Grade
Locke  
Fury
Calvary 
Lion
The Descendants 
Hell or High Water 
Roma 
Boyhood 
A Separation 
Silence   
The Hunt 
Blue is the Warmest Color 
Free State of Jones  
Southpaw 

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

PS Parasite is an awful film

Would love to hear a follow up here. I understand not liking it, or its themes missing the mark. But awful? Its well paced, well structured, and definitely well shot. Awful is quite the leap.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Would love to hear a follow up here. I understand not liking it, or its themes missing the mark. But awful? Its well paced, well structured, and definitely well shot. Awful is quite the leap.

Do yourself a favor and watch Ford V Ferrari.  To me that is a far superior film and was much more enjoyable to watch and should have won best picture.   Parasite was just weird to be weird honestly.  The Chaser is a much better film not to mention The Wailing, give me those foreign films over this crap show.  Parasite was odd, strange and disturbing big time.  To me it was not that well shot and the story is absolute crap and shows the worst in humanity not the best.  It won because it is odd, it did not win because it was so outstanding in any way.  They probably just wanted to have a foreign film win to show they are not biased and view all films equally.  Either way to me it was a crap *** film I would love if I never saw ever again.  Sad thing is the precedent it sets and one will sadly see more and more morally crap movies like this just to be odd and potentially win big at the Oscars.  

Maybe there is something to be said in the film with the overly rich and the poor but to me the story was absolute **** and it has close to zero redeeming qualities.  

10 hours ago, Ozzy said:

This is going to be flat out insane.  Tons of options in this one and yeah basically ever film could most likely be considered a drama potentially.

Black Swan 
The King's Speech   
12 Years a Slave 
Mary Magdalene 
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 

Hoping someone else noms TGWTDT I should have but thought of it as a thriller.

12 hours ago, animaltested said:

Quite.