27 members have voted

1. 1. 2000s vs 2010s

• The Dark Knight (1)
    • Mad Max: Fury Road (8)
  2. 2. 1980s vs 1940s and Earlier

• Predator (7)
    • The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (2)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/19/2020 at 08:00 PM

Welcome to the Bracket Phase of the Football's Future Best Movie Ever Tournament! You can see the results and links for the nomination and polling for our entrants in the master thread:

See the bracket bellow:

2000s

The Dark Knight (1)

2010s Mad Max Fury Road (8)        

1970s Enter The Dragon (3)        
1960s The Great Escape (6)        
    Action/Adventure  
1950s Seven Samurai (5)        
1990s Jurassic Park (4)        

1980s Predator (7)        
1940s and Earlier The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (2)        

FF only allows three questions at a time so first round voting will be 2 matchups at once, subsequent rounds will be all at once. Seeding is 1-8 and denoted in parentheses next to the title. Voting will end Wednesday, 8/19/2020 at 4pm. 

@Calvert28@Uncle Buck @THE DUKE   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

@Deadpulse,

The Predator is a terrible movie nobody should ever consider consider watching (double consider not an accident because you shouldn’t even consider considering it).  It is an abomination that stands as the single worst reboot, remake or sequel of anything from the 80’s.  It was literally like watching a 12 year old boy’s script.

Predator is an all-time great action movie.  

• Like 1

Also, really hoping Mad Max wins this one because The Dark Knight does not hold up well a decade on.  The ferry segment gets worse and worse and worse, and the rest of it isn’t enough to prop that up anymore.

Still visually fantastic as is everything from Nolan, but the dialogue and plot hold it back.

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, really hoping Mad Max wins this one because The Dark Knight does not hold up well a decade on.  The ferry segment gets worse and worse and worse, and the rest of it isn’t enough to prop that up anymore.

Still visually fantastic as is everything from Nolan, but the dialogue and plot hold it back.

tenor.gif?itemid=11642724

TDK and Predator.  Gave some thought to Treasure of the Sierra Madre, and I would have taken it over half this bracket, but Predator might win out for me in this one.  Tough call between it and Jurassic Park, we'll see how I go when/if the time comes.

A Predator/Jurassic Park finals would be the toughest decision possible.  Those are two movies that have never left my top 5 since the first time I watched them, and I can still vividly recall the first time I watched both of them.

I can’t even say that for The Thing because  I saw The Thing in bits and pieces before I was ever able (allowed) to watch it all the way through from start to finish.  

Mad Max Fury Road is the best full action movie ever made.  The thing is wall to wall action, I mean who thinks The Dark Knight has more action?  Honestly?  That stupid video game scenario in the towers and the boat crap, that was lame as hell.  

Know what was not lame, this....

giphy.gif

and this...

tumblr_npiydbDJ331thu0vyo1_640.gifv

and this...

tumblr_inline_o0jtvrGmGM1tcrqyq_500.gif

8th seed in a action adventure category, BS.  Take Heath out of The Dark Knight the film and it kind of sucks.  At least it is quality though so cannot be too upset about it like that ******* Princess Bride ****.  Damn that movie sucks ***.  

@Deadpulse

Not sure you linked everyone to vote on this one, I never got that notification.