Total Control GM Mock Draft Suggestions / Feedback

ny92mike

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Go for it. I'll check it and test it sometime today, most likely

Okay.  I added the column.  Using the drop down you can select a number from 01 - 50.

I still need to change the formula in the big board to account for this but until then you can sort the added column from low to high and it will reflect that in the big board.

• Like 1

Okay @downundermike just finished building this in your workbook.

How it works.

Design isn't all that but I think this will work for the time being.

In your workbook, I created 2 sheets.  DRAFT BOARD & BIG BOARD

To allow you the ability to sort and filter the prospects listing the entire section (columns H to X) are not protected.  Using column H (Big Board) you can select from the drop down which round you value the player.  Column I allows you to rank the prospect.  Like @Forge workbook I haven't set the formulas up to account for the added rank column but you can sort that column in the draft board and that should work for the time being.

I've linked the official draft board to this so it will auto update when players are drafted using columns A thru F.  The top section of the sheet is also linked to the official workbook.

The other sheet is called BIG BOARD, this is linked to what round options you select in the Draft Board sheet.

I'm leaving the house for a few hours but will be back later this evening to update the formulas for the Big Board sheet to match up with the rank column.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Thanks guys.  

10 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Okay @downundermike just finished building this in your workbook.

How it works.

Design isn't all that but I think this will work for the time being.

In your workbook, I created 2 sheets.  DRAFT BOARD & BIG BOARD

To allow you the ability to sort and filter the prospects listing the entire section (columns H to X) are not protected.  Using column H (Big Board) you can select from the drop down which round you value the player.  Column I allows you to rank the prospect.  Like @Forge workbook I haven't set the formulas up to account for the added rank column but you can sort that column in the draft board and that should work for the time being.

I've linked the official draft board to this so it will auto update when players are drafted using columns A thru F.  The top section of the sheet is also linked to the official workbook.

The other sheet is called BIG BOARD, this is linked to what round options you select in the Draft Board sheet.

I'm leaving the house for a few hours but will be back later this evening to update the formulas for the Big Board sheet to match up with the rank column.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Thanks guys.  

Sweet

@mountainpd if you could PM me your selection before you make it, I want to add that player to this functionality and see what happens.

36 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@Forge is the big board rank column  after the big board round column changing the order on your big board, or is it just putting them on your board in order they are on the draft board ??

I haven't tested it out yet, but in theory column h puts the player on your board and the column next to it would rank them accordingly inside that tier

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I haven't tested it out yet, but in theory column h puts the player on your board and the column next to it would rank them accordingly inside that tier

It is not ranking inside that tier for me, just keeps the order they are on the draft board.

Lemme know what happens when you test it.

29 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It is not ranking inside that tier for me, just keeps the order they are on the draft board.

Lemme know what happens when you test it.

What I said earlier the function is there I just haven't had a chance to change the formula in the big board sheet yet.  I'll get to that tonight.

• Like 1

I'd love to restructure how we manage the draft.  

Not sure if it would work but my thoughts would be at the end of each day if we get ahead on time we change the times where the next pick is the 10am est time slot.

Only issue I could see with this is that it could make this miss their pick due to the new time slot.

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I think the fixed schedule works ok. We all get antsy waiting for our next pick but knowing well in advance when our picks are on the clock is handy. 

I agree....and you're right about getting antsy.  I'm 14 picks away but not slotted to pick until Monday at 6:40 pm. 

Hey guys please provide your feedback on this mock and how we managed it.  Any suggestions you'd like to see if we can work in for the next one is always welcome.  Big or small it doesn't matter.  For example, one small thing I'd like to see changed is how the player info is displayed when creating a contract.  Currently, when you use the drop down list to pull up a player to be bid on it shows the ID - Player Name - Grade - APY - CL.  I'd rather it not show the player grade but include the SB value instead.  Another little item I'd like to add is team need section in the team workbook so when OTC the draft board would list those out.

I think it has gone pretty well for the most part, their were a few issues with the workbooks starting out with the extension sheets and the APY values but all in all I think it went rather well.

Some previous suggestions that I'd like to add:

• Include a bid slot that can be used as an alternate bid should your first target not get awarded to you.
    • Need to iron out the details on this so that it doesn't create any issues or loopholes.
    • Still not completely sold on this because I love how the current free agency is set up, but I'm willing to try it if we can get any issues worked out before we implement it.
  • Adjust the subsequent 30% rule for UFA/Resign/Reserve/Extensions contracts.
    • Second year of contract is set to 40% then each subsequent year after is 30%.
  • Fix the Trade Value Scale sheet so that it gives you the exact cost of the trade and how it effects the salary caps top 51.
  • Add a big board & draft board to the team workbook

Again, big or small please provide your suggestions that you believe would improve this mock.

I'd like to thank you all for participating in Total Control.  Without you guys this mock wouldn't exist.  Special thanks to the members that have been helping me out from start to finish.

@MikeT14 @squire12 @sparky151 @MKnight82 @NYRaider @downundermike @RTTRUTH @bcb1213 @JetsandI Sure I'm forgetting someone if so apologies.

Also a shout out to the members that came in and took over a team midway through this mock.

@eaglesfan0075 @Ghostnote @Underdog

Hope all the rookies of tcmd have enjoyed themselves and I look forward to seeing you again next year.  To the veterans of tcmd, you guys are awesome, couldn't do this without you.  

Team GM Tags

Arizona Cardinals - @LuckyNumber11
Atlanta Falcons - @ovfd55
Baltimore Ravens - @Justone2
Buffalo Bills -
@downundermike & @Iggles25
Carolina Panthers - @MikeT14
Chicago Bears - @squire12
Cincinnati Bengals - @sparky151
Cleveland Browns - @cortes02
Dallas Cowboys - 
@eaglesfan0075 
Denver Broncos - 
@BowserBroncos 
Detroit Lions - @winitall
Green Bay Packers - 
@Ghostnote
Houston Texans - @jch1911
Indianapolis Colts - @RTTRUTH
Jacksonville Jaguars - @Trojan
Kansas City Chiefs - @RedGold
Las Vegas Raiders - @NYRaider & @Humble_Beast
Los Angeles Chargers - @whodatOL
Los Angeles Rams - @Freebirdsrams
Miami Dolphins - @mountainpd
Minnesota Vikings - @KingOfNewYork
New England Patriots - 
@Underdog
New Orleans Saints - @whodatOL
New York Giants - @ny92mike
New York Jets - @bcb1213
Philadelphia Eagles - @EaglesPeteC
Pittsburgh Steelers - @Cbrunn
San Francisco 49ers - @Forge
Seattle Seahawks - @DTMW78
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - @BucsDraftGeek47
Tennessee Titans - @Daniel & @SerenityNow
Washington Commanders - @MKnight82

• Like 3

It's very well done Mike.

Alternative bids would be fun, but also dramatically change strategies.

One thing that might work is a couple day tamper period where everyone gets a list of UFA, then get's to tag them "Teams interested" like just a basic anonymous tally and that could boost players contract demands. These demands might get kinda dumb, but eventually would drop with the decreases.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Hey guys please provide your feedback on this mock and how we managed it.  Any suggestions you'd like to see if we can work in for the next one is always welcome. 

I will circle back to this after the madness has subsided.  I am in full on NCAA mode right now.

I think it went pretty well overall. 

For the free agent bidding, in years past we could guarantee salary. Since it's only a 1 year mock that starts anew each year I agree that taking the guarantees out is a good idea. But signing bonus should probably be beefed up. For earlier rounds and higher priced players, they should be asking for more SB in my opinion. That would also keep some of the better players on the market longer while the cap strapped teams can do their bargain shopping.