AFC Championship Game Bengals vs the World!

Beck Bristow

Thanks to all who issued congratulatory posts! @Apparition @wwhickok @DR43@SteelKing728 @biggie. @Forge @rickyt31 @DaWg_LB. @RaidersAreOne @RuskieTitan @bungleodeon @Rtnldave @baltimoreRebel @Neumatic @DawgX @Jroc04 @twotonebluenation @Xenos @EaglesFlySBChampsHigh @HDsportsfan @joeybrowner47 @Warhorse @JoshstraDaymus@jonnguy2015 @Uncle Buck

I'm truly happy that others outside of Bengals nation are enjoying this run as well.  It's been unbelievable for me, and i'm sure a lot of other Bengals fans.  Thank you for dropping in!

• Like 14

12 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

This is so surreal. We’ve lost so many forum members over the years, it’s so cool to share this with the few that are left 

My activity has dropped a lot in the last couple of years, i know.  But i'm still around, and glad to celebrate with the people who are left!  

• Like 1

On the topic of actual game analysis.  My brain was a little muddled bc MY GOODNESS THEY WERE ACTUALLY DOING IT!!! but i thought the secondary did an amazing job of adjusting to what KC was looking to do.  I thought they made two key adjustments at halftime that won them the game. 

1. They got out of "don't give up anything deep mode" and started aggressively attacking the underneath routes
  2. They played the same front 4 defense tactic that the Titans used on the Bengals - keep Mahomes in front and only give him space behind to run.  That created some huge sacks as Mahomes ran in circles trying to get outside.

On offense, man they struggled in the red zone again.  I told some other people this week they needed to figure that out for the Chiefs.  And even said to my wife during the game that field goals weren't going to cut it.  But somehow they did just enough.  If i'm the Rams, i play for fades and only fades in the redzone, bc that seems like the only play call the Bengals were willing to make down there.

Lastly, can't fail to mention the guy with ice in his veins - Evan McPherson.  What a freaking weapon for a kicker.  When they got to the 38 yard line in OT i looked over at my wife and said "omg they're going to the super bowl".  I knew they were done throwing, and all they had to do was run the ball until they were comfortable with the kick on a 3rd down.  Amazing draft pick.

3 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I need to see a Campbell's Chunky soup commercial where CJ is feeding Evan and Joe.

oh man i just got sad again.  watching the post game with CJ being CJ (all smiles) i couldn't help but be sad that he's going to miss the SB game.  that guy deserves to play in a SB.

18 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Do we know he's out? He looked pretty good in the postgame

He was still hobbling.  i assume it was an MCL tear, based on the hit he took.  If he's back, i'll be surprised, but i haven't heard official news.