Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

Alright, well we've made it through our first day of tcmd.

Some changes have been made so be sure to read.

@sparky151 I adjusted a few of the OL grades/ apy values.  Didn't get them all but managed to get a few more.  

Updated the team workbooks so that if a player has already been tagged or is no longer available to be bid on, they will not show up in the UFA bidding sheets.

We will not be doing the waiver wire this year, so any player that you release will be put into the UFA list.

Remember that if you release a player you will not have the option to bid on him in FA for 3 bidding rounds.  Prevents us from cutting a high price player and adding him right back at a cheaper APY.

The only tag your are able to use that allows you to extend their contract immediately is the exclusive rights one.  All other tags, you must wait until after the match / decline section of the tender offer sheet.

Be sure to post questions here, my inbox fills up fast and you'll have a much better chance of getting an answer from the vets.  I'm a night owl and don't wake up until late in the day.

Still have several teams who haven't been active with making transactions or here in the discussion thread.   If for any reason you can't continue with the mock let me know so that we can find a replacement.  Inactivity will lead to you being replaced.

GUIDELINES/RULES

SCHEDULE

Eastern Time Zone

Start Date:  Tuesday,  Feb. 14th @ 12pm (noon)

Transactions that you are allowed to do regardless which phase we are in.

• Waiver Wire- Open for the duration of the mock draft.

• Players are held on waivers for 48  hrs.  If not signed during that time you can find them in the UFA.

• Restructure/ Standard Extension

• You can post these transactions in the league office at any time, with the exception of tagged (non exclusive/transition) extensions.

• Exclusive Rights tagged players you can start working on player extensions at any time.

• Post these transactions to the League Office one at a time, once the transaction has been updated in the official team rosters, I will remove the data from your personal workbook.

• Release and/or trading of players.

Phase 1

• Exclusive Rights Free Agent - ERFA Designation Deadline - Thursday, Feb. 16th @ 6pm

• Restricted Free Agent - RFA Tender Designation Deadline -  Thursday, Feb. 16th @ 6pm

• Franchise/Transition Tag Deadlines -  Thursday, Feb. 16th @ 6pm

Phase 2

• GM can begin to create contract  extensions for Exclusive Tagged players only.

• Use the Tagged option in the drop down cell in the Extension sheet.

• Tender Offer Sheet Contract

• Deadline to have offer sheet bids completed - Saturday, Feb. 18th @ 8pm

• I’ll post the valid contract offers and tag the GM/coGMs by - Saturday, Feb. 18th @ 10pm

Round 1 Free Agent Bidding

• Deadline to have contracts created - Monday, Feb. 20th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results - Monday, Feb. 20th @ 11pm

• Note:  1st round announcement may exceed 11pm

Team GM Tags

Arizona Cardinals - @LuckyNumber11
Atlanta Falcons - @ovfd55
Baltimore Ravens - @Justone2
Buffalo Bills - @Trentwannabe
Carolina Panthers - @MikeT14
Chicago Bears - @squire12
Cincinnati Bengals - @sparky151
Cleveland Browns - @cortes02
Dallas Cowboys - @JetsandI
Denver Broncos - @Scoundrel
Detroit Lions - @winitall
Green Bay Packers - @MaximusGluteus
Houston Texans - @jch1911
Indianapolis Colts - @RTTRUTH
Jacksonville Jaguars - @Trojan
Kansas City Chiefs - @RedGold
Las Vegas Raiders - @NYRaider & @Humble_Beast
Los Angeles Chargers - @whodatOL
Los Angeles Rams - @Freebirdsrams
Miami Dolphins - @mountainpd
Minnesota Vikings - @KingOfNewYork
New England Patriots - @Deadpulse
New Orleans Saints - @whodatOL
New York Giants - @ny92mike & @YogiBiz
New York Jets - @bcb1213
Philadelphia Eagles - @EaglesPeteC
Pittsburgh Steelers - @Cbrunn
San Francisco 49ers - @Forge
Seattle Seahawks - @DTMW78
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - @BucsDraftGeek47
Tennessee Titans - @Daniel & @SerenityNow
Washington Commanders - @MKnight82

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@RedGold

Hey man could you look into this for me please.

@mountainpd thinks he should have the following pick.

I would give it a couple weeks for the complete order to be straightened out.   Some of those trades it's hard to determine exactly which one is flipping.     I do believe he's right that the early 6th with be Mia's though.   

2 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I would give it a couple weeks for the complete order to be straightened out.   Some of those trades it's hard to determine exactly which one is flipping.     I do believe he's right that the early 6th with be Mia's though.   

We need to lock the draft order in asap.  If teams start trading these picks and then we try to change the order at a later date it's going to get messy.

I pulled this order from OTC site a few days ago.

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

We need to lock the draft order in asap.  If teams start trading these picks and then we try to change the order at a later date it's going to get messy.

Drafttek is updated yesterday. It confirmed MPD's statement.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Give Mia the Chicago pick,    and KC Mia's pick.    I would almost promise this isn't the only one like that though.   

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

That's going to be your best bet this early,     OTC won't have all the trades right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

Give Mia the Chicago pick,    and KC Mia's pick.    I would almost promise this isn't the only one like that though.   

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

That's going to be your best bet this early,     OTC won't have all the trades right.

What about draftek that @JetsandI mentioned?

Just looking for the best one.  I used OTC because someone mentioned that it had all the comp picks for players and coaches.