2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Another improvement that I've added to these private team roster workbooks that you guys might like to hear.  

All the mocks that we've done in the past player position changes were always an issue to get changed.  This year I'm trying something new, not sure how it'll work out but it's a starting point for us to enhance for next season.

So without boring you with how it works it basically allows you to change the position of the player using the drop down in the position column (N) this will only work for the Unofficial (private) workbooks, but it's better than nothing.  Also worth noting is that the entire section of contract info has to be unprotected to be able to sort, so be careful with navigating because columns Pos. Sort, Player Identifier, player name, Cap number, contract terms and released cap hit all contain formulas.

This could blow up in my face, but we'll see how it works...haha.

15 hours ago, ny92mike said:

A quick show of hands if you guys think we should do one last otc contract pull.  I need you guys to vote on this as quick as possible because I'm either doing it today or I'm not.

There has been a lot of contract extensions and signings that have taken place since I did this last pull, so I think we should do this.  I hate it because it's a minimum day long process but part of why I'd like to do this is that I'd like to use my own grading system to determine expected apy values vs PFF....both grading systems have their flaws but I'd prefer to use my own system where possible.

Once I get this done I'll be getting these workbooks out to you guys.

So again please let me know asap.

Thanks

25 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

A quick show of hands if you guys think we should do one last otc contract pull.  I need you guys to vote on this as quick as possible because I'm either doing it today or I'm not.

There has been a lot of contract extensions and signings that have taken place since I did this last pull, so I think we should do this.  I hate it because it's a minimum day long process but part of why I'd like to do this is that I'd like to use my own grading system to determine expected apy values vs PFF....both grading systems have their flaws but I'd prefer to use my own system where possible.

Once I get this done I'll be getting these workbooks out to you guys.

So again please let me know asap.

Thanks

If you have time yes. But don’t break your neck doing it if you haven’t 

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

A quick show of hands if you guys think we should do one last otc contract pull.  I need you guys to vote on this as quick as possible because I'm either doing it today or I'm not

Part of me says yes (for accuracy); the selfish part says no (bad contract given by Texans)

But I echo everybody here: not if it is going to be a huge undertaking for you.

9 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I think the deals done in real life since the last OTC pull should count. But feel free to make it the team GM's job to let you know who got a deal different from the workbooks.

I've started...Got the new pull done, now it's just working on creating the APY values.  Once I get to a point I'll hit you guys up again showing both PFF and my own system grades to determine the best direction to go in.  The grades determine the APY values.