Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

31 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

Always the same members...   drop the politics now.  

I mean, I admit I’m bad about letting it go, but you can’t possibly be upset with the discussion here.

It’s 110% less inflammatory than a Browns vs .....  

a Browns vs....

let’s just pretend the Browns had a real rival.  110% less inflammatory than that.

And @MWil23 knows he’s wrong.  He readily admits it.  Readily admit it @MWil23.  Show him how friendly we are by saying you’re an idiot.  A big, dumb idiot with a goofy haircut and bad taste in sports teams.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, I admit I’m bad about letting it go, but you can’t possibly be upset with the discussion here.

It’s 110% less inflammatory than a Browns vs .....  

a Browns vs....

let’s just pretend the Browns had a real rival.  110% less inflammatory than that.

And @MWil23 knows he’s wrong.  He readily admits it.  Readily admit it @MWil23.  Show him how friendly we are by saying you’re an idiot.  A big, dumb idiot with a goofy haircut and bad taste in sports teams.

piGMDmW.gif

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I bet he’s admitting it rn

I’m happily married. Admitting I’m wrong is second nature.

• Like 1

6/13/2020 MoL Scores:

Methodology and disclaimer: MoL score is a simple metric for measuring rate of spread of the novel coronavirus within communities.  The metric was developed by mission and TLO and has not been subjected to academic peer review.  The MoL looks at a trailing average of daily new cases and compares this to trailing active cases within the community.  These rankings do not represent the opinion of anyone other than mission and TLO and should not be taken as advice of any kind.  Please note while the numbers themselves are objective calculations, smugness and Taylor Swift lyrics may factor into our commentary and decisions on tiers.  The MoL reserves the right to make changes to this methodology at any time.  Please follow all relevant governmental and/or WHO/CDC guidance.  We will defeat this virus.

"I blew things out of proportion, now you're blue
Put you in jail for something you didn't do"

- Taylor Swift

MoL sends its thoughts and prayers to the people of Arizona who are ruining this for everybody.  WEAR A MASK.

Tier 1: Outbreak under control, safe to begin relaxing social distancing measures

giphy.gif

Tier 1 countries are pretty,... pretty... pretty good

How to safely open up in Tier 1? Take a look at the MoL method for proper easing, otherwise known as the MoL public health cost benefit matrix.

New Zealand: 0.0 (perfect score still! they reported that the last known active case has recovered, meaning no COVID in New Zealand. if they get to the end of next week without any cases they'll officially have retired from the MoL!)

Spain: 0.1*

Netherlands: 0.4

Belgium: 0.4

UK: 0.5

Italy: 0.7

France: 0.8

Hong Kong: 1.1

Australia: 1.5

Canada: 1.4

USA: 2.0

Ireland: 2.0

Sweden: 2.0*

Portugal: 2.5

Czech Republic: 2.6

Singapore: 2.9

Global: 2.9

Germany: 3.1

Turkey: 3.6

Japan: 3.6

Denmark: 5.0

South Korea: 5.2

Switzerland: 5.9

Austria: 5.9

Israel: 7.2

Tier 2: New case growth is minimal suggesting social distancing is working, likely a few weeks away from breaking into tier 1

source.gif

Tier 2 countries aren't  doing as well as Tier 1 countries, but eh, we'll give 'em a pass, why not!  Especially since Larry doesn't want to get fatwahed again.

Russia: 3.8

Philippines: 3.9

China: 9.6

Tier 3: Countries in this group that are showing increased MoLs have the potential to go deep into the danger zones, but countries with falling MoLs may only be a couple of days from tier 2 status and may have already peaked in gross # of new cases

giphy.gif

These countries could really do a lot better if they followed common decency standards, like washing their hands or respecting wood 

Brazil: 7.5

Iran: 7.6

India: 9.0

Tier 4: Aggressive growth, still likely have not peaked in single day cases, and likely a week or two minimum from peak in deaths (however many of these countries are still slowing down)

source.gif

We feel very bad for the last Tier 4 country remaining on our list, the Mexico.  Its like that time Funkhauser became an orphan at 60 (RIP Funkhauser).

Mexico: 22.8

USA State Level MoLs

image.png

image.png

MoL Deaths

Another all-time low although only slightly below yesterday's number.  Deaths averaged 776 last week, the lowest in 11 weeks.

image.png

Canada

image.png

Great job @JBURGE

Quebec doing great moving on up.  Ontario into Tier 1.  Now open the border.

MoL.png

The MoL would like to thank everyone for their contributions to this important work including @ET80 @acowboys62 @dtait93 @Dome @naptownskinsfan @kingseanjohn @Malfatron @Shady Slim @malagabears @daboyle250 @vikesfan89 @ramssuperbowl99 @sdrawkcab321 @Nazgul @kingseanjohn  @TwoUpTwoDown @Xenos @Nex_Gen @FinneasGage @TVScout @seriously27 @N4L and the others who love us so much

We'd even like to thank @pwny @Glen and others for their critical attitude because of the attention it brings to the great work MoL is doing 

@TLO

source.gif

The message of this gif is that the MoL is signing out until tomorrow (although we reserve the right to **** on anyone who questions our authority on these matters)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

Canada’s border is open for family reunification as well as those transiting to Alaska. That’s more than sufficient right now.

Awe so we can't go up there to get the hell away from all this crazy stuff? :P

The free:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/14/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

The maybe free:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/coronavirus-maps.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20200614&instance_id=19383&nl=the-morning&regi_id=127802529&segment_id=30883&te=1&user_id=0ec3b530f45ff5c070e34ae9b6fc8ea1

Florida fired its coronavirus data scientist. Now she’s publishing the statistics on her own.

Tension built for days between Florida Department of Health supervisors and the department’s geographic information systems manager before officials showed her the door, she says, permanently pulling her off the coronavirus dashboard that she operated for weeks.

Managers had wanted Rebekah Jones to make certain changes to the public-facing portal, she says. Jones had objected to — and sometimes refused to comply with — what she saw as unethical requests. She says the department offered to let her resign. Jones declined.

Weeks after she was fired in mid-May, Jones has now found a way to present the state’s coronavirus data exactly the way she wants it: She created a dashboard of her own.

“I wanted to build an application that delivered data and helped people get tested and helped them get resources that they need from their community,” Jones, 30, said of the site that launched Thursday. “And that’s what I ended up building with this new dashboard.”  White House coronavirus response coordinator Deborah Birx praised Florida’s official coronavirus dashboard in April as a beacon of transparency. But Jones has asserted that the site undercounts the state’s infection total and overcounts the number of people tested — with the official numbers bolstering the decision to start loosening restrictions on the economy in early May, when the state had not met federal guidelines for reopening.  The competing opinions about how to frame Florida’s data underscore the importance of access to accurate information about the virus’s spread as the state continues to lift restrictions on public life. Among other data-related controversies, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) came under heavy scrutiny after Jones first alleged publicly that the health department was manipulating statistics to support his desire to reopen. Her dashboard said Florida had tested 895,947 people as of Friday evening, whereas the state dashboard listed the number of people tested as more than 1.3 million. The project has been neither easy — Jones said she has been working 12-hour days — nor cheap. To launch the site, Jones said she bought a new computer, upgraded her hard drive and licensed the software that she uses to create the maps. A GoFundMe page had raised nearly $27,000 for her as of Friday evening.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/12/rebekah-jones-florida-coronavirus/?utm_campaign=wp_for_you&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_personalizedforyou

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

How does the virus hold up to wind? It feels like there has been 30 mph winds more often  than not lately

The wind will obviously blow it around. It's microscopic and doesn't have wings or a jet pack. It doesn't kill it though. 

What exactly are you asking?

Maryland's phase two is progressing.  Restaurants were allowed to open at 50% indoor capacity this past Friday at 5 pm- and I noticed a lot of people dining out Saturday as I drove home from work.  

This Friday, malls are allowed to open as well as gyms.  Capacity for events are going from 10 people to 50 people.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Canada’s border is open for family reunification as well as those transiting to Alaska. That’s more than sufficient right now.

A friend of mine has been working in the state department trying to get people home to the US, as well as send people back to their home country.  It is nice that the border is open for something other than those official diplomatic channels though. 

• Like 2