26 members have voted

1. 1. 1970s vs 1990s

• Jaws (1)
    • Se7en (3)
  2. 2. 2000s vs 1980s

• Die Hard (2)
    • No Country for Old Men (5)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/2020 at 08:00 PM

Welcome to the Bracket Phase of the Football's Future Best Movie Ever Tournament! You can see the results and links for the nomination and polling for our entrants in the master thread:

See the bracket bellow:

1970s Jaws (1)        
1940s and Earlier The Maltese Falcon (8)   Jaws (1)    

1990s Se7en (3)   Se7en (3)    
1960s Bullit (6)        
    Thriller  
2000s No Country for Old Men (5)        
1950s Rear Window (4)   No Country for Old Men (5)    

2010s The Town (7)   Die Hard (2)    
1980s Die Hard (2)        

FF only allows three questions at a time so first round voting will be 2 matchups at once, subsequent rounds will be all at once. Seeding is 1-8 and denoted in parentheses next to the title. Voting will end Wednesday, 8/5/2020 at 4pm. 

@Calvert28@Uncle Buck @THE DUKE   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

While I do like Se7en more, Jaws’ impact forever changed cinema which i can’t front on. I did like No Country but hated how Josh Brolin’s character’s fate happened off screen. That’s enough for me to roll with John McClane. 

Very surprised Jaws is having that much competition with Se7en but that is a great movie as well, not sure it is a thriller though I would call it more a crime drama than a thrilling movie.  Jaws is action packed and thrilling so got my vote.  

Jaws is a movie that hasn't aged that well IMO, but it's a pioneer thriller/horror movie for sure.  The close up shot with Roy Scheider has been repeated film after film, and the theme is god damned brilliant.

But outside of its influence, it's just not a movie I would sit down and watch.

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Jaws is a movie that hasn't aged that well IMO, but it's a pioneer thriller/horror movie for sure.  The close up shot with Roy Scheider has been repeated film after film, and the theme is god damned brilliant.

Actually, that was a Hitchcock shot.  Vertigo. 

• Like 1