How Are Those Rookies Doing?

notthatbluestuff

Wills had a great second game after a decent first game. Pretty good considering he's switched to LT and had a really limited TC. He'll have a good test this week going up against Washington's DEs.

Delpit is out for the year, and man could we use him as Sandejo has been AWFUL.

Jordan Elliott is our third DT and has definitely flashed when he's on the field. Will likely be a starter come next season as Ogunjobi will be a FA, and if he's brought back, Richardson will likely be cut.

Phillips was pretty much a JAG game one and was injured game two.

Harrison Bryant has looked solid. Has only seen like one or two targets thrown his way, but that's not surprise given our personnel on offense. Had a really good day blocking vs. the Bengals. He's a guy a lot of Browns fans are high on.

Nick Harris is a backup, but supposedly looked solid in TC playing with the starters while JC Tretter was injured.

DPJ has been inactive both games.

6 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Love seeing the good news about Mekhi Becton. Had him as my undisputed top OT in this class and top 5 overall prospect. 

For the Seahawks, 3rd round OG Damien Lewis has graded out as one of the best run blockers in the NFL through 2 games. He’s pretty much the only rookie to see heavy snaps so far. 

Dont forget Freddie "Touchdown" Swain.

Chase claypool - already showing ability to be a game changer( 5 rec for 127 yards with a NFL long 84 yard TD + a monster on special teams)

Alex Higsmith - good sign that he's already part of the OLB rotation and was close to getting a sack in week 1.

Mcfarland- have not seen much yet, dressed in week 2 but did not get any carries, I hope that changes since he's our only speed back

Dotson- made his 1st career start against Den and looked like he belongs. might end up a starter for us next yr.

for a draft that did not have many picks, I'm pleasantly surprise by the production we're receiving so far.

-

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

UDFA Rookie Krys Barnes has probably been the best rookie for the Packers. Limited snaps but he has looked like the real deal when he's seen the field.

I was guessing that zero udfa's would make the team this year, given the limited offseason.
But Barnes made it - and he showed he belongs with the plays he made vs Dalvin Cook in the opener

• Like 1

Ruggs started fast in the first half of week one then got banged up and has been used as a decoy since. Drew two big PI's, one that helped ice the game vs NO. You can tell DBs are aware of his speed. 

Arnette has been up and down(as expected for CBs starting day 1) he was solid vs Carolina, got a hand on a couple balls but then got beat bad on a double move that went for 75. Started slow vs NO, and was put on the bench for a series or two. Came back and played some good ball. Very physical in the run and screen game. I think he projects to a above average CB2 long term

Lynn Bowden=traded for a 4th, yikes

Bryan Edwards was the talk of camp. Had one catch week 1 and was an afterthought. Caught 2 big passes week 2 vs Lattimore. One on a big 3rd down. You can see the potentil in the kid as a big bodied playmaker. I think he is going to be a stud once he gains DC's trust.

Tanner Muse=IR, reportedly looked lost all TC and was placed on IR, another yikes.

John Simpson. saw action in week 2 when Incognito went down. DC said we scaled some things back a bit, but we didnt give up a sack after he was brought in. Only average 3.3 ypc but he fared well vs a tough front 7. Back up G, until Incognito retires or Jackson is trade/cut.

Amik Robertson has yet to hit the field i believe and was inactive week 2. Potentially our long term nCB.

Up and down draft class. But a few of them are contributing very early. 

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Any Lions fans want to tell me how Jeff Okudah has looked?

He looks fully Lionized, which is very impressive considering he's only played one game in the NFL.

He didn't play week 1 reportedly because of a hamstring, but there are rumors that he would have only played every third or fourth series if he were active.

Week 2 he was the second lowest graded CB by PFF. He led the team in tackles (because he gave up so many completions) and honestly looked lost out there. Davante Adams made him look silly a couple of times but, I mean, Adams is an elite route runner and this was Okudah's first game in the NFL. What's more concerning is that Valdez-Scantling also made him look silly. 

He was in man to man for a lot of his snaps so it's not like he was blowing zone responsibilities, he was just getting beat. There's rumblings that he's been a diva throughout training camp as well. All in all, it's one game against a Hall of Fame QB and a Pro Bowl WR and there's logically no way he's not going to get better, it's just a bit concerning to see and hear, especially when C.J. Henderson has been balling out for Jacksonville.

• Like 1