2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

19 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Just based on numbers i would assume those are just the reserve bids awarded. I think at least for me reserve bids are more of a way to keep those fringe guys you want to keep but only for as cheap as possible so i put in a min bid unless i see a guy i really want to keep is targeted already. The one or more i really want to keep i put an actual bid on instead of putting them on the reserve thing. Might be a psychological thing more than anything though. 

I think its a thing that you could scrap but then i would more say add a extra resign slot to make it 3 and 2 instead of increasing just the amount of bids you can make no matter which way you spread them. Or maybe adding 2/3 reserve slots in the FA Bidding sheet could fix the need for a new sheet. Dont know what that will do with loading times and for the power needed to load that one sheet though.

Don't think I'd scrap the entire thing, but maybe just reduce the number of bid slots, not really sure to be honest with you what I think it needs just feel that it needs something...could be the pain talking for all I know.

Looking at future mock drafts which columns of player data could I remove to reduce the scrolling?  The X are columns that I can't remove for formula reasons but I can hide any of them, let me know which ones that we could at least hide, column data that you could care less about seeing.

I want to start working on the template for the rosters.

Thanks

CL X
Obtained X
Status X
Pos. Sort X
Player Identifier X
NFL Team  
ID #  
Player Name  
Pos X
Exp X
Grade X
Vet. Min. X
Base Salary X
Base Gtd. X
Signing Bonus X
Roster Bonus X
Workout Bonus X
Cap Number X
Contract Terms  
Expected APY X
Expected Bonus X
Max CL X
5TH Year Opt.  
Release Cap Savings  

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Looking at future mock drafts which columns of player data could I remove to reduce the scrolling?  The X are columns that I can't remove for formula reasons but I can hide any of them, let me know which ones that we could at least hide, column data that you could care less about seeing.

I want to start working on the template for the rosters.

Thanks

CL X
Obtained X
Status X
Pos. Sort X
Player Identifier X
NFL Team  
ID #  
Player Name  
Pos X
Exp X
Grade X
Vet. Min. X
Base Salary X
Base Gtd. X
Signing Bonus X
Roster Bonus X
Workout Bonus X
Cap Number X
Contract Terms  
Expected APY X
Expected Bonus X
Max CL X
5TH Year Opt.  
Release Cap Savings  

5th year opt. is a good one to remove.

Most of the GM don't even do that because it won't impact their cap in the actual year.

• Like 1

I'd like to reduce it so that the entire roster data can be seen at least on my desktop without the need to scroll.  For you phone users well I don't think there is anything I can do to prevent scrolling but can certainly limit it, by hiding a lot of this data, just need to know which columns to hide.

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

My leak for the day...Will try to do more when I get back.

New York Jets are in negotiations with several players we are hearing and it sounds like they are close to finalizing a deal.  

Could this be the day the Jets make a splash?

Wasn't the plan to not let the Jets get anyone?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ny92mike said:

FA BIDDING DEADLINE FOR ROUND 3 IS TONIGHT - THURSDAY 8PM EST

Round 3 Free Agency Bidding (20% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – THURSDAY FEB 18th @ 9pm

Round 4 Free Agency Bidding (30% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - MONDAY FEB 22nd @ 8pm

@LuckyNumber11 @whodatOL @mike23md @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @cortes02 @Matts4313 @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @pwny @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @EaglesPeteC @FinneasGage @Uncle Buck @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14 @MaximusGluteus @drfrey13 @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @SerenityNow

Deadline tonight is 8 pm, not 9 pm, right?

As for reserve bids, I like them. My team always has plenty of cap space and can't spend it all in round 1 so the reserve bids let us play defense while trying to upgrade our untalented roster by filching other team's good players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Deadline tonight is 8 pm, not 9 pm, right?

As for reserve bids, I like them. My team always has plenty of cap space and can't spend it all in round 1 so the reserve bids let us play defense while trying to upgrade our untalented roster by filching other team's good players. 

Yes...Corrected in the schedule workbook.